• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTP (The Inventor)

Britta

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I recently took the MBTI test and discovered I am an ENTP. I read over the descriptions and was disappointed to see how little it described me. Any info on ENTPs in general? I'm also a 3w4. How likely is it that you can be a ENTP and a 3w4, since the both seem to clash?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Getting a type from myers briggs type indicator doesent determine your type, it simply indicates towards the most possible type according to how you answered the questions(and there are many different biases that can make you answer the questions "incorrectly" and cause the indicator to show a wrong type). In the early days of MBTI, you had a professional to go throught the results and explaining what all of it means to help you determine wether the type fits for you or not, today its mostly forgotten as it costs money and you cant really get that with free internet tests. Just something every newcomer should know about MBTI.

Also those type deacriptions only describe the stereotypical person of that type, in the real world we are all more or less different from that.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always thought 3 was common for ENTP's, along with 6 & 7 (and also some 5's and 8's).

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTPs seem most commonly 7w8 or 7w6, with a handful of 3w4's.

What didn't fit you?

G

garbage

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that like every character that Robert Downey Jr. plays in every single movie he's in is an ENTP 3 (possibly 3w4).

Thinkist

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm also a 3w4. How likely is it that you can be a ENTP and a 3w4, since the both seem to clash?

They don't clash at all. In fact it's not uncommon for ENTPs to be a 3 (most likely 3w4), or an 8 (most likely 8w7). 7 comes next. I gathered data from http://pstypes.blogspot.com/ a while ago and ENTPs ended up ranking higher in 3 and 8 than 7.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Most common ENTP E-types I've seen people identify as are 7 followed by 3 and 8, with 6 getting a fair placing.