• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Correlation with MBTI and dominant freudian agency

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
enneagram is associated with freudian agencies (superego: 1, 2 and 6. ego 4,5 and 9. id: 3, 7 and 8) so I thought it might be interesting to draw correlations with MBTI and freudian agencies:

essentially my thoughts are
Superego: SJs, NFJs, some NFPs
Id: SPs, some NTJs, some NFPs
Ego: NTPs, some NTJs

this is just a theory off the top of my head, feel free to add to it or take what you will

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Superego: Feeling as dom/secondary function
Id: Pe?
Ego: Either thinking or sensing in the top

Perhaps.

I also wonder how accurate the freudian agency/enneagram correlation is. For example, Woody Allen is a 6w7 (superego-id) but is ego dominant to the point of caricature.

Last edited:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Superego: Feeling as dom/tert function
Id: Pe?
Ego: Either thinking or sensing in the top

Perhaps.

I also wonder how accurate the freudian agency/enneagram correlation is. For example, Woody Allen is a 6w7 (superego-id) but is ego dominant to the point of caricature.

I think of it as more of a correlation, but it definitely works for me (7w8, Id/Id) I basically do what I want and only what I want

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I'm supposedly ego-ego but identify more with superego & id. Maybe instincts play a role too.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I'm supposedly ego-ego but identify more with superego & id. Maybe instincts play a role too.

are you a 5w4? (that would make you the same Enneagram MBTI combination as Calvin lol)

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
are you a 5w4? (that would make you the same Enneagram MBTI combination as Calvin lol)
Yes, and selfpres last so possibly even the same instinct variant. :p

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
This theory doesent make any sense unless you open up it a bit.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You have Socionics, which associates the agencies with function order positions (actually, pairs or "blocks"). Dom/aux is ego, for instance. In order to cover all four pairs, they add something called "super-id".

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
You have Socionics, which associates the agencies with function order positions (actually, pairs or "blocks"). Dom/aux is ego, for instance. In order to cover all four pairs, they add something called "super-id".

Freudian ego, id and superego doesent really fit to functions like that, those freudian concepts would need so much modification to fit that its useless to use the same terms anymore. Those concepts as they are, are irrelevant to typology. For example, the concept of ego doesent restrict itself to dom and aux functions and sometimes(some people) it doesent even strech to aux..