User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Describe the Types of your dearest friends!

Do you make friends easily? Are there certain types you gravitate towards or do you keep a diverse group of friends? What do you like/not like about them?

Some acquaintances of mine consider me their friend but the feeling is not always mutual. I try to avoid the baggage of acquaintances, although it can't be helped when you're at school or work with the same people; deleting my facebook definitely eradicated such "casual" friendships. To me, if you're a friend, you're likely considered a close friend of mine. An exception being if they're in that awkward category where I find them interesting but they have romantic motives and I don't (platonic relationships are few and far in between, I regret to say).

Though I only have a couple friends, everything I'm interested in have to do with people so I do in fact yearn for more friendships. I think that explains why I trust so easily, but luck doesn't always show it works out. I go for quality over quantity.

All your friends are different so what pattern is the existing trait between them all?

• They get my humour because I can come off overconfident.
      They are honest with themselves.
      They are able to adapt to different situations.
      They experience change and welcome new information.
      They have a good heart and are generous people.
      Their good nature stretch beyond themselves, want to see my success, and don't hold back criticism.

To give you a scope of what types I have kinship with...

ISTJ female - Not the best conversationalist but she's trustworthy, reliable, and the most loyal in any given situation. She doesn't exactly fit in my social group of artists, but I've known her the longest and I give her credit for the openness most STJs lack.

INFP male - Archaic romanticist with fixed values for as long as he could remember. His values are not based on tradition but a firm logical understanding of human relationships. I have the most engrossing discussions with him about virtue, love, and morality.

INFP female - Not surprisingly, we are a lot alike. We find the most ground to talk about psychological and social patterns in people. She's curious, playful, extremely generous, and super loving. We have a healthy, open foundation to support each of our endeavors.

ENFP male - Loyal and like the brother I never had, always recommending the most exciting ideas to try. Like dragging me into a surprise road trip to Niagara Falls. He's the most active of all my friends; together we jam (he's a bassist), do yoga, paint, and dance.

INTJ female - Discovered the ying to my yang and formed a unique bond in college. We exercise our wit to see who can make the most jokes. We communicate through really dry sarcasm that my F counterparts would likely be vulnerable with. Delightful storyteller to boot.

The most theoretical of my friends are the INFP male and INTJ female, however I've come to realise the distinction between the two. The NT presents a theory objectively to augment upon, while the NF presents a theory to reflect the values of his own. Types aside, I subject the most growth and knowledge from these two friends.

Please, discuss the dynamic between your friends (or enemies, if you prefer).
    Last edited by Porcelain Hearts; 01-21-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

INFP 6w7 Sp/Sx: extremely sweet, comforting, relaxing to be around. sometimes he gets a little paranoid and needs a little encouragement, but I'm happy to give him that. for all his self doubt, he is actually extremely strong and resilient despite coming from an abusive background. his demeanor is like a teddy bear that gets scared and needs to cuddle sometimes.

INTJ 8w7 Sp/Sx: tough as nails, and I don't mean just physically. he's been self sufficient since 18, working 50 hours a week and trying to start a business all at the same time. probably the strongest, most independent person I will ever meet. extremely intelligent, has to do everything his way (and suffers for it, knowing full well that he will). he gets bored unless everything is constantly changing and grasps the core issues of things immediately
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

The things nearly all my friends have in common are that we are geeks and gamers of some sort (board games, computer games, role playing games etc). The Enneagram types are just my best guess or most probably types.

I only have four friends I consider to be close to (in the sense that I feel I can talk about just about anything with them - I judge closeness on trust and openness rather than time I spend with them)
    INFJ Female - Probably Enneagram 1, 4, or 5 - very artistic, very organized
    INFJ Male - Enneagram 5 - the sage/counselor type (Obiwan comes to mind)
    ESxP Male - Enneagram 7w6 or 6w7 - Very adventurous, spontaneous and unpredictable but kind and caring
    ISFJ Female - Enneagram 1, 2, 6 or 9 - Practical, kind, caring, and calm.

