User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which type would make the best king? Why?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISTJ

2 2.86%
  • INTJ

13 18.57%
  • ENTJ

20 28.57%
  • ESTJ

7 10.00%
  • ISTP

3 4.29%
  • ISFP

3 4.29%
  • ESTP

3 4.29%
  • ESFP

3 4.29%
  • INFJ

14 20.00%
  • INFP

8 11.43%
  • ENFJ

17 24.29%
  • ESFJ

2 2.86%
  • INTP

7 10.00%
  • ENTP

6 8.57%
  • ENFP

7 10.00%
  • ISFJ

3 4.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 132122232425 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    They are so confident of their decisions the moment (split second) they realize their thorough knowledge is out-dated/ not-applicable/ cannot-be-implemented they plan again. It takes only moments for them. And they would quickly make an extremely different decision. (A contingency plan it could be called.)
    But how many contingency plans do they have to go through before they realize there goal is wrong?
    Im out, its been fun

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    But how many contingency plans do they have to go through before they realize there goal is wrong?
    Maybe I was wrong when I wrote contingency plans. Once a decision is made they make contingency plans which was only one of the descriptions of my post. (This comes naturally to them.)

Adaptability,

We were initially discussing adaptability not goal setting. When I meant adaptability I had the process of achieving the goal in my mind and not the goal itself. When it comes to adaptability of the process what I said stands (and by definition and experience correct) and I hope my definition was clear enough?

And when it comes to Goals,

INTJs are still ahead hands down. And it is due to the same reasons I described in their goal settings. INTJs are so decisive they would in a split second decide to drop a project they have been working on (lets say maybe) for 5 long years if they (when they) realize it is not-necessary/ something-more-useful-is-around-the-corner/ a-more-pressing-matter-is-around-the-corner etc.

Any other type would find it incredibly hard to drop a project which they have been dedicatedly been working on for such a long time. They (the INTJ) might or might not resume later when they find the need/time/leisure for it etc.

All of these comes down to decisiveness. The INTJs Thor's Hammer is their decisiveness. And they are though more inclined on knowledge than adaptability (which of course you were right), are so decisive they would decide to adapt and adapt FASTER than any other type to a newer goal and would be more specific on it than any other type would.

All comes down to their decisiveness.

Riva

Maybe I was wrong when I wrote contingency plans. Once a decision is made they make contingency plans which was only one of the descriptions of my post. (This comes naturally to them.)

Adaptability,

We were initially discussing adaptability not goal setting. When I meant adaptability I had the process of achieving the goal in my mind and not the goal itself. When it comes to adaptability of the process what I said stands (and by definition and experience correct) and I hope my definition was clear enough?

And when it comes to Goals,

INTJs are still ahead hands down. And it is due to the same reasons I described in their goal settings. INTJs are so decisive they would in a split second decide to drop a project they have been working on (lets say maybe) for 5 long years if they (when they) realize it is not-necessary/ something-more-useful-is-around-the-corner/ a-more-pressing-matter-is-around-the-corner etc.

Any other type would find it incredibly hard to drop a project which they have been dedicatedly been working on for such a long time. They (the INTJ) might or might not resume later when they find the need/time/leisure for it etc.

All of these comes down to decisiveness. The INTJs Thor's Hammer is their decisiveness. And they are though more inclined on knowledge than adaptability (which of course you were right), are so decisive they would decide to adapt and adapt FASTER than any other type to a newer goal and would be more specific on it than any other type would.

All comes down to their decisiveness.
    And after reading this post (which is theoretically and by experience correct) I ask you dear @_Poki_ were you right to say that,

IPs are more adaptable than INTJs?

Or

Would you adapt as fast and as hard core as an INTJ I described above?

And

Whether @Zarathustra was incorrect?

MBTI
    STP

Adaptability,

And when it comes to Goals -

INTJs are still ahead hands down. And it is due to the same reasons I described in their goal settings. INTJs are so decisive they would in a split second decide to drop a project they have been working on (lets say maybe) for 5 long years if they (when they) realize it is not-necessary/ something-more-useful-is-around-the-corner/ a-more-pressing-matter-is-around-the-corner etc. Any other type would find it incredibly hard to drop a project which they have been dedicatedly been working on for such a long time. They might or might not resume later when they find the need/time/leisure for it etc.
    Yes, clear enough after this post.

Dropping projects I know about, I have adapted that from my dad ...Unfinished projects...lol. I am determined which means I will work at something until I figure it out, but I dont like starting to many projects until I discard the old projects. I have no problems switching though to something else even after 5 years. I had a car I was working on, swapped out engines with one imported from Japan, installed and programmed a DIY fuel/ignition, was working on the interior, got it running...not good at interior, had other pressing things to spend money on, challenge of engine swap/programming was done...pulled standalone fuel management system and a few other parts and gave the car to someone so he could sell it as scrap metal and let him keep the money. I was done, I dont miss it, I dont wish I didnt get rid of it. My dad(INTJ) finally sold his 1959 Chevy truck that me and him worked on after about 15 years...called ISTJ/ISTP(I think most would say he is ISTP on here) uncle up and said..I want x amount of money, anything over that you sell it for you can keep.
    Im out, its been fun

Riva

Yes, clear enough after this post.

