First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    Did you really use these examples on an MBTI forum with your ENFP type clearly visible?
    just making my type doubly obvious

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Sometimes I feel that Ns generalize S conversations to be about the weather, their children, work, partying, shopping, going to the gym, etc.

These people have never talked to a fun, intelligent ISxP. Or a thoughtful, quirky xSFJ.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Very interesting point of view to this subject. Topic never dying is always such an fascinating thing. People are continuint to talk and when you think the topic will be untouched for so long that it looks like its finally being burried, some newbie will find it and bring it up again. Then ofc there are other people who are new, changed their opinion or simply forgot that they posted on the topic and will keep it up for the next few weeks again, and you can only hope it would be left alone for long enough time that no one can find it, BUT there is again some newbie bumping the topic, usually just when you started to have some hope. After this shit goes on with multiple topics for years, you finally start to let go of your hope, but thats when it happen, a topic dies and tou get your hope back and can continue with your normal life without having to worry about topics dying.
    it's true! certain topics just get constantly zombied over time. it's almost comforting to see them?

i do feel like that says something about how significant they are, if they keep coming up. this N-S thing comes up frequently. i assume it's probably half major misunderstanding and half interesting truth.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I think that I tend to over-complicate things by over-thinking and on the whole, an S type is less likely to do so. So they can bring me back to fundamentals, which is wonderful.

Interesting conversations (or conversational trends) that I can think of with S types:

-One of my best friends, ISxJ - can talk for hours and hours with her about mutual acquaintances, world affairs, books, movies, travel... She gets a bit bored when I go on about poetry. I get a bit bored when she tells me about buying a new laundry machine. That's about it. We mostly understand each other fairly well and we're both interesting people. She's a bit more down to earth, I'm a bit more dramatic. We are quite similar in some other ways.

-ISTJ female friend who listens to my frustrations about a difficult mutual acquaintance and offers practical suggestions. ESTJ male friend who does something similar, with a bit more of I'm-a-man-so-I-will-be-gallant-and-help-you-out, which I have to admit I quite enjoy.

-ISTP male friend who has a weird and slightly juvenile sense of humour, cool, nice guy, laid back. We were both ex-pats from the same country so we used to chat about common cultural references and have a laugh, and occasionally cheer each other up a bit.

I could think of more examples if I had more time. If I had all NF/NT friends I'd probably go nuts. I get lost in the windmills of my mind enough as it is. Other Ns are not always that good at dragging me out - in some cases they could be, but in many cases they could drag me farther in.

Appreciate everyone good in your life, regardless of type. Take them as friends (or whatever) first, later see if you can figure out types and think about whether things can be tweaked for the better on that basis.
    @ first sentence - me too. thanks for the examples, i was curious about stuff like that especially

Quote Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
    I That's what conversation is, MBTI is a classification of flavour, just like saltiness and bitterness, sure it doesn't perfectly define the ultimately greyscale universe, but neither does saltiness and nobody has had any problems with that. It's been said before, people come in all sorts of flavours, just like cashews, onions and bananas. The only time when conversation sucks is when it's onesided, or there is nothing new to share.
    i like this

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    it's true! certain topics just get constantly zombied over time. it's almost comforting to see them?

i do feel like that says something about how significant they are, if they keep coming up. this N-S thing comes up frequently. i assume it's probably half major misunderstanding and half interesting truth.
    Yep, but you know i was just Ne rambling for the heck of it

But you are right about that showing the significance of those topics that refuse to die, but sometimes topics should just die because they feed stereotypes or give false image of something.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Yep, but you know i was just Ne rambling for the heck of it

But you are right about that showing the significance of those topics that refuse to die, but sometimes topics should just die because they feed stereotypes or give false image of something.
    i know. i know Ne rambling when i see it!

but as usual with Ne rambling, you had truthful insights anyway.

i figure that even if it's the same topic over and over it doesn't mean there can't be new realizations. but yeah, certain ones should just get lost.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i know. i know Ne rambling when i see it!

but as usual with Ne rambling, you had truthful insights anyway.

i figure that even if it's the same topic over and over it doesn't mean there can't be new realizations. but yeah, certain ones should just get lost.
    I dont really see it as insight what i was rambling about, i had just woken up and was trying to ramble as much as possible about, well nothing really..

Anyways you should really check this out:

Part1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlHjmopMx8o
    part2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjqUMhSxmQ8
    Part3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhVY-c-w0gQ

Hardcore INTP Ne rambling on the part 3 second scene if i remember right
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Permabanned

Well you could see it like that too, but if you think it as S brains processing details instead of big picture, so there wont be no big picture perception most the time at all, so its not really a sacrifice thats being made, its just that S brains are wired to process detail, so is it an sacrifice anymore or just a different path on early development?

But if you think it in terms of personal development, like some S person in his 20's noticing that he needs to start paying more attention to big picture, then he has to sacrifice details for big picture. But if its about single thought being processed, then i dont see any sacrifice, but a preference.

Btw josh homme is the god of rock
    There is big picture perception for S types it's just not seen as often as an N type. Same with N types details are less seen and the bigger picture is more clear it's absurd to say one is completely blind to the other. There is strength and weakness in both and there is a trade off because of preference, brain wiring etc. A big misconception is that "n" types are "smarter" then "s" types which is not the case at all both types have their strengths and weaknesses. It's definitely not black and white though.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Yeah. I always think of strong S who has binoculars stuck on their face while strong N has an unzoomable panoramic camera stuck on their face. Both are going to trip or bump into things. Kind of off topic, oh well.
    I think S types really have to experience something to believe it. I know for myself I have to test the boots(I'll say boots because it's winter ) before I buy it. This is good because I know the boots will be conformable because I took the time to try it on. An N type might see a pair of boots online that fit his size foot well and buy it. The problem is he never tried it on and it might be uncomfortable even though the specs on the boots were suppose to be of fit.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I think S types really have to experience something to believe it. I know for myself I have to test the boots(I'll say boots because it's winter ) before I buy it. This is good because I know the boots will be conformable because I took the time to try it on. An N type might see a pair of boots online that fit his size foot well and buy it. The problem is he never tried it on and it might be uncomfortable even though the specs on the boots were suppose to be of fit.
    I think your description of N types describes a Ni type more than a Ne type.
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    There is big picture perception for S types it's just not seen as often as an N type. Same with N types details are less seen and the bigger picture is more clear it's absurd to say one is completely blind to the other. There is strength and weakness in both and there is a trade off because of preference, brain wiring etc. A big misconception is that "n" types are "smarter" then "s" types which is not the case at all both types have their strengths and weaknesses. It's definitely not black and white though.
    People usually have 10 fingers. Now you might wonder why i said something like that, well your reaponce is similar to this, what you said doesent have much to do with what i said and what you said is obvious to me.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Permabanned

People usually have 10 fingers. Now you might wonder why i said something like that, well your reaponce is similar to this, what you said doesent have much to do with what i said and what you said is obvious to me.
    What you said seemed obvious to me as well you didn't really elaborate on your idea so I just gave a response according to what you said.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    I think your description of N types describes a Ni type more than a Ne type.
    no