User Tag List

View Poll Results: How did you arrive at a decision on your type?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Through taking a test (MBTI-certified or not)

5 10.42%
  • Through studying the cognitive processes (Fe, Ti, Se etc.)

3 6.25%
  • Through reading type descriptions

1 2.08%
  • A mixture of 1 & 2

0 0%
  • A mixture of 1 & 3

11 22.92%
  • A mixture of 2 & 3

3 6.25%
  • A mixture of all three

25 52.08%
First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Well, I initially took tests and got INTP, but later when I wanted to verify it I studied 2 and 3.

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Someone online told me she thought I was an INTP, and briefly told me what INTP meant. Then my college career counselor gave me the MBTI, and I came out INTP. *shrug*

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    INTP

I had to do a paper and pen MBTI test for work last year (it was a lot longer than the online ones, IIRC) and tested as INTP. I read up on it, did the usual 'OMG that's me, I'm not a freak after all' thing. I've since done some online tests and talked about it with a few people who know me well. (ISTP and INTJ were other possibilities when I thought about it a bit more)

I'm reasonably confident I'm INTP, but I'm open to other ideas.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    INTP

Started off with online tests, moved onto MBTI resources online and forums. For a while I was questioning whether or not I was an INFP, but after some reading on INFP's dominant function, meeting and spending a lot of time with my ENFP friend, I've realized that I just really don't relate to Fi.
    Then I thought maybe I'm a tame ENTP, just because my Ne can be pretty rampant at times, but the differences between myself and my ENTP friend are quite pronounced, mainly due to the fact that my Ti is more developed than his, and he relies on Ne more heavily than I do (even when I'm letting loose in social contexts I'm still quite deliberate with my words, for example).
    So, for now, I'm content with saying that I test as an INTP with a well developed secondary function.

MBTI
    ISTP

I took a test because I was bored, found the description of the result to be very accurate, and I started to look up a bit more on it.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I first took it when i was in therapy (it was certified) and i came out INFP, I took it again when i signed up for OKcupid a few years ago and came out as INFP again, and i was interested in finding out what it actually meant.

I've done a little bit of self doubting here and there, but i'm quite positive i am an INFP.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

I used all 3 to type me but I am only using 2 and 3 to type my husband as he won't do the test,I did the test for him I don't know how accurate that would be result INFP.INFP or ISFP by method 2 and 3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I picked "reading type descriptions" because I took the test online in some internet cafe, had no idea what my results "INTJ" meant, and then the next week we went over them as a group in the middle of nowhere (literally... like the nearest gas station was an hour away and the only white people we had seen in a day's drive were the ones that were in our group) so the only resource I had to figure stuff out with was the type descriptions the group leaders had on hand.
    I instantly and deeply identified with the INTJ description. Then I went around and made everyone in the group tell me their type, and I went and read up on their type, trying to figure out how to better relate to them. Then I came home and learned more through self-study when I had the resources.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    JIxT

Took test in health class. Did not bother to do more research on it.

Few months later I saw it come up somewhere "Praise Jebus, I found myself!!" and I went researching some more. Every test put me as INTJ with the N being slightly expressed. The N was ambiguous at times so I researched some more and found out that I was indeed InTJ.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

MBTI
    INTP

Everytime I take the test I get INTP, but a combination of 2, 3, and talking to ISTPs has led me to believe I'm ISTP.