12 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default Dreaming and Type

Are the dreams you have (or if you don't have any) related to type?

I (INTP) think I always dream the same as my daydreams X 1000. If I think too much about Star Trek during the day then I will probably envision some kind of sci-fi scenario in my dreams that night. And those dreams can be very solid and plot-driven, like a movie. But I can dream about a lot of things, and sometimes they concern my real life and not fantasy worlds. Some of them are wish-fulfillment fantasies, while others revolve around anxious thoughts.

My ISFP wife says that she doesn't dream. But then she reports to me a dream that was extremely anxiety-laden, so that suggests to me that she only remembers the powerful ones. And those always revolve around relationship issues.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

I rarely dream, and I think I'm an INFP.

When I do dream, its usually one about something that has been occupying my conscious mind a lot, not something completely random.
    (Though it could be that I just don't remember most of my dreams when I get up. )

My dreams are pretty random and unpredictable and they usually don't make much sense. Their plots tend to be short and simplistic and sometimes nonexistent, like for example I'm wandering around and see lots of random stuff and nothing really happens. Or I start out having some kind goal and then I forget about it and nothing really happens. I think my dreams change too quickly, so the plot usually doesn't get developed enough.

garbage

Many of my dreams are realistic enough to be jarring, waking up and wondering whether they actually happened. Some aren't, like that one that I had about being in Pink Floyd (who I'm not very familiar with at all), none of us knowing how to play instruments, and me being the only one who saw a problem when it was almost showtime (the rest of the members were apathetic and just got high).

I'd think that dreams are connected to a thing our subconscious is trying to solve; if it's got a correlation with anything, it's with the Enneagram.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    I rarely dream, and I think I'm an INFP.

When I do dream, its usually one about something that has been occupying my conscious mind a lot, not something completely random.
    (Though it could be that I just don't remember most of my dreams when I get up. )
    Yes, and that is just related to focusing more on real life and less on fantasies. You don't care about dreams as much as reality which holds your attention and takes more of your energy.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Many of my dreams are realistic enough to be jarring, waking up and wondering whether they actually happened. Some aren't, like that one that I had about being in Pink Floyd (who I'm not very familiar with at all), none of us knowing how to play instruments, and me being the only one who saw a problem when it was almost showtime (the rest of the members were apathetic and just got high).

I'd think that dreams are connected to the thing our subconscious is trying to solve; if it's got a correlation with anything, it's with the Enneagram.
    That's an anxiety dream. I think there is a difference whether it happens just before waking up in the morning or in the middle of the night. Negative dreams are easier to remember at any rate.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    That's an anxiety dream. I think there is a difference whether it happens just before waking up in the morning or in the middle of the night. Negative dreams are easier to remember at any rate.
    Wait, yeah, I forgot to mention that I was pretty worked up about not being prepared, and I felt as though everyone else was slacking.

I don't remember many of my dreams, but I wouldn't be surprised if most were connected to anxiety--whether I consciously feel it in the real world or not.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Wait, yeah, I forgot to mention that I was pretty worked up about not being prepared, and I felt as though everyone else was slacking.
    An answer to a question from the RETI: "I worry and react strongly." (Comes out as a type 6 response.)

I don't remember many of my dreams, but I wouldn't be surprised if most were connected to anxiety--whether I consciously feel it in the real world or not.
    Sometimes I think late-morning anxiety dreams relate to not wanting to face something in reality. So the body is trying to wake up and the mind is resisting. The result is a stressful dream, like being caught naked in public, or being back in your old school on the first day and you don't know where your locker is, or its combination, or a number of other things that can go wrong (such as arriving at school without any clothes, of course!).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I remember dreams if I start a habit of attempting to remember them straight in the morning, and even more so if I resolved to the night before. Otherwise I have memorable dreams when I feel like I'm navigating new territory in my life, or sometimes when I'm repressing bad things.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

I haven't had many dreams lately since I usually don't get much sleep. However, when I do have dreams, they are very vivid (and I can remember them in extreme detail), and sometimes have a very good and complex plot. I actually once had a series of three related dreams three nights in a row once. Back between in eighth grade and the summer between eighth grade and ninth grade, I had nightmares a lot for some reason, and that was the only time I wish I didn't have such vivid and realistic dreams. But lately, since I've not been getting that much sleep, I've not been having memorable dreams - I remember them when I first wake up, but they don't stay with me like dreams I used to have.