• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stormfront MBTI or Why are INTJs so Racist?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTJs who believe this stuff probably just do a better job of making a coherent case for it, while other types will look like irrational flakes or crackpots.

Yeah, in other types, there's usually some kind of conspiracy theory stuff with a strong reality-denying component. There's a tendency to throw out anything that does not meet the theories, and it can often be be absurdly obvious that someone is doing this.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I know three close INTJs. All three of them are racists, though all three of them are the most 'helpful' balanced, hardworking, just people I know. (Not towards any particular skin tone, just the people belonging to particular ethnicities.)

[MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] have you noticed racist tendencies in INTJs. If so do you think you know why.

No I am NOT saying you are one.

:D

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
Not sure if I buy this. It's just that racism is so irrational... it's been scientifically discredited in a number of studies. Most actual INTJs would realize this (or so I'd think).

Jung thought Ni types were the objectively stupidest group dismmissable by rational thinkers who value things like science and statistics.

But what did he know

(Si types not so far behind, he classified both to be similar in some regard)

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Jung thought Ni types were the objectively stupidest group dismmissable by rational thinkers who value things like science and statistics.

But what did he know

(Si types not so far behind, he classified both to be similar in some regard)

What's so bad if ones values science?

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know three close INTJs. All three of them are racists, though all three of them are the most 'helpful' balanced, hardworking, just people I know. (Not towards any particular skin tone, just the people belonging to particular ethnicities.)

[MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] have you noticed racist tendencies in INTJs. If so do you think you know why.

No I am NOT saying you are one.

:D

Hahahahah!

Review your INTJs and see if they are "culturalists" as opposed to "racists". Racism is stupid as it is very unreliable. But if someone is from a particular culture, you can predict a LOT of behavior without knowing very much about them.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Hahahahah!

Review your INTJs and see if they are "culturalists" as opposed to "racists". Racism is stupid as it is very unreliable. But if someone is from a particular culture, you can predict a LOT of behavior without knowing very much about them.

What's the difference between that and racial stereotyping?

It's a whole new word for me.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What's the difference between that and racial stereotyping?

It's a whole new word for me.

You Google-Fu is weak, young one. Culturalist - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

In simplest terms, are they judging people based on their upbringing, or on their actual race? And what kind of judgments are they making? As a side note, are they bigoted about it or do they make thoughtful statements? Do they whine and complain about people of other races, or do they observe patterns and behavior more or less objectively?

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't believe there's eight pages of this.

Racism is one of the most irrational things there is. To any and all racist INTJs out there: Your INTJ card is hereby revoked. Don't worry, you're being issued this card instead.
im_sorry_youre_stupid_greeting_cards-r8e6740048823424299016e87907bb11c_xvuat_8byvr_512.jpg

C.J.Woolf

respect the brick
MBTI Type
INTP
Racism is one of the most irrational things there is.

Yes, and all humans are more irrational than rational. This can be hard for those of us who value reason to admit.

I think racism is an output of one of the sub-rational parts of our brain, which is to say that even the best of us might have the occasional involuntary racist thought. Just don't let racist thoughts become racist actions.

To any and all racist INTJs out there: Your INTJ card is hereby revoked. Don't worry, you're being issued this card instead.
im_sorry_youre_stupid_greeting_cards-r8e6740048823424299016e87907bb11c_xvuat_8byvr_512.jpg

INTJs are good at rationalizing stuff. :D

Bknight

Lost in the Multiverse
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't believe there's eight pages of this.

Racism is one of the most irrational things there is. To any and all racist INTJs out there: Your INTJ card is hereby revoked.

Damn right! :newwink:

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Racism today is like witchcraft in the Middle-Ages: it's an accusation that allows people to burn you at the stake without having to prove anything.

Cygnus

Racism today is like witchcraft in the Middle-Ages: it's an accusation that allows people to burn you at the stake without having to prove anything.

Agreed.

It's funny how people express their attitudes on racism in this thread. At its core, the reason racism is "bad" isn't because it's "illogical."
Logic doesn't have a "right or wrong." Logic has what is, and what isn't. If this were the 40s, racism would be what "is," and everybody would be defending it to the extent people abhor it today.
The issue with racism is that it's unethical, plain and simple.

It's about social context more than anything. If someone's a racist and that's a problem, the issue isn't that they're being stupid, it's that they're being a jerk. Of course all the people around here who so fervently claim to obey "no law but the law of teh Lojicks" will try to rationalize jerks as being inherently intellectually inferior to them, and while in the case of racism this is often the case, Logic isn't the reason racism is unfavorable.

Many illogical people are dicks, but a highly logical person could also be a dick if the conditions were right. So, an INTJ has the same potential for being a racist as other types do.

This whole thread wreaks of self-righteousness. Dickish people aren't stupid. You attribute behavior you don't like to stupidity.

Hanlon's Razor says you should never attribute to malice what is easily explained by stupidity, but this has only caused people to wrongly interpret malice as stupidity.

And it's funny how often people highlight "nonconformity" in INTJs as if it's a blindness to all outside systems of rationality. INTJs are blind to social sytems of hierarchy in social relations and power dynamics as defined by Fe because they're Fe-PoLR. They will, however, take every opportunity to conform to extrinsic systems of logic as defined by Te. So when the INTJs come in here and say "I hate racism because it's illogical," congratulations, you're professing your conformity to external systems of collective logic as defined by the majority. No shit you hate racism. Racism isn't a logical policy of the Establishment anymore. It's a policy of certain people and communities as defined by Fe, but so were many parts of the anti-racism movements.

Folks, I'm in no way trying to imply I appreciate or condone racism. I make every effort I can to personally be as small of an ethnocentrist as I can. I'm one of the many glad that the system's been officially altered to discourage this kind of thing, because I likely wouldn't be able to move towards there on my own.

But these are the MBTI facts and they don't lie.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^That seems true, from a certain point of view.

I would argue that being blind to systems of hierarchy is a good thing. How can prejudice exist if someone does so?

Racism is based on fear. Social systems based on racism arose because of fear.

i'd argue that it is certainly possible to combine rationality and ethics, provided that the rationality takes emotions into account.

I'd ask why you think that racism came to be something we discourage.