User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which type would make the best king? Why?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISTJ

2 2.86%
  • INTJ

13 18.57%
  • ENTJ

20 28.57%
  • ESTJ

7 10.00%
  • ISTP

3 4.29%
  • ISFP

3 4.29%
  • ESTP

3 4.29%
  • ESFP

3 4.29%
  • INFJ

14 20.00%
  • INFP

8 11.43%
  • ENFJ

17 24.29%
  • ESFJ

2 2.86%
  • INTP

7 10.00%
  • ENTP

6 8.57%
  • ENFP

7 10.00%
  • ISFJ

3 4.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 91718192021 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    I choose xSTP!!!!

/Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Does it really matter, toots?

You already voted for every kind other than NTJ just to fuck with the results.

Fuckin NFPs always screwing up polls...

Now now, calm that decidedly unkingly NTJ "intense and quick" temper. This NFP intentionally abstained from voting due to compunction over whether her inclinations were truly objective, fair and not self-serving.

Meanwhile in the NTJ camp, you attempted to utilize fear-mongering in order to sway the polls by decrying that voting for an NFJ was a vote for Hitler, all the while advocating eugenics in white font.

Why not just ISFP?

Or even ESFP?
    Because ESFP kings have a hunka hunka lot of love. They aren't Nero. They are Elvis. Hell, even the Burger King.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post
    Now now, calm that decidedly unkingly NTJ "intense and quick" temper.
    You're projecting your emotionality.

This NFP intentionally abstained from voting due to compunction over whether her inclinations were truly objective, fair and not self-serving.
    That is honorable.

Meanwhile in the NTJ camp, you attempted to utilize fear-mongering in order to sway the polls by decrying that voting for an NFJ was a vote for Hitler, all the while advocating eugenics in white font.
    So?

The two things are not comparable.

My system of eugenics would have nothing to do with race, sex, religion, or sexual orientation.

It would be entirely merit based. And it would be divided into two tiers:
    • Tier 1: your genes certainly shouldn't be passed along, but you're harmless to society. You are simply sterilized, but allowed to live your life and pursue your happiness.

• Tier 2: your genes certainly shouldn't be passed along, but you're harmful to society. You are just killed.

There would always be room for adjustments to the policy, in order to best serve society. For example, we might consider splitting tier 2 into two separate tiers, one for those who may still turn their lives around, and stop presenting a threat to society, and another for those who have proven themselves incorrigible. I'm sure some NF could convince me that such systemic mercy would be worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Because ESFP kings have a hunka hunka lot of love. They aren't Nero. They are Elvis. Hell, even the Burger King.

Ok, but why not ISFP...

Ok, but why not ISFP...
    I don't think they're that ambitious (not that they lack ambition.. just that they're not THAT ambitious). Nero and his mother both went to great means to secure his place. The fictional Commodus as well. Then to top it off, he killed his mother too, when she herself got in the way. He was way too power hungry to be ISFP.

I'd love to get a direct quote from the Greenlight wiki atm (Lenore Thomson based), but it's down. Needless it say, it's got one of the better Se descriptions around - and how it manifests in tertiary/inferior positions as well. Nero is an extreme version of that kind of drama and self-indulgence, imo. And not "party hard" SP indulgence, but ummm...Wagnerian indulgence (sorry if that sounds confusing. Can't think of a better way of putting it).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    It's good to see how well INTJs do in the field when their searing vision of the future hits a speedbump.
    We do quite well, thank you. The speedbump, on the other hand . . . history.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Wagnerian indulgence (sorry if that sounds confusing. Can't think of a better way of putting it).
    I've never heard it put that way, but I'm pretty sure (from experience and intuition) I know what you mean....

Now that I think of it... did you see the harem talk earlier?

I think you've actually changed my criteria for that...

The harem would be full of SFPs...

But the queen would be an NFP.

Yeah, that would work.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    @highlander: i request that parameters be set for this fantasy kingdom. what is going on politically with this country. is it a time of peace and prosperity or is nero burning rome and we need to rebuild a crumbling empire?

ty
    Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    You cant ask those types of questions. Its one king, one type...period. Come rain or shine
    I would say that the most important time for an INTJ would be either at the founding, or at a moment of crisis when everything needs to be overhauled. During other periods of history, other types could be just as good, if not better, to have as kings. I, personally, think Reagan was an ENFJ, and talk about the ability to bring peoples' spirits back after a really shitty decade-plus -- an INTJ couldn't really pull that one off. I think in bland moments of history, where nothing much is really happening, or at least society is functioning well, and nothing really needs to be overhauled, an ISTJ would actually make a great king. Frankly, if I could vote again, I'd probably add them in there, too. I'm amazed at how little love they're getting. Fucking George Washington and Dwight Eisenhower were ISTJs, and I don't know a single American with anything bad to say about them.
    I think Saturned's question is an excellent one. I suppose it is better left open ended however to consider some of these situations.

If you look at some of the great leaders in history, many of them were an ideal fit for their situation and time. George Washington was a great person to lend stability to a newly formed nation. Thomas Jefferson was an excellent person to be involved early on and set the direction (e.g. writing the Constitution). FDR , who one sources says was an ENTJ and another sources says he was an ESTP, was perfect for his time. Winston Churchill, an SP, was an ideal person to be the Prime Minister during WW2. Once the crisis was over, he wasn't as needed anymore.

I also agree with everything Z says in the above quote except that I'm not sure about Eisenhower. I've seen him referenced as an NT both online and in a book I've got - Presidential Temperament - written by David Kiersey and Ray Choiniere. It lists out the rational presidents as:
    John Adams
    Thomas Jefferson
    James Madison
    John Quincy Adams
    Abraham Lincoln
    Ulysses S. Grant
    Herbert Hoover
    Dwight Eisenhower

Speaking of which, Nero was probably an ENTJ, who sunk into his ISFP side. When it goes bad, it goes really bad.

Same thing with Commodus in the movie Gladiator.
    It should have been his sister who was king.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

I think this thread is not about which type makes a great leader, but which type makes a great king. There is a difference.

You don't need alot of intelligence to be a great king. All you need to do is tell everyone the divine right of kings, and execute anyone who disagree with you. If you had those qualities, you will make a good king.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by yenom View Post
    I think this thread is not about which type makes a great leader, but which type makes a great king. There is a difference.

You don't need alot of intelligence to be a great king. All you need to do is tell everyone the divine right of kings, and execute anyone who disagree with you. If you had those qualities, you will make a good king.
    And the straw that broke the camel's back was really me saying that this guy has no place to speak about other peoples' intelligence?