User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I could be wrong, but I think they do. Introverts think, act, think. Extraverts act, think, act. Absorbing information is a part of action. How else would introverts generally have a deeper inner life?
    5 3 9

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Extraversion = object
    Introversion = fields (relationship between object)

This does not imply that extraversion absorbs more information than introversion.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Uwace View Post
    Extraversion = object
    Introversion = fields (relationship between object)
    This does not imply that extraversion absorbs more information than introversion.
    that sounds more like Intuition and Sensing to me
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

ooops i think i just contradicted myself there; sorry

disregard that; I was confusing MBTI with socionics.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld
    Jung observed two types of general cognition: Perception (taking in information) and Judgment (making decisions/evaluating it.)

He said that there are two styles of Perception: Sensing (which deals with immediate, concrete, tangible sensory impressions) and iNtuition (which deals with abstract patterns and relationships between things or ideas, and other non-tangible information.)

There are also two styles of Judgment: Thinking (which deals with impersonal logic and structure) and Feeling (which deals with personal/interpersonal ethics and morality.)

Furthermore, each of these four processes can be directed inwardly (introverted), which means it's conceptualized subjectively in terms of the self, or externally (extroverted), which means it's conceptualized objectively in terms of not-self.

Introverted attitudes view the outer world in terms of the self's subjective ideal, so they attempt to make the outer world more like the inner self. Their focus is deeper but less expansive--they can see all the implications of one idea at a time.

Extroverted attitudes view the inner world in terms of the non-self's objective ideal, so they attempt to make the inner self more like the outer world. Their focus is broader but more shallow--they can see a wide range of different information at once, but in less detail.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I don't think this can be quantified. Since all types have an equal number of introverted and extroverted processes, and will lean on these processes in certain situations, there are