User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

I can't converse with anyone until they've taken the test. Hell i have to adapt my style of communication to the individual so not knowing if they are an S or N well, i'm screwed

More seriously .. No, it's not a big deal. I talk to S's and N's with ease IRL and enjoy the perspectives each give to the conversation.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    STP

Ii am curious about the reverse. People pinning someone as a sensor because of communication issues or vice versa.
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by Saslou View Post
    I can't converse with anyone until they've taken the test. Hell i have to adapt my style of communication to the individual so not knowing if they are an S or N well, i'm screwed
    I'm the same way. I actually carry a test with me at all times, and eagerly await their results so I know which words I can use when they speak to me.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    People pinning someone as a sensor because of communication issues or vice versa.
    I suspect this is happening a lot here, and it's usually a so-called N pegging someone as an S. Or, actually, a so-called N pegging someone else as an N because they have rapport. It's rarely, if ever, a self-proclaimed S pegging someone as N because they "speak too theoretically" or some such nonsense.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I suspect this is happening a lot here, and it's usually a so-called N pegging someone as an S. Or, actually, a so-called N pegging someone else as an N because they have rapport. It's rarely, if ever, a self-proclaimed S pegging someone as N because they "speak too theoretically" or some such nonsense.
    That should embarrass the Ns.

Common interests, humor, honesty. These are things that make for enjoyable conversation.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Common interests, humor, honesty. These are things that make for enjoyable conversation.
    I hate honesty and common intrests. That must be a S/N difference?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I will say most of my deep connections come from illustrious conversations with N's, but there is no denying the absolute rich instinct of an S's ability to live in the moment, uninhibited by imaginary doubt. Even ISFP's, with their Introverted-Perceiving attributes, still react heavily on their senses and are often known to be very good athletes. Sensors live a "practical" life and are more comfortable manipulating constituents than the big idea itself. So they certainly live closer to their word than we Intuitives do.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Porcelain Hearts View Post
    there is no denying the absolute rich instinct of an S's ability to live in the moment, uninhibited by imaginary doubt.
    Is it even possible to "live in the moment"? After all, as it takes a moment for our brains to process things, it may well be true that we experience things a fraction of a second later than they actually happened.
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    Is it even possible to "live in the moment"? After all, as it takes a moment for our brains to process things, it may well be true that we experience things a fraction of a second later than they actually happened.
    No I think it's what makes meditation a celebrated skill everyone could and should employ (types aside), to regain our focus and live life more delicately.