User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 68

  1. #51
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Personally, I think it's more about scoring as ENTJ and then learning about all the compelling stereotypes.

  2. #52
    Senior Member MissMurder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    eSTP
    Socionics
    eSTp
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    That's dicked up. Scary!
    LOL!
    Power is the virtue that makes all other virtues possible.
    Youtube - Oversensitive Witches
    Scary Bedtime Prayer

  3. #53
    Babylon Candle Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,128

    Default

    Eye pictures seem to capture "intensity". those who know me IRL often describe me as intense

  4. #54
    filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    3,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Umm.. when is someone going to state the obvious.

    ENTJs are generally seen as agressive types in the online-stereotype community, so the notion is reinforced, agressive people identify as ENTJ even if they're not...creates an echo loop of misinformation that perpetuates the myth.

    As so often happens in these forums.

    DUH.
    The "obviousness" of a conclusion is a good clue for it to be, in fact, prematurely concluded.

    As stereotypes are, in general, concepts reserved for those others, less people are probably prone to type themselves by the stereotype than they are to type the others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #55
    Senior Member Gabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    The "obviousness" of a conclusion is a good clue for it to be, in fact, prematurely concluded.

    As stereotypes are, in general, concepts reserved for those others, less people are probably prone to type themselves by the stereotype than they are to type the others.
    Unless the stereotype is percieved by that person or other parties to be flattering.

    Or, like my friend in high school once said, "I'm Asian, therefor I'm just better at life".

    I suppose I could strike back about obvious conclusions with a pseudo-intellectual reference to occam's razor or something Seriously, the last thing I want to get into is one of those discussions.

    Who are you quoting at this point anyways?

  6. #56
    filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    3,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Unless the stereotype is percieved by that person or other parties to be flattering.

    Or, like my friend in high school once said, "I'm Asian, therefor I'm just better at life".

    I suppose I could strike back about obvious conclusions with a pseudo-intellectual reference to occam's razor or something Seriously, the last thing I want to get into is one of those discussions.

    Who are you quoting at this point anyways?
    I'm quoting myself and referring to you. Self-reinforcement may be a factor in self-typing, but it's far off from being the greatest factor. Paints an awfully lame picture of ENTJs. Suppose this is the picture you wanted to portray, so now we have your opinion but nothing more.

    The Razor doesn't include a mutually agreeable method to remove the redundant; it just provides an easy, personal stamp-of-approval for one's favorite theories - see, I've cut the redundant, now look what I've achieved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #57
    Senior Member Gabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I'm quoting myself and referring to you. Self-reinforcement may be a factor in self-typing, but it's far off from being the greatest factor. Paints an awfully lame picture of ENTJs. Suppose this is the picture you wanted to portray, so now we have your opinion but nothing more.

    The Razor doesn't include a mutually agreeable method to remove the redundant; it just provides an easy, personal stamp-of-approval for one's favorite theories - see, I've cut the redundant, now look what I've achieved.
    I don't delude myself for one second into believing that most people post on these forums with actual good information about their types.

    This is a problem about misinformation about the internet, and every type including ENTJs sometimes behave in ways that make themselves part of the problem. I'd bet that "self-reinforcing" is very often the greatest factor in typing, especially with people who are so obsessed with thier tough-guy avatars:rolli:

  8. #58
    filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    3,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    I don't delude myself for one second into believing that most people post on these forums with actual good information about their types.

    This is a problem about misinformation about the internet, and every type including ENTJs sometimes behave in ways that make themselves part of the problem. I'd bet that "self-reinforcing" is very often the greatest factor in typing, especially with people who are so obsessed with thier tough-guy avatars:rolli:
    Obsessed? Try casual :rolli:

    MBTI manuals, as I've understood, encourage for person to find a well-fitting type. I've seen no reason why ENTJs would be particularly prone to self-flattery, or why particular "clues" would be particularly bad when it comes to ENTJ. I've seen that many people have raised the ENTJ type as some antithesis to their existance, along with other ExxJ's.. so I see why it has gathered a kind of unneeded attention.

    Perhaps some people see ENTJ as a "I win" button. It's hard to stay clear of simplicities. Many of our members are not more than perhaps 15 years of age, 18.. 20? Perhaps we could lessen the unwanted influence of ENTJ by displaying what kind of winners the other types can be. I've always opposed the idea of J persisting and P bailing out, resulting in J winning and P losing :rolli:

    ENTJ and ENTP were pointed out as the most desired types, i.e. "want to be that type" in a MBTIc poll some time ago. I identified as ENTP back* then and feared how the biased view on the subject was unconstructive for proper typing. Perhaps we suffer some of that as ENTJs then. Still, there's the real ENTJ population, as there's real population of any type. Then there's people who've been trying to find their type for as long they've know about type, like me.

    Still, it's an unhelpful simplification to blurt out the things you do. Wouldn't you care to elaborate and offer a more balanced view before you communicate your ideas?

    *No, not a result of how a popular image that type had
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #59
    Junior Member Schrdinger's cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I don't see how my "joker" cat avatar could be considered aggressive. Unless there is an INFJ PETA activist lurking...come out, come out, wherever you are! ;> Also, I will rotate avatars from time to time. This one just seemed entertaining as Halloween is near. I will go back to something else later.

  10. #60
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    You know, if it helps, the gorilla in Santtu's avatar doesn't look 'aggressive.' Powerful, perhaps, but not aggressive.

    If you notice, he's smiling at you.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTJ] Need ENTJ, ESTJ and ISFJ for Enneagram and MBTI Survey
    By Katherine8 in forum Myers-Briggs Type Profiles
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2015, 06:18 AM
  2. [NT] I/ENTJ Men and Intimate Relationships
    By Tigerlily in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 07-28-2014, 06:43 PM
  3. [ENTJ] entj`s and helmet hair
    By jcloudz in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-16-2013, 12:28 PM
  4. [ENTJ] ENTJ's and Ni?
    By INTPness in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-29-2010, 02:58 PM
  5. [ENTJ] A question regarding ENTJ men and relationship boundaries
    By LadyJaye in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 05:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO