• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Against My Better Judgement

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I really don't know where this should go. Mods, if this is in the wrong place, please move it.

Against my better judgement, instead of doing classwork in class today, I drew. This is what ended up happening, anthropomorphized graphic representation of the 8 Jungian functions. :doh:

In alphabetical order:

feiy1.png

fiof4.png

nevf7.png

nipu0.png

seud6.png

sidt1.png

tebl8.png

tihn9.png

Now, with that out of the way, people consistently insist that INTJs and INTPs are a lot alike, when they're completely different. I've taken the liberty of making a diagram of the differences between INTJs and INTPs:

intjintpdifferenceie8.png

And that should likely clear up any indecision about the two hereafter.

Well, probably not, but I can dream, can't I?

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
I admire your time effort and artistic ability. Your definitions clarified some of my thoughts. *Notice difference in responses between me and above*

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
You actually put this in terms my artsy 13 year old finds interesting and comprehensible.

:nice:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Yours may be substantially different, but Cafe's still means the most to me, lol. It makes me go "Yay, all this effort wasn't in vain!"

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Those are interesting, but it's hard for me to see myself in those... I'm not dismissing your descriptions, but I'm slightly confused. If anyone would care to compare their perception of my personality to those descriptions, I'd be grateful because it's hard for me to see my general characteristics (rather than my specific behaviors) clearly, and not look at these descriptions in relation to what I've already heard about functions...

They don't fit descriptions of people who use those functions that I've heard from others, although they do match with the official descriptions to a considerable degree.

For instance, other people's descriptions of Si imply a strong sense of right/wrong and unyielding nature (which is your Fi description), and a habit of comparing things to an ideal situation, and being overconfident and unable to explain their reasoning (which is your Ni description).

However, official MBTI descriptions are closer to your interpretation of Si.

Now I'm unsure how to decide which is more valuable/true. I haven't met enough people who use different functions, nor have I had a way to determine with any degree of certainty what functions people are using (as functions are rarely if ever associated with specific behaviors rather than interpreted traits that cannot be verified).

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Wow, those are some excellent descriptions. I really can see the Ni, Fe, Ti, and Se coming together to define me. And I'm jealous of the art. Very nice.

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Given that it is a judging function, I found the Fe descriptor to be off the mark.

cheers,
Ian

nemo

Enneagram
<3
Nice, nice, nice. :yes:

I thought all the descriptions were pretty on the mark too.

Cool!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Those are interesting, but it's hard for me to see myself in those... I'm not dismissing your descriptions, but I'm slightly confused. If anyone would care to compare their perception of my personality to those descriptions, I'd be grateful because it's hard for me to see my general characteristics (rather than my specific behaviors) clearly, and not look at these descriptions in relation to what I've already heard about functions...

They don't fit descriptions of people who use those functions that I've heard from others, although they do match with the official descriptions to a considerable degree.

For instance, other people's descriptions of Si imply a strong sense of right/wrong and unyielding nature (which is your Fi description), and a habit of comparing things to an ideal situation, and being overconfident and unable to explain their reasoning (which is your Ni description).

However, official MBTI descriptions are closer to your interpretation of Si.

Now I'm unsure how to decide which is more valuable/true. I haven't met enough people who use different functions, nor have I had a way to determine with any degree of certainty what functions people are using (as functions are rarely if ever associated with specific behaviors rather than interpreted traits that cannot be verified).

Well, Si uses previous experience to do have this value of right and wrong and be overconfident and unable to explain reasoning. The values are ingrained in the libraries and the libraries are inherently subjective and gives the appearance of conclusions from nowhere. My understanding is that the difference between Si and Ni is that Si draws from idealizing the past to create a picture of what should be, and Ni draws a picture of an idealized future to create a picture of what should be. Si and Ni are more similar than people give credit for, but I didn't want to crowd the pictures.

The corresponding types are all pretty similar. (as in Ne and Se, Fi and Ti, etc) but it's not usually described as such and more described as the way I decided to do it because I was bored. Ne and Se are both very similar, but while Se works with what's actually there, Ne immediately explodes with what's there and why. Si would say 'that's not how it was before,' and Ni would say 'that doesn't belong!'

Because Ni and Si go ahead and decide and attach stigma to things, they're more likely to be subjective -- however, because they are able to see a straight line from what is there to what should be there, they have a much easier time being easily decisive, which makes someone a "J" and not a "P". "J" and "P" aren't functions, but it does mean that Ni or Si are one of the dominant/auxillary functions.

Given that it is a judging function, I found the Fe descriptor to be off the mark.

cheers,
Ian

To be honest, I had no idea what I was doing when I did Fe. :blush:

Well, I know that Fe is 'harmonizing' while Te is 'directing.' That's about it.

Nadir

Enigma
MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
Nice work... this reminded me of the skill/perk descriptors in Fallout. Certainly you have talent as showcased above, and I do wish I had some of that myself. Very creative, although the descriptions (understandably so for a boredom-doodle) seem little more than regurgitations of existing ones.

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
1. You draw a mean cartoon.

2. The cartoons look great as embodiments of the functions (especially Se; you really nailed that one).

3. The descriptions are accurate and easy to understand.

4. The collections of functions for INTP and INTJ made me laugh because they are so true.

In summation: You should write and illustrate a guide to MBTI using that style. Kids can understand it, and adults will be amused by it.
I seriously think that your work here would be worth good money. Do consider capitalizing on it.
(I would buy a copy.)

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Ooh! Ooh!

Do the difference between INFP and INFJ!

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Very nice depiction of functions Hap. :yes:

The image of Ni dominant INTJ somehow scares me... It brings to my mind the blind racing off into disaster while pulling the rest along. :ninja:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Ooh! Ooh!

Do the difference between INFP and INFJ!

Maybe once my poor judgement kicks in again...

Very nice depiction of functions Hap. :yes:

The image of Ni dominant INTJ somehow scares me... It brings to my mind the blind racing off into disaster while pulling the rest along. :ninja:

Well, you just have to trust domNi, he knows what he's doing. Usually...

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Okay, more poor judgement.

Sorry I didn't do any INFP versus INFJ, but I did include INFJ this time.

But firstly, in glorious color, dom Ni conspiring with auxillary Te:
niteconspireww8.png

Nextly, I have a short explanation of tertiary functions and their use, with poor tertiary Ti as the victim, a.k.a. 'harrass the nerd.'
tertiarydx6.png

I may do the INFP versus INFJ later. Any other requests?