• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type that imitates other types?

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've noticed something about myself, that being that I begin to lean towards whatever type I think I am.

It's kind of hard to explain to be honest. It's like whenever I decide I am a certain type my personality changes a bit to align with the type. It's like I can't decide what type I am, and I just imitate whatever type I want.

I started out as an INTP, and as I decided I was an INTP my test results became more polarized towards that type. Then, when I decided I was INFP, my INTP results gradually softened out, and eventually became INFP, now I'm a somewhat polarized INFP... The only letter that doesn't seem to change like this seems to be E vs I. Though sometimes I act really E...

This doesn't even align with just the MBTI though, sometimes I just latch onto a way other people act and become more like them. I know this is probably more common, but it's true too.

Reading this over, it kind of sounds like a "What's my type" thread, but this is not my intention.
I was just wondering if this tendency aligns with any type in particular, and if anyone else does this.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It actually seems like an NFP trait. More room for relating to others, relating to descriptions, being subjective, seeing all the meanings and possible applications for cognitive functions/ types, lots of self reflection and analysis. It's easy to understand them but then it's hard to apply one truest answer. I think true Ti is more likely to solidify the answer because it's more objective and unbudgeable. (Spell check doesn't like that word apparently.)

G

Ginkgo

I've noticed something about myself, that being that I begin to lean towards whatever type I think I am.

It's kind of hard to explain to be honest. It's like whenever I decide I am a certain type my personality changes a bit to align with the type. It's like I can't decide what type I am, and I just imitate whatever type I want.

I started out as an INTP, and as I decided I was an INTP my test results became more polarized towards that type. Then, when I decided I was INFP, my INTP results gradually softened out, and eventually became INFP, now I'm a somewhat polarized INFP... The only letter that doesn't seem to change like this seems to be E vs I. Though sometimes I act really E...

This doesn't even align with just the MBTI though, sometimes I just latch onto a way other people act and become more like them. I know this is probably more common, but it's true too.

Reading this over, it kind of sounds like a "What's my type" thread, but this is not my intention.
I was just wondering if this tendency aligns with any type in particular, and if anyone else does this.

What I don't get is why your signature suggests you're unstable.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What I don't get is why your signature suggests you're unstable.

I can think of too many ways for that to be interpreted. And the fact that it is text, so I can't hear any inflections in your voice, doesn't help. Would you care to clarify?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Adapting yourself to an external idea is an extroverted attitude. Fi & Ti dom are usually very certain about who they are and what suits them and what doesn't.
I suggest Ne or Fe dom for you, just based on this.

Are you exploring possibilities of what type you might be to see what new aspects of yourself are found in the process or are you adjusting to what you think you should be in order to be consistent & create harmony with yourself and an external idea?

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Adapting yourself to an external idea is an extroverted attitude. Fi & Ti dom are usually very certain about who they are and what suits them and what doesn't.
I suggest Ne or Fe dom for you, just based on this.

Are you exploring possibilities of what type you might be to see what new aspects of yourself are found in the process or are you adjusting to what you think you should be in order to be consistent & create harmony with yourself and an external idea?

Harmony with myself and an external idea. I've kind of just given up on having a stable type though, I don't want this to be a type me thread. I really was just wondering if this tendency aligned with a certain type or function.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ne and Fe, like OrangeAppled said. they are "harmonizing" functions of sorts. Ne seeks connection on a conceptual level and Fe seeks it on an interpersonal level. TBH it wouldn't surprise me if you were a fellow ENFP, given your posts.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ne and Fe, like OrangeAppled said. they are "harmonizing" functions of sorts. Ne seeks connection on a conceptual level and Fe seeks it on an interpersonal level. TBH it wouldn't surprise me if you were a fellow ENFP, given your posts.

Ne is "harmonizing"? speak for yourself :laugh:
that being said, I think I see where you're coming from. Ne is a relating function and goes to work tying together similarities and differences

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

P types, especially NPs. Considering a bunch of different possibilities without settling on one. Seems like the J types are more likely to want true closure on it. Once they figure out their type less likely to reconsider it.

Enneagramwise, type 9 tends to see a bit of themselves in all of the types.