I have a lot of more casual (but still good friends) that are ENxPs and a few IxTPs and a couple INTJs.
    One interesting thing is that I can't think of any of my friends that I would type as INFP, ENTJ, or ESTJ and I have only one friend I would type as ExFJ (unsure of her N/S preference). I think I have at least one good casual friend of each of the other types.
    (keys2cognition) Fi (47.6), Ne (36.8), Fe (36.8), Si (31.6), Ti (29.7), Ni (27.4), Te (17.2) Se (12.5) - subject to change - last updated 11JAN2012
    * Making consicious effort to improve my Fe...
    My Johari window
    My Nohari window

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

ISTJ male: we met in the service, and have known each other for years. He is one of the most responsible, considerate, and fundamentally honorable people I know, as well as a founding member of the RPG group my SO and I run. He is a wonderful conversationalist, especially on science, history, and current events. Our conversations are much more fact-based than those I have with N friends, which are more speculative and hypothetical. He is also one of the classic "nice guys" who never hooked up with the right woman. (He does seem to suffer from the lack of confidence described on the "Nice guys/assholes" thread.)

ENTJ female: we met at a seminar, fell to talking, and realized we shared some common interests like gaming and music. She joined our RPG group, and we have also performed together. She is very well-travelled and culturally sophisticated, and our conversations fly across vast territory. She is one of the few people with whom I can engage in a no-holds-barred debate without generating hard feelings or upset.

Likely INTP male: we met at work, and quickly fell into a habit of amicable needling and sarcasm that others hilariously mistook for animosity. He also joined our RPG group. He is extraordinarly open-minded and willing to entertain even the most bizarre notion. Our conversations are much more mellow than those with the ENTJ. He moved away a couple years ago, however, so only rarely have a chance to get together now.

Mystery female (possibly INTP?): we met in grad school and really, she defies typing. She comes from India, and works as an engineer. She is very sociable, but content to be a homebody much of the time. She enjoys discussing ideas, but has a tremendous capacity to enjoy and live in the moment. She, too, lives some distance away now. When we visit, we often spend our time going places and doing things. She teaches me Indian recipes, and I help her with her garden.

What do they have in common? All but the ENTJ are in technical fields, and she is in finance. All are likely Ts. I have met all of them through work. All but the last have been involved in gaming. All are well-read, well-educated, well-spoken, willing to entertain diverse ideas, and take an active interest in the world around them.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

ENFP female - My best friend since kindergarten. She's sweet and really into the 50s/60s culture. Our senses of humor mesh quite well and we generally have a good rapport. I sometimes like to have adventures and she's the first person I call. Lately, she has actually been getting on my nerves (dating guys who are way too old for her and all in all, growing up too fast, and I fear she's gonna get herself into trouble), but if I were to be married tomorrow, she would be my best maid.

INTJ female- We dated briefly in high school (two years ago) but decided together that we were better as friends. She is really smart and gets me from an intellectual standpoint. I can trust her with anything and she can trust me. We spend hours discussing philosophy, politics, religion, sociology, and the like. She keeps me grounded and I keep her afloat.

ESFJ female- We sort of dated this last summer (kinda complicated), but we have been very close friends for a few years. She's bright, sunny, enthusiastic, and occasionally suicidal. Her feelings on things are extremely black and white. She seems to be stumbling through life at a high speed and I often help to keep her on her feet.

ENTP (probably) male- He's smart and funny and shares many of my interests. We play music, D&D, and drugs together. We're not as close as I am to my female friends, but we have fun.

ESTJ (probably) male- He's also smart and funny and shares my interests. Very competitive, and successful in competitions. He's actually won some national competitions in scrabble. We play music, D&D, and drugs together with the ENTP.

INFJ (I asked her today and I had guessed correctly) female- She rooms with my ENFP friend and as such, we have become quite close. She's interesting. Been through some tragedies, and came out surprisingly okay. Enthusiastic but thinks things through and has well thought out opinions on things. Highly addictive personality. She started smoking weed around thanksgiving and has missed about 5 days total since then.

INTP (perhaps) male- We get along great with really quirky senses of humor. We're attracted to the same sorts of activities. We've played board games, duets on the recorder, and jammed with the ukulele (me), melodica (him), and foot drumming. We exchange clearly wild theories of how things work. He's really laid back and just a genuinely strange guy.

