User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Default Against My Better Judgement

I really don't know where this should go. Mods, if this is in the wrong place, please move it.

Against my better judgement, instead of doing classwork in class today, I drew. This is what ended up happening, anthropomorphized graphic representation of the 8 Jungian functions.

In alphabetical order:

Now, with that out of the way, people consistently insist that INTJs and INTPs are a lot alike, when they're completely different. I've taken the liberty of making a diagram of the differences between INTJs and INTPs:

And that should likely clear up any indecision about the two hereafter.

Well, probably not, but I can dream, can't I?

MBTI
    INFP

Wow that is amazing. Your definitions helped me.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

What creative awesomeness!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    JIxT

I admire your time effort and artistic ability. Your definitions clarified some of my thoughts. *Notice difference in responses between me and above*
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

You actually put this in terms my artsy 13 year old finds interesting and comprehensible.

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENFJ

Yours may be substantially different, but Cafe's still means the most to me, lol. It makes me go "Yay, all this effort wasn't in vain!"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Those are interesting, but it's hard for me to see myself in those... I'm not dismissing your descriptions, but I'm slightly confused. If anyone would care to compare their perception of my personality to those descriptions, I'd be grateful because it's hard for me to see my general characteristics (rather than my specific behaviors) clearly, and not look at these descriptions in relation to what I've already heard about functions...

They don't fit descriptions of people who use those functions that I've heard from others, although they do match with the official descriptions to a considerable degree.

For instance, other people's descriptions of Si imply a strong sense of right/wrong and unyielding nature (which is your Fi description), and a habit of comparing things to an ideal situation, and being overconfident and unable to explain their reasoning (which is your Ni description).

However, official MBTI descriptions are closer to your interpretation of Si.

Now I'm unsure how to decide which is more valuable/true. I haven't met enough people who use different functions, nor have I had a way to determine with any degree of certainty what functions people are using (as functions are rarely if ever associated with specific behaviors rather than interpreted traits that cannot be verified).

MBTI
    OMNi

Wow, those are some excellent descriptions. I really can see the Ni, Fe, Ti, and Se coming together to define me. And I'm jealous of the art. Very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INFP

Given that it is a judging function, I found the Fe descriptor to be off the mark.

cheers,
    Ian

MBTI
    istp

You're a demon with a pencil, happy.
    No offense.