User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which type would make the best king? Why?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISTJ

2 2.86%
  • INTJ

13 18.57%
  • ENTJ

20 28.57%
  • ESTJ

7 10.00%
  • ISTP

3 4.29%
  • ISFP

3 4.29%
  • ESTP

3 4.29%
  • ESFP

3 4.29%
  • INFJ

14 20.00%
  • INFP

8 11.43%
  • ENFJ

17 24.29%
  • ESFJ

2 2.86%
  • INTP

7 10.00%
  • ENTP

6 8.57%
  • ENFP

7 10.00%
  • ISFJ

3 4.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 111920212223 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

It is Ni that is known for internal adaptability, and Ti and Si that are not.

Tbh, though, I don't really feel like discussing this topic.

Your definitions are too ambiguous.
    I was with you right up until you started beating off to your Ni fetish again, hun. Si is adaptable as well - it's a perception function and by sheer design therefore can vary in what information it is oriented to just as Ni does. The difference is in the type of information it is pulling in.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I honestly don't think that INTJs would make the best KING (citing Presidents seems pointless when being a King is a completely different political animal).
    And I honestly don't think this makes any sense, as the main difference between being a President and being a King is that a President needs to get elected and deal with the members of the legislature, neither of which are things INTJs would seem particularly suited to. Being a King is far more suited to an INTJ, because then they wouldn't have to deal with bullshit politicking, and could just work on doing the best job possible.

They are best in a role that is behind the scenes where they can have loads of power and control with few ever suspecting or realizing. Littlefinger is a great example of an INTJ working it.
    I haven't watched the show, but I do agree, they serve a pretty indispensable behind-the-scenes role.

One can easily imagine a Straussian narrative in which INTJs are pulling the strings of some puppet President.

In fact, that's more-or-less the entire narrative intellectuals, academia, and the Left used for the Bush Presidency.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post
    I was with you right up until you started beating off to your Ni fetish again, hun. Si is adaptable as well - it's a perception function and by sheer design therefore can vary in what information it is oriented to just as Ni does. The difference is in the type of information it is pulling in.
    You clearly misunderstand me.

Si's strength is not adaptability.

Its strength lies elsewhere.

No point in fooling yourself about that one.

See here: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-analysis.html

Fidelia, Aquarelle and Peguy types.

Anew Leaf

And I honestly don't think this makes any sense, as the main difference between being a President and being a King is that a President needs to get elected and deal with the members of the legislature, neither of which are things INTJs would seem particularly suited to. Being a King is far more suited to an INTJ, because then they wouldn't have to deal with bullshit politicking, and could just work on doing the best job possible.

I haven't watched the show, but I do agree, they serve a pretty indispensable behind-the-scenes role.

One can easily imagine a Straussian narrative in which INTJs are pulling the strings of some puppet President.

In fact, that's more-or-less the entire narrative intellectuals, academia, and the Left used for the Bush Presidency.

Your reasoning for why INTJs are the best make no sense either. All you are doing in this thread (as per usual) is trolling various members for whatever bizarre scheme you have concocted this week.

A King is not the same as a President. Kings were historically either born or paved their own way with blood and death. Most INTJs seem to prefer having all of the power without the responsibility attached to it. Since you keep citing American presidents, I think you can see that they were neither born into this job nor did they pave their way there with blood and death.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Being a King is far more suited to an INTJ, because then they wouldn't have to deal with bullshit politicking, and could just work on doing the best job possible.
    And yet, that's not true, with all of the scheming and politicking to maneuver for power, dethrone you, slit your throat behind your back kind of stuff.

Would you even see it coming? Just throw in a fast car / chariot, some gold, glitter and cleavage, and the INTJ's are done for.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    And yet, that's not true, with all of the scheming and politicking to maneuver for power, dethrone you, slit your throat behind your back kind of stuff.

Would you even see it coming? Just throw in a fast car / chariot, some gold, glitter and cleavage, and the INTJ's are done for.
    Or just toss a few ENFPs at them.

Hehe, same thing. NFPs have an abundance of fast cars, glitter, and cleavage.

MBTI
    STP

No, because what you said was stupid.

In fact, most of what you say is stupid.

Of all the posters on this board, I would say the amount of dumb posts you write per post written is among the very highest.

For two years now, I have just mostly ignored you, occasionally responding to some inane post of yours to point this out.

And, based on your lackluster response here, I see why you have always refrained from responding.

This is all extremely suspect.

And I would go so far as to say that the last sentence, at least for Ni-doms (maybe not Si-doms), should actually be in reverse.

It is Ni that is known for internal adaptability, and Ti and Si that are not.

Tbh, though, I don't really feel like discussing this topic.

Your definitions are too ambiguous.
    Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post
    @ _Poki_ 'Tis true, dude, needs the 'ol switcher-ooo.
    I would put my adaptability against an IJ any day of the week...blind folded. I take that as a compliment though, because I dont see myself as knowledgable for some strange reason Everyone around me does though...go figure.

I would not put my knowledge against an INTJ as I dont focus on knowledge or systems or any of that crap. I adapt real time, in the moment, continuously. I see a whole lot of INTJs along with ISTJs who get hung up on adapting way more then I do. Its a draw back of "Tertiary" Ti/Fi...it has even been mentioned about the Ni-Fi loop on here several times. The "reason" why Ti is better at adapting is because we dont ever stop analysing everything we take in in "real time". How often does Z get hung up on his ideas or his thoughts...as if he is "proving" something. It can actually be fun to do this to IJs and they get all worked up about it.

still laughing at the adaptable part.

ambiguos...as if MBTI is not in itself ambiguos
    Im out, its been fun