• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NTs Rock

Mia.

This might be a bit obnoxious in terms of a thread, but I've had two beers (I rarely imbibe, so that's a lot :p ) so I'll go ahead and post any way. I have to say that NTs are consummately awesome and I enjoy them so much! I love their intellect and direct communication style (I'm one of those somewhat infrequent NFs - at least according to the common literature - who doesn't mind and has fun with debate). Given that I only know two in real life, I'd like to know more, since the two I do know are among my closest friends. Any NTs out there I'd love to hear all about you!

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We need more threads like this one.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We need more INFPs like this one. Perhaps more beer as well.

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We need more threads saying "SJs are awesome!" Especially for the SFJs. They get an unimaginable amount of hate that truly isn't deserved (tip: your mother IS NOT like a coworker or a friend of that same type).

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
We need more threads saying "SJs are awesome!" Especially for the SFJs. They get an unimaginable amount of hate that truly isn't deserved (tip: your mother IS NOT like a coworker or a friend of that same type).

Why?

Mia.

I love SJs as well! So much so that I married one (ESTJ). My mother-in-law is an ESFJ and she is a dear. My brother is an ISFJ and one of the most selfless and ethical people I know. My aunt is an ISTJ and is a tireless servant with amazing organization skills. I have many, many SJs in my life that I appreciate and love. I only posted a thread dedicated to and in search of NTs because I have a deficiency of them in my life, considering the two I do know (INTJ and INTP) enhance it so much. There are a LOT less of them out there and they are much harder to find - thus my search turned to the interweb. Thanks to those who responded! :D Maybe in order to get you guys to talk more I should post a myspace survey or something. It helps to ask an actual question other than "tell me about yourself".....lame Mia, lame.

pickledoctopus

MBTI Type
InTj

Is it me, or are you really good at promoting your SJ on every forum you post in? Because it sure seems like it :D

Yes, NT's are awesome. I will volunteer that Sj,s are awesome in their own way as well.

Not very stereotypically INTJ-like of me, but everyone has their strengths and weaknesses and everyone has something that can be appreciated.

However, I will contend that in social situations, I function much more smoothly with other NT people, at least in the sense that many of us have similarly-minded interests.

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is it me, or are you really good at promoting your SJ on every forum you post in? Because it sure seems like it :D

Doesn't every type like to toot their own horn a little?

It's just that larger quantities of N types online means more people who can toot their own horn with means more threads promoting Ns.

Mia.

However, I will contend that in social situations, I function much more smoothly with other NT people, at least in the sense that many of us have similarly-minded interests.

Although I can get along with any type, I find the same thing, only I would expand it to include all N types. I do however, have some interests that aren't always shared by my fellow NFs, especially female NFs, such as comic books, sci-fi, science, and debate (I love NFs - heck, I am an NF - but they are the WORST to try to have a purely objective, idea-focused and concept-oriented discussion/disagreement with. I don't find debating with SPs and SJs, and especially NTs, to have the same emotionally-charged and manipulative quality to it. They either cry "offended" when confronted with analogies that they find distasteful or facts they don't like [cry "offense" as a way to move the issue from the realm of objective to personal as a way to illegitimately shut examination of the issue down] or they get angry or merely quit the discussion if you point out logical fallacies they are engaging in ["whatever... I guess we'll just agree to disagree." AHHH!!! Drives me nuts. I agree feelings and values are important.... they are what drives everything I do.... but if they are really indicating solid ground - i.e. truth - one should be able to also back them up with logic and facts...end vent.]

All that to say, sometimes only an NT will do. :p