Dropping projects I know about, I have adapted that from my dad ...Unfinished projects...lol. I am determined which means I will work at something until I figure it out, but I dont like starting to many projects until I discard the old projects. I have no problems switching though to something else even after 5 years. I had a car I was working on, swapped out engines with one imported from Japan, installed and programmed a DIY fuel/ignition, was working on the interior, got it running...not good at interior, had other pressing things to spend money on, challenge of engine swap/programming was done...pulled standalone fuel management system and a few other parts and gave the car to someone so he could sell it as scrap metal and let him keep the money. I was done, I dont miss it, I dont wish I didnt get rid of it. My dad(INTJ) finally sold his 1959 Chevy truck that me and him worked on after about 15 years...called ISTJ/ISTP(I think most would say he is ISTP on here) uncle up and said..I want x amount of money, anything over that you sell it for you can keep.
    You had to drag cars in to this didn't you?

This is why stereotyping beats common sense on any given day .

@Orangey must be kicking and screaming in her pajamas while taking her beauty sleep.

MBTI
    STP

And after reading this post (which is theoretically and by experience correct) I ask you dear @_Poki_ were you right to say that,

IPs are more adaptable than INTJs?

Or

Would you adapt as fast and as hard core as an INTJ I described above?

And

Whether @Zarathustra was incorrect?
    Yes as fast, but not as hard core. I dont equate hard-core with adaptability, its actually counter productive as "hard-core" may be in an area that isnt really adapting, but the INTJ just going with the next path in his head. Which is more like shifting gears.
    Im out, its been fun

Riva

Also an Es ability is defined by those they surround themselves with. EPs ability is different then EJs. EJs are based on advisors knowledge/expertise. An EPs ability is based on adaptability of those around them. IJs are based on internal knowledge, and IP on internal adaptability.
    Yes as fast, but not as hard core. I dont equate hard-core with adaptability, its actually counter productive as "hard-core" may be in an area that isnt really adapting, but the INTJ just going with the next path in his head. Which is more like shifting gears.
    You still didn't answer my question as to whether or not you understood the fact that the strength of an INTJ lies in decisiveness and that they use decisiveness to adapt quite fast? And faster than most other types?

Shifting gears is also a form of adapting and

Contingency planning is another point I raised which I believe is a form of another adaptability. But for the sake of the topic being adaptability it should
    be kept aside.

And wonders what on earth you mean by adaptability?

MBTI
    STP

You still didn't answer my question as to whether or not you understood the fact that the strength of an INTJ lies in decisiveness and that they use decisiveness to adapt quite fast? And faster than most other types?

Shifting gears is also a form of adapting and

Contingency planning is another point I raised which I believe is a form of another adaptability. But for the sake of the topic being adaptability it should
    be kept aside.

And wonders what on earth you mean by adaptability?
    Adaptability is the ability to bend and adjust to the current situation.

I dont have an answer to that one which is why I havnt answered...its both right and wrong depending on how I want to spin it....basically I can agree and disagree.

Shifting gears is a form of attempting to adapt...you are right..it is a form of "adapting" or the act of trying to adapt. But it does not mean that person has actually adapted. If they shift gears to adapt and then have to shift gears again for the same situation, did they really adapt the first time or just attempt to? Adapt is more of an "end" result, so the more the end result changes the more you are forced to adapt. I dont see that being a strong point for an IJ, a constant shift which is what someone who is good at adapting can handle.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

IME, INTJs do not decide in a split second to abandon a long-term project. We often see (visualize) in a split second: why the project has become a bad idea; what would be better; how the better idea roughly would look; how everything could be reconfigured to switch to the new project (yes, all this is a split second). BUT (this is where Te comes in), we then cross-check as much of this as possible with available information, and flesh out a plan to make the change in the most efficient manner possible. The idea of INTJs making a significant change of direction in a heartbeat may just reflect our attitude of detachment, even from issues that affect us personally. We will not hold on for sentimental reasons, and will not spare our own feelings once we are convinced that a change is needed.

INTJs are certainly decisive, but as Ni-doms, our greater strength is the ability to completely reorient our perspective on a dime. This internal adaptability enables us to see solutions no one thought of, or often to see that we are trying to solve the wrong problem. It is classic INTJ behavior to question the goal at hand while everyone else is caught up in debating how best to reach it.

This depends on an individual's balance between perseverance and the kind of intuitive adaptability mentioned above. INTJs tend to be patient and persistent, and unlikely to give up when our first attempt at something does not succeed. I personally have learned, though, that when my best efforts do not bring about the desired results, I need to reexamine my goals. Just how many approaches I will try depends on how quickly I can cycle through them, how urgent or significant the need is, and other circumstances.

To (over)simplify: INTJ adaptablilty is primarily mental. It is almost instantaneous on this level, but converting it into action is a deliberate process, and much slower. SP adaptability seems much more instinctive. Action follows naturally, almost reflexively, which is much faster. Each type of adaptability lends itself to different situations.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTP

I want to be king