My friends are varied and I'm never completely sure of their types. They are unique individuals, which both makes it difficult to type them, and is the only quality that absolutely must be present in a person for me to call him/her my friend.
    Last edited by Xyk; 01-21-2012 at 10:43 PM.
    MBTI: INTP (PNIT if you wanna put it in order of strength.)
    Socionics: INTp
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: (usually) Very Liberal
    Religious Stance: (roughly) Secular Humanist
    Class: Wizard
    Stereotype: Geek/Hippie

Also, credit for my new avatar goes to this person. I found it on the google.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy
    INTJ 8w7 Sp/Sx: tough as nails, and I don't mean just physically. he's been self sufficient since 18, working 50 hours a week and trying to start a business all at the same time. probably the strongest, most independent person I will ever meet. extremely intelligent, has to do everything his way (and suffers for it, knowing full well that he will). he gets bored unless everything is constantly changing and grasps the core issues of things immediately
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    INTJ female- We dated briefly in high school (two years ago) but decided together that we were better as friends. She is really smart and gets me from an intellectual standpoint. I can trust her with anything and she can trust me. We spend hours discussing philosophy, politics, religion, sociology, and the like. She keeps me grounded and I keep her afloat.
    I love my INTJ friend for keeping me grounded too. She's an accomplished and empowering woman that also relates to those independent qualities of moving out once she turned 18 and has an enviable power of will running through her veins. My friend's a bit psychotic at times (it's all a part of the creative process) and the mind of a Rational without faith can be chaotic, which is why I assume our relationship is quite balanced where I serve as a moral compass for her.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    What do they have in common? All but the ENTJ are in technical fields, and she is in finance. All are likely Ts. I have met all of them through work. All but the last have been involved in gaming. All are well-read, well-educated, well-spoken, willing to entertain diverse ideas, and take an active interest in the world around them.
    I think the key word is active interest in the world... this could be just me, but if I can predict what they'll say next or if they run out of things I can learn from, I get bored and it's an indicator of a dying relationship for me. I admire your group of friends for seemingly being cultured because that's also probably one of the biggest things I look for in friendships. They have to be constantly changing and aware of the big picture because I adopt a more fuller perspective of life as I age and I don't have time to worry about trivial, material things. It leads me to take some people for granted; those who are dutiful in following and applying guidelines, not so much entertaining ideas. This is the area I should be learning from most, yet I find it so mundane.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I'm friends with 2 people.

sx/sp e19 intj: funny, provocative, contrary, attempts to reject social constructs, insanely precise writer

sp/so e54 intp: unusual combination of intensity coupled with openness to change, kind but 100% solitary, musician

Other so/sp e54 mbti thinkers fill in the blanks.

thinking of you

SingSmileShine

I have four best friends in the whole world and I love them all to death. Well, I do count my parents (ENFJ mom/ISFP dad) and brother (xxFJ) as dearest friends. But, other than them:

ENFP female: My No. 1 closest friend. Known her since kindergarten She's my type, so we naturally bond! Her P is slightly questionable, but she's a P, I believe. She's literally the most fun-loving and excitable person I've ever met. She always keeps me entertained and I have never met a funnier human being in my life. Together, we like to go to the mall, walk around the town, and overall just have a fun time. I can be loud, obnoxious, fun, and crazy around her more easily because she actually acts the same way, unlike some of my Introverted friends. We're five-year-olds together and she is also the best listener in the world. Because we're both such good talkers and listeners, we can talk for hours upon end without stopping. We both have active imaginations and wild things to try, and both of us help each other put them into action. However, we both have the tendency to get a little out of hand and put plans through action that don't look too great in hindsight. Either way, we bring out the best in each other - she's such a great person!

ESTP male: My No. 2 closest friend. Known him since fifth grade. Questionable E, but he's far too outgoing and sociable when he's in a good mood and towards people he likes to be an I. He is alwaysalwaysalways making me laugh. He has a wonderful sense of humor and we're able to bond over our strong political and moral views which we often share. He's one of the best listeners and extremely sentimental, though this doesn't show much at face value and opens up a bit more once he's with someone he cares about. He has a very sarcastic, dry, political sense of humor, which never fails to make me laugh. He's also, at the same time, extremely goofy. He's always doing something stupid or silly that he knows will get a rise out of people, and he always succeeds! He's a wonderful person.

ENFP female: My No. 3 closest friend. Known her since freshman year of high school. She is extremely clingy and emotional, and really needs to know that she has friends. She is the nicest, funnest, most ditzy person I have ever met, and I love her to death for that. She and I have often been in us-against-the-world situations. She's one of the most genuine people I have ever met, and we kind of share the let's-not-apply-ourselves-too-much-if-we-don't-have-to view of life. She and I discuss morality quite frequently, and we're always able to tell each other absolutely everything. She's always got a smile on her face, and, when she cries, you just want to punch whoever made such a sweet person cry. Love her!

ISFJ male: My No. 4 closest friend. Known him since sophomore year of high school. I love him to death. He's probably one of the people on this list I genuinely feel the most wonderful around, other than my first ENFP friend. He is one of the sweetest people ever, but somewhat hard to get to know. He's always smiling when he's around me - we're such genuinely good friends that get along better than anyone. I always tell him my crazy stories about my life and my wacky theories and crazy speculations and random babblings and noticings, and he always finds them so outrageous when I find them somewhat normal (after all, I am an ENFP)! I really open up my silly-switch side around him - he's just so accepting of that, and that's why he likes me so much. He's generally the most wonderful person ever, and he's always willing to listen to me and hang out with me and we respond so well to each other's comments. He's such a sweet guy!

And those are my closest friends. (:
    Last edited by SingSmileShine; 01-22-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

This is difficult because a lot of the ones I really connected with I drifted apart from them mainly because of physical distance. I will write about both so as to not limit the sample pool.

Current good friends

INTJ male: Funny, sarcastic, irreverent, incredibly intelligent (a genuine genius), interesting, nerdy, kind, generous, moral, secure in himself. We share similar interests and I have also adopted (or made an effort to include myself in) the ones he has that differ to mine. I don't talk about the things I like that he doesn't take an interest in and these differences are the main downside to the relationship. That and the lack of talk about emotional matters.

ENFP female: Funny, easy-going, smart, ditsy, silly at times, very domestic (in terms of food and entertaining others), girly, kind, thoughtful, unassuming. This friend is married to the INTJ and, being a psychologist, she serves my more people based interests well. She's always a pretty patient, understanding and is a good listener - not that I share anything of real depth with her.

ISFP female: Fun, sweet, easy-going, warm, anxious, self-doubting, daydreamy, kind, generous, disorganised, demure, so full of love and always searching for meaning. Seems to wander along plucking inspiration and ideas as they float by, in the form of her surroundings. The only person I actually talk about real feelings with at the moment because she is among the few people that are able to 'get' them. She is too idealistic in her view of me and it makes me feel like a fraud sometimes.

Other much adored friends I've lost contact with:

INFJ male: a curious and intelligent adventurer, who is effortlessly likeable and manages to be so deeply confident in himself without ever venturing into arrogance.

ENFP female: an open, quirky, playful and self-deprecating girl, with a quick wit and immense charisma.

IXFX male: such a romantic soul and an all round nice guy, with a great sense of humour.

XNFP female: an unconventional, intelligent girl who is not ashamed to be herself or speak her mind, with very amusing results.

ENTP female: a bold, outspoken, smart and fun girl that has such a sense of adventure and never fails to make me laugh.

ISFJ female: a quiet, and domestic young mother but is always a open and patient listener; an old high school friend I have less in common with but whose company I enjoy.

Qualities that they all seem to possess:
    - Openness and are non-judgemental
    - Curiousity and desire to learn and explore
    - Kindness and a concern for others
    - Sense of humour
    - An appreciation for arts, culture and nature (to some extent)
    - Above average intelligence (although I'd hate to say I'm biased against those that aren't - it is an unconscious gravitation toward such people)
    - Are keen on observation and in depth discussion
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte