User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which type would make the best king? Why?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISTJ

2 2.86%
  • INTJ

13 18.57%
  • ENTJ

20 28.57%
  • ESTJ

7 10.00%
  • ISTP

3 4.29%
  • ISFP

3 4.29%
  • ESTP

3 4.29%
  • ESFP

3 4.29%
  • INFJ

14 20.00%
  • INFP

8 11.43%
  • ENFJ

17 24.29%
  • ESFJ

2 2.86%
  • INTP

7 10.00%
  • ENTP

6 8.57%
  • ENFP

7 10.00%
  • ISFJ

3 4.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Top Types So Far:

Winners So Far
    INFJ
    ENTJ
    INTJ
    ESTJ
    INTP

Losers so Far
    ISTP
    ISFP
    ESTP
    ESFP
    ESFJ
    ENTP
    ISFJ

Edit: removed those percentages. not sure why they copied in like that

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    ENFP - Can be a very inspiring leader. Understands the constituency and what they want. Flexible negotiator who is able to strike compromises. Bill Clinton is a good example of an effective ENFP leader.
    I could see the inspiring part, but I think they'd be best if left to their own devices rather than put in charge. Perhaps have them as a rhetorician (or court jester, that works too.)

ESTJ - They get people organized and get stuff done. Though not the most inspiring leaders, they clearly enjoy being in charge and are pretty effective in running a routine operation.
    Eh, this is the classic megalomaniac type, so no thanks. Also, they have a tendency to be pretty strict about whatever it is they believe in, so I think they're best if they're given some sort of political or military post where they can get shit done but still have to answer to someone else.

INTJ - Thinks about the big picture and all the component parts. Good transformational leader. Not as good at maintaining something that doesn't need to be changed.
    I don't really see this working out. I think they'd probably abdicate, which I'd expect from any of the IxTs (except maybe ISTJ.)

ENFJ - ?? don't get this
    ENFJ is a decisive In Charge type that's tempered by Fe. That means they'll not be weaklings, but they'll be compassionate and their power lust will be held back by their concern for humanity.

ENTJ - Probably have the greatest desire for power. Think they are better leaders than they are. Studies that I've seen of different types of leaders shows them to be no more effective than any other type. They were actually not rated towards the top.
    Yeah, ENTJs are glorified ESTPs. The megalomania would be even worse than with the ESTJ.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

xNFJ or a nice version of ENTJ.

ENTP for king's political consultant / right hand man. Oh, I forgot, kings need army leaders, not political consultants.

MBTI
    INTJ

I think the better question would be: which board member would make the best sovereign? (notice I didn't use "king" because that shit be sexist, yo).

I pledge my sword to ceecee. She seems to possess the necessary organizational skills along with the ability to lay the hammer down when need be, AND she's big on debauchery... a delicate equilibrium that is to be admired in any ruler.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

My opinion is that EJs are the ones that really want to run the show and not INTJs though they often end up in leadership roles (as ISTJs do as well).

Here is my logic for the three I voted for:

ENFP - Can be a very inspiring leader. Understands the constituency and what they want. Flexible negotiator who is able to strike compromises. Bill Clinton is a good example of an effective ENFP leader.

ESTJ - They get people organized and get stuff done. Though not the most inspiring leaders, they clearly enjoy being in charge and are pretty effective in running a routine operation.

INTJ - Thinks about the big picture and all the component parts. Good transformational leader. Not as good at maintaining something that doesn't need to be changed.

Ones I didn't pick:

ENFJ - ?? don't get this

ENTJ - Probably have the greatest desire for power. Think they are better leaders than they are. Studies that I've seen of different types of leaders shows them to be no more effective than any other type. They were actually not rated towards the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I could see the inspiring part, but I think they'd be best if left to their own devices rather than put in charge. Perhaps have them as a rhetorician (or court jester, that works too.)

Eh, this is the classic megalomaniac type, so no thanks. Also, they have a tendency to be pretty strict about whatever it is they believe in, so I think they're best if they're given some sort of political or military post where they can get shit done but still have to answer to someone else.

I don't really see this working out. I think they'd probably abdicate, which I'd expect from any of the IxTs (except maybe ISTJ.)

ENFJ is a decisive In Charge type that's tempered by Fe. That means they'll not be weaklings, but they'll be compassionate and their power lust will be held back by their concern for humanity.

Yeah, ENTJs are glorified ESTPs. The megalomania would be even worse than with the ESTJ.
    Look at the differences in terms of expressiveness and responsiveness. Expressivness is I/E and cooperative/utilitarian. It tells you how much a person likes to approach others in interaction. I/E is the basic social level, and C/U is about leadership. Responsiveness is people vs task focus. This is covered by either T/F or J/P (one will be the social level, and the other will be leadership). People/task tells you how much the person wants or will accept the presence or influence of others. It is marked by the meeting of "criteria"

So ENFP is expressive on the social level, cooperative in leadership, and people-focused in both areas. They're more about "inspiration" as you said, rather then domination. If their leadership temperament is a variation of NF known as the "Supine in Control", they may be a "loyal lieutenant" to the person or institution in charge, and appear to be dominating.

ESTJ is completely task focused, and expressive socially, yet cooperative. A dominating company man, following someone else's orders, as if they were his own.

INTJ reserved socially, but pragmatic in leadership. Completely task focused. Can be a silent, aloof dictator (Said to be "hard on others", and also themselves as well).

ENFJ expressive and task focused socially, but cooperative and people (diametric opposite) focused in leadership. May also possibly be Supine "lieutenant" following someone else's orders. Will on the surface be similar to ESTJ, but as was said, tempered by Fe.

ESTP - fully expressive, and socially, task focused, while in leadership, people-focused (think of their "showmanship"). Will be somewhat similar to the other "In Charge" types on the surface, but have less of a "serious" streak.

ENTJ - Completely expressive and task focused in both areas. (Hence, the ESTP "glorified" with that additional task-focus in leadership) plus the Will be more about their own ideas in leading than following anyone or anything else, hence, not being as effective as one would think.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

I'm not sure if you understood what I meant by xNTJ
    I'm sure I know what you mean.

Overuse of extroverted thinking instantly makes the IQ plunge.

Be prepared for your IQ to take a deep dive.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

As a king or queen, the challenge points for INFP would be being comfortable with exerting authority, and dealing with schemers - potential subterfuge. The first would be easier than the latter to learn.

INFP's don't necessarily reach for leadership - but if we need to step up, I think we can and do make good leaders. We're more inspirational than aspirational.

To be an effective leader, I do my best to compensate for my shortfalls by surrounding myself with people and tools that fill in my "gaps". Clear vision is essential, yet that would be true of anyone filling a leadership role.

With enneagram 3 in my tritype, it may make me more achievement / goal-oriented than your average INFP though.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I think the better question would be: which board member would make the best sovereign? (notice I didn't use "king" because that shit be sexist, yo).

I pledge my sword to ceecee. She seems to possess the necessary organizational skills along with the ability to lay the hammer down when need be, AND she's big on debauchery... a delicate equilibrium that is to be admired in any ruler.
    I wholeheartedly concur.

Ginkgo

Please say INFP please say INFP please say INFP

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

TBH, I would much prefer to be the power behind the throne than to sit on it myself. Far less distractions while doing the real work. An ESTJ amenable to reason would be a good public face of leadership. I have had such a relationship with some of my best bosses: I do the homework and lay out a solid Te-style case to them; they get on board and do the politics and implementation. Win-win.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...