User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Why doesn't god prove he exists? He ran around promoting his image god knows how many years ago. SO why not now?
    Why are you asking me? Ask God.

I ask you for logical proof because I wish to see your logical reasoning for god.
    I refer you to my first post in this thread.

Also, I did read the posts. All 14 pages (as of yesterday).
    I don't believe you.

So you are flexible in your belief, but you won't stop believing if presented with evidence that the bible is a crock of?
    I have sufficient assurance. I've already explained where that comes from. There's also sufficient tangible evidence to prove the Bible is accurate, to satisfy me. Did you watch the Noah Ark video? That's one of many interesting discoveries. Have you even read the Bible?

Does flexible merely mean you are ready to change your exact opinion on god, but you will maintain, no matter what, that he exists?
    I have no doubt God exists. What part of that don't you understand?? It's a faith based personal decision. The Bible is logical. Read it.

I am not sure (and again, I read your posts) what you mean by you are certain in your belief of god, but you are flexible.
    I am flexible to learning new things and understanding what I don't currently understand. As an ENTP, that should be very clear to you.

Someone clarified this (an assumption you appeared to deem correct) and you were certain at that moment in time in god.
    It's not an assumption. It's a fact.

How is it logical to assert god exists?
    How is it logical to assert God does not exist after one has read the Bible and received the Holy Spirit? Not only does the Bible logically make sense to many people, there is also a physical experience just as the Bible describes. I can't make you understand what you are not willing to understand.

The first step is to read the Bible.

What information am I lacking?
    For heaven's sake. Read the Bible. It's logical.

I have been relentless in my answers in these realms. I am probably more spiritual than you are religious.
    You're the second person that's said that. Do I look I'm trying to compete with you guys on this topic? I'm not. This is a personal thing. -pats you on the back-

I read them all. I don't care if you agree or not. In fact, I want you to disagree, and tell me (with logic) how you know god exists.
    Why does everyone cling to me? I'm not the only believer in this thread.

I've stated more than once that you would have to read the Bible for yourself to fully understand me. I'm bored with this.

I'm unsure of how that determines the validity of Zeus. My point is, nowadays, if someone asserts Zeus is real, people will look at them like they are nuts. Saying "I feel his presence" is not an argument.
    I wouldn't look at them like they're nuts. It's none of my business what someone's personal beliefs are.

I am saying to break it down, not to tell me it is rational for no reason.
    There's too much to it. I've already highlighted some key points with scripture throughout the thread That's the most I'm willing to do for someone that hasn't read the Bible. It's like you're asking me to teach you Calculus and make it make sense to you in one post. It's not going to happen. You're going to have to study.

I'm saying that you are not right on the grounds of you feeling something.
    Thanks, but the Holy Spirit is not a feeling. I've already explained that point. A physical experience is a physical experience.

MBTI
    INTP

AAAaaargh, I sometimes hate this particular topic.

Nice points @Nerd Girl
    "It's never enough." The Cure

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Because you came into a thread, making claims and then not backing them up on your own two feet.
    I gave my interpretations in simple language and backed them up with scripture. That's the best I can do. Take it or leave it. The Bible is where my faith comes from. The Bible is logical to me. I'm not the only logical thinker that accepts it as truth.

Even if you believe in the Bible and that it is God's inspired word, don't you think it's up to you to communicate what sense you make of it, rather than fall back on the lethargic circular reasoning exercised oh-so liberally within the fundamentalist community?
    I do believe the Bible is God's word, I've stated that multiple times. AND I'm the only Christian in this thread bold enough to go beyond claims and communicate my interpretation of the Bible with the supporting scripture as people ask me questions. It's as if you also didn't read my posts and try to accurately understand me.

Your post is not a fair and accurate assessment of me at all! Disappointing.

(I'm not a member of a church or a denomination; as I've already stated. Not sure where you're getting fundamentalist community from. I joked around with a fellow ENTP months ago in another thread about being a fundie, but I am not. I'm not sure what a fundamentalist is to tell you the truth.)
    Last edited by A window to the soul; 02-09-2012 at 03:36 AM.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    You're a liar. I backed up my claims with scripture. That's the best I can do. Take it or leave it. The Bible is where my faith comes from.
    Saying that the Bible is true because it is true is circular. Not that that's inherently a flaw (all premises are basically circular). It's a flaw, in this case, because if the Bible contains contradictions, then you leave no room to choose what seems more reasonable out of everything it says. Nor do you have room to discard what is unreasonable (even if empirical evidence slaps you in the face and tells you otherwise).

Ginkgo

You're a liar. I backed up my claims with scripture. That's the best I can do. Take it or leave it. The Bible is where my faith comes from.

I'm the only Christian in this thread bold enough to go beyond claims and communicate my interpretation of the Bible. I'm not a member of a church or a denomination; I've already stated that.
    Do you believe that all things in the Bible are literally true?
    ps- being ignorant =/= lying. I am a liar though and have been ever since I first lied.

A window to the soul

Do you believe that all things in the Bible are literally true?
    ps- being ignorant =/= lying. I am a liar though and have been ever since I first lied.
    Saying that the Bible is true because it is true is circular. Not that that's inherently a flaw (all premises are basically circular). It's a flaw, in this case, because if the Bible contains contradictions, then you leave no room to choose what seems more reasonable out of everything it says. Nor do you have room to discard what is unreasonable (even if empirical evidence slaps you in the face and tells you otherwise).
    You haven't read my posts. You're talking points were already addressed.

End of discussion with you...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Why me?

G-o-o-g-l-e.
    I want you to explain your beliefs. I don't want someone else to explain to me its logic.

I want you to explain how you know it is logical.

My questions are not silly or insulting. One must ask these questions in order to discern the truth, no?
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Ginkgo

You haven't read my posts. You're talking points were already addressed.

End of discussion with you...
    AH! Then I suppose I shall read them and challenge you again.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    I want you to explain your beliefs. I don't want someone else to explain to me its logic.

I want you to explain how you know it is logical.

My questions are not silly or insulting. One must ask these questions in order to discern the truth, no?
    FAITH IS A PERSONAL CHOICE.
    I JESUS.

I hope that's finally clear. Thanks for understanding.

Ginkgo

FAITH IS A PERSONAL CHOICE.
    I CHOOSE JESUS.
    Guess what? I agree with you entirely on that. I think most people would agree with that. But the insinuation is that you don't want to be challenged.

You still have yet to say whether you believe the Bible is 100%, literally true; that isn't so hard, now is it? Especially for someone with faith.