• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Type Would Make The Best King?

Which type would make the best king? Why?

• Total voters

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It's a tough question. I suppose Plato would argue the best king is someone who doesn't actually want power or control, but has it foisted upon him (I've heard that the founding fathers actually followed a similar ideology in choosing Washington). That in a well-functioning society, the king is the most miserable person. By that "the best rulers never crave power" rule, INTJ probably isn't a great answer. Not to say all INTJs have a particular lust for some measure of control or influence, but there are probably other groups that, on the whole, want it less.

Not to say I necessarily agree with Plato on his whole philosopher-king riff, just bringing up the notion.

Also, RE: something earlier: I don't care much for Ayn Rand myself, but I always thought she was usually considered INTP, not INTJ? A lot of her Mary-Sue characters seem to be considered INTP.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I wanted to add ENTP also, but couldnt find it, but then saw it after i voted

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's a tough question. I suppose Plato would argue the best king is someone who doesn't actually want power or control, but has it foisted upon him (I've heard that the founding fathers actually followed a similar ideology in choosing Washington). That a well-functioning society, the king is the most miserable person. By that "the best rulers never crave power" rule, INTJ probably isn't a great answer. Not to say all INTJs have a particular lust for some measure of control or influence, but there are probably other groups that, on the whole, want it less.

Not to say I necessarily agree with Plato on his whole philosopher-king riff, just bringing up the notion.

Also, RE: something earlier: I don't care much for Ayn Rand myself, but I always thought she was usually considered INTP, not INTJ? A lot of her Mary-Sue characters seem to be considered INTP.

Yep, king shouldnt be too controlling or controlling people for his own good, thats way no way in hell Te dom or aux should be a king. Imo king needs to be N and Efp or Fj or Tp or there is a 95% chance that king should be killed

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yep, king shouldnt be too controlling or controlling people for his own good

I think a lot of people would agree their preferred king would be the kind of king who says "wait, why the fuck do we have a king?"

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
Any type can be a king if they are qualify. As for me, I don't want to be a king or queen, that's not my style.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
For me it's between a INFJ and INTJ - they were the two that immediately came to mind based on pure instinct. I suppose I see them as deep thinkers and noble crusaders for social order and justice. I struggle to choose one because I believe a balance of the impersonal and personal logic is more ideal.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Having balanced introversion/extroversion is one of the first signs of personal development.

And more important than type to whether someone should be king is that they are a highly developed person.

I can't vote for INTJ, cuz that could be a super-introverted retarded INTJ (we've seen enough of them).

And I can't vote for ENTJ, cuz, well, they tend to be retarded, power-hungry monsters.

That being said, an xNTJ would be far better than a xNFP.

ENFPs should never be close to the reins of power.

Its like when the I becomes the E (in xntj case), the IQ suddenly plummeted by 40 points. Thats just my view though.:gleam:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I think a lot of people would agree their preferred king would be the kind of king who says "wait, why the fuck do we have a king?"

Hopefully he would also have an answer to that question.

Its like when the I becomes the E (in xntj case), the IQ suddenly plummeted by 40 points.

I'm not sure if you understood what I meant by xNTJ.

Thats just my view though.

Yes, and that's never been a particularly intelligent one.

Mia.

I agree that it should be an XNTJ. All the best despotic, atheistic dictatorships are run by NTJs with a keen, objective sense of what a perfect society would/should look like and the tireless, goal-oriented drive to achieve the power necessary to shove it down everyone's throat for the greater good. :D

A

Anew Leaf

I,for one, would like to point out that IXFPs would make the worst type.

Nicodemus

o_O, I thought "Der" was the male form. I'm ok with "Die" INFJ though. :D

EDIT: I stand corrected. Heil dem (einem?) INFJ!
'INFJ' as a feminine noun:
Nominative: die
Genitive: der
Dative: der
Accusative: die

'INFJ' as a masculine noun:
Nominative: der
Genitive: des
Dative: dem
Accusative: den

So, saying "Heil der INFJ" is correct if you wish to indicate that the INFJ is female (although nouns actually have fixed genders), as "Heil dem INFJ" would be correct if you wished to indicate that the INFJ is male, because you are using the dative case.

KDude

I,for one, would like to point out that IXFPs would make the worst type.

Wasn't Princess Diana one of those types?

If she had lived 500 or more years ago, when royalty still mattered, then she'd probably be looked at as some fairytale legend, shaking hands and helping out all of those dirty people and stuff. Could be worse. ;)

A

Anew Leaf

Wasn't Princess Diana one of those types?

If she had lived 500 or more years ago, when royalty still mattered, then she'd probably be looked at as some fairytale legend, shaking hands and helping out all of those dirty people and stuff. Could be worse. ;)

:laugh: True.

However, the real power would lay in whatever T type was sitting pretty on the throne.

I know that I would make a horrible person in charge of anything.... and I run my own business... :ohmy:

N

NPcomplete

:laugh: True.

However, the real power would lay in whatever T type was sitting pretty on the throne.

I know that I would make a horrible person in charge of anything.... and I run my own business... :ohmy:

For some reason, I think I'd be ok with that kind of power. I would probably be uncomfortable at first but not for long.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree that it should be an XNTJ. All the best despotic, atheistic dictatorships are run by NTJs with a keen, objective sense of what a perfect society would/should look like and the tireless, goal-oriented drive to achieve the power necessary to shove it down everyone's throat for the greater good. :D

There is no such thing as an objective sense of a perfect society. Any idea of such a perfect society is subjective.

My greater good is better than their greater good.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I make a distinction in my mind between a ruler worth serving, and a ruler worth following. I think a king is rarely both as it's a difference between an Fe vs Te leadership style. If the king rules with a social contract in place, then you want an ENTJ to follow. We respect frameworks long after our regard for persons has run out. And (occasionally despite ourselves), we buy into that Rawlsian notion of justice as fairness and all that idea entails. We'd wanna know we'd have a fair shot if for some reason we had to do it all over again.

In the absence of a social contract, I'd want an INFJ to serve. I say this because I imagine a more feudal system in that vacuum, in which case the king rules by a complex array of relationships. I think the INFJ is best suited not only to manage those relationships, but also to bring out the moral best of their social web. If an ENTJ is a king of the people, then the INFJ is one for the people. The king rules by example here. INFJs live their ideals of social justice, a standard which would hopefully trickle down to even the bottom rungs of society.