First 4567 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Personally, I think it's more about scoring as ENTJ and then learning about all the compelling stereotypes.

MBTI
    eSTP
    Socionics
    eSTp

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    That's dicked up. Scary!
    LOL!
    Power is the virtue that makes all other virtues possible.
    Youtube - Oversensitive Witches
    Scary Bedtime Prayer

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Eye pictures seem to capture "intensity". those who know me IRL often describe me as intense

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Umm.. when is someone going to state the obvious.

ENTJs are generally seen as agressive types in the online-stereotype community, so the notion is reinforced, agressive people identify as ENTJ even if they're not...creates an echo loop of misinformation that perpetuates the myth.

As so often happens in these forums.

DUH.
    The "obviousness" of a conclusion is a good clue for it to be, in fact, prematurely concluded.

As stereotypes are, in general, concepts reserved for those others, less people are probably prone to type themselves by the stereotype than they are to type the others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    The "obviousness" of a conclusion is a good clue for it to be, in fact, prematurely concluded.

As stereotypes are, in general, concepts reserved for those others, less people are probably prone to type themselves by the stereotype than they are to type the others.
    Unless the stereotype is percieved by that person or other parties to be flattering.

Or, like my friend in high school once said, "I'm Asian, therefor I'm just better at life".

I suppose I could strike back about obvious conclusions with a pseudo-intellectual reference to occam's razor or something Seriously, the last thing I want to get into is one of those discussions.

Who are you quoting at this point anyways?

MBTI
    ENTJ

Unless the stereotype is percieved by that person or other parties to be flattering.

Or, like my friend in high school once said, "I'm Asian, therefor I'm just better at life".

I suppose I could strike back about obvious conclusions with a pseudo-intellectual reference to occam's razor or something Seriously, the last thing I want to get into is one of those discussions.

Who are you quoting at this point anyways?
    I'm quoting myself and referring to you. Self-reinforcement may be a factor in self-typing, but it's far off from being the greatest factor. Paints an awfully lame picture of ENTJs. Suppose this is the picture you wanted to portray, so now we have your opinion but nothing more.

The Razor doesn't include a mutually agreeable method to remove the redundant; it just provides an easy, personal stamp-of-approval for one's favorite theories - see, I've cut the redundant, now look what I've achieved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I'm quoting myself and referring to you. Self-reinforcement may be a factor in self-typing, but it's far off from being the greatest factor. Paints an awfully lame picture of ENTJs. Suppose this is the picture you wanted to portray, so now we have your opinion but nothing more.

The Razor doesn't include a mutually agreeable method to remove the redundant; it just provides an easy, personal stamp-of-approval for one's favorite theories - see, I've cut the redundant, now look what I've achieved.
    I don't delude myself for one second into believing that most people post on these forums with actual good information about their types.

This is a problem about misinformation about the internet, and every type including ENTJs sometimes behave in ways that make themselves part of the problem. I'd bet that "self-reinforcing" is very often the greatest factor in typing, especially with people who are so obsessed with thier tough-guy avatars:rolli:

MBTI
    ENTJ

I don't delude myself for one second into believing that most people post on these forums with actual good information about their types.

This is a problem about misinformation about the internet, and every type including ENTJs sometimes behave in ways that make themselves part of the problem. I'd bet that "self-reinforcing" is very often the greatest factor in typing, especially with people who are so obsessed with thier tough-guy avatars:rolli:
    Obsessed? Try casual :rolli:

MBTI manuals, as I've understood, encourage for person to find a well-fitting type. I've seen no reason why ENTJs would be particularly prone to self-flattery, or why particular "clues" would be particularly bad when it comes to ENTJ. I've seen that many people have raised the ENTJ type as some antithesis to their existance, along with other ExxJ's.. so I see why it has gathered a kind of unneeded attention.

Perhaps some people see ENTJ as a "I win" button. It's hard to stay clear of simplicities. Many of our members are not more than perhaps 15 years of age, 18.. 20? Perhaps we could lessen the unwanted influence of ENTJ by displaying what kind of winners the other types can be. I've always opposed the idea of J persisting and P bailing out, resulting in J winning and P losing :rolli:

ENTJ and ENTP were pointed out as the most desired types, i.e. "want to be that type" in a MBTIc poll some time ago. I identified as ENTP back* then and feared how the biased view on the subject was unconstructive for proper typing. Perhaps we suffer some of that as ENTJs then. Still, there's the real ENTJ population, as there's real population of any type. Then there's people who've been trying to find their type for as long they've know about type, like me.

Still, it's an unhelpful simplification to blurt out the things you do. Wouldn't you care to elaborate and offer a more balanced view before you communicate your ideas?

*No, not a result of how a popular image that type had
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ

I don't see how my "joker" cat avatar could be considered aggressive. Unless there is an INFJ PETA activist lurking...come out, come out, wherever you are! ;> Also, I will rotate avatars from time to time. This one just seemed entertaining as Halloween is near. I will go back to something else later.

MBTI
    ENFJ

You know, if it helps, the gorilla in Santtu's avatar doesn't look 'aggressive.' Powerful, perhaps, but not aggressive.

If you notice, he's smiling at you.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge