• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

SJs and Farmville

Mia.

I have several SJs in my life who are obsessed with Farmville on Facebook. My suspicion is that the majority of individuals - not all... please don't go off on me for a generalization - playing Farmville are SJs. Just wanted everyone's thoughts - am I right, or are there just as many other types obsessed with Farmville? It's such a detailed, structured, routinized, collection and inventory-oriented game that it seems to make SJs' loins quiver.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haha. One of my favorite people, an ESTJ, kept sending me invites or whatever they are, for Farmville. He loves it.

My ex is an ESFJ. I could see him drooling over it.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A lot of people I know are SJ's, and I get all these Farmville requests (and other similar FB games). Seems to be something people who like to sit home on the computer a lot (and are not into abstract discussions such as on this forum) like doing. (I don't really spend a lot of time on FB, just post news, and check up on what others are doing).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It only seems so because so many people in this world are SJs. I (NT) played FV for over a year, my SP wife also (she only needed neighbors and told me I didn't have to play the game, but I did on the basis of using harvesting software to cheat with).

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Cheating on Farmville; now that's what I call being smart.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cheating on Farmville; now that's what I call being smart.

I bought a Farmville manager program, and seeing how that one worked I soon decided to create one of my own.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It doesn't require extensive knowledge of coding. I just used a program that creates programs. Then every time the farm was upgraded I had to tinker with the code to deal with a resized farm and things like that.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I obviously can't speak for other SJs, but I dislike Farmville. :shrug: Part of it, I think, comes from growing up somewhere with a lot of countryside (w/ranches and farms, though mostly ranches, to be fair), and so if there's any "exotic" appeal to Farmville, it does not exist with me.

Facebook games, in general, put me off, because they're such a time-suck with so little gratification. They're like the sidequests of video games, that you don't savor, but make yourself get through, in order to keep playing the part of the game that you enjoy.

Of all the people I know who play a lot of Facebook games (including Farmville), it seems like more of an FJ thing than a TJ thing, maybe. I know lots of INFJs who play Facebook games; my former roommate kept an imaginary fish tank, and my mom is obsessed with Bejeweled Blitz.

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't even have a Facebook account, and Farmville doesn't look fun.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't even have a Facebook account, and Farmville doesn't look fun.

It's eye candy. The farms are pretty and we (used to) build them based on our own personal likes and dislikes. And the up-leveling gives a feeling of accomplishment not based in reality, same as with any such game.