User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

This thread has to be seen to be believed.
    Likes JjJot liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I can't believe there's eight pages of this.

Racism is one of the most irrational things there is. To any and all racist INTJs out there: Your INTJ card is hereby revoked. Don't worry, you're being issued this card instead.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Studmuffin23 View Post
    This thread has to be seen to be believed.
    I can't believe someone necro'ed it.

(Thanks Obama.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Racism is one of the most irrational things there is.
    Yes, and all humans are more irrational than rational. This can be hard for those of us who value reason to admit.

I think racism is an output of one of the sub-rational parts of our brain, which is to say that even the best of us might have the occasional involuntary racist thought. Just don't let racist thoughts become racist actions.

To any and all racist INTJs out there: Your INTJ card is hereby revoked. Don't worry, you're being issued this card instead.
    INTJs are good at rationalizing stuff.
    Likes Julius_Van_Der_Beak liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I can't believe there's eight pages of this.

Racism is one of the most irrational things there is. To any and all racist INTJs out there: Your INTJ card is hereby revoked.
    Damn right!

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

So did anybody noticed the one ESFP?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

edit

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Racism today is like witchcraft in the Middle-Ages: it's an accusation that allows people to burn you at the stake without having to prove anything.
    Likes Cygnus liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Studmuffin23 View Post
    Racism today is like witchcraft in the Middle-Ages: it's an accusation that allows people to burn you at the stake without having to prove anything.
    Agreed.

It's funny how people express their attitudes on racism in this thread. At its core, the reason racism is "bad" isn't because it's "illogical."
    Logic doesn't have a "right or wrong." Logic has what is, and what isn't. If this were the 40s, racism would be what "is," and everybody would be defending it to the extent people abhor it today.
    The issue with racism is that it's unethical, plain and simple.

It's about social context more than anything. If someone's a racist and that's a problem, the issue isn't that they're being stupid, it's that they're being a jerk. Of course all the people around here who so fervently claim to obey "no law but the law of teh Lojicks" will try to rationalize jerks as being inherently intellectually inferior to them, and while in the case of racism this is often the case, Logic isn't the reason racism is unfavorable.

Many illogical people are dicks, but a highly logical person could also be a dick if the conditions were right. So, an INTJ has the same potential for being a racist as other types do.

This whole thread wreaks of self-righteousness. Dickish people aren't stupid. You attribute behavior you don't like to stupidity.

Hanlon's Razor says you should never attribute to malice what is easily explained by stupidity, but this has only caused people to wrongly interpret malice as stupidity.

And it's funny how often people highlight "nonconformity" in INTJs as if it's a blindness to all outside systems of rationality. INTJs are blind to social sytems of hierarchy in social relations and power dynamics as defined by Fe because they're Fe-PoLR. They will, however, take every opportunity to conform to extrinsic systems of logic as defined by Te. So when the INTJs come in here and say "I hate racism because it's illogical," congratulations, you're professing your conformity to external systems of collective logic as defined by the majority. No shit you hate racism. Racism isn't a logical policy of the Establishment anymore. It's a policy of certain people and communities as defined by Fe, but so were many parts of the anti-racism movements.

Folks, I'm in no way trying to imply I appreciate or condone racism. I make every effort I can to personally be as small of an ethnocentrist as I can. I'm one of the many glad that the system's been officially altered to discourage this kind of thing, because I likely wouldn't be able to move towards there on my own.

But these are the MBTI facts and they don't lie.
    Likes Studmuffin23 liked this post

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

^That seems true, from a certain point of view.

I would argue that being blind to systems of hierarchy is a good thing. How can prejudice exist if someone does so?

Racism is based on fear. Social systems based on racism arose because of fear.

i'd argue that it is certainly possible to combine rationality and ethics, provided that the rationality takes emotions into account.

I'd ask why you think that racism came to be something we discourage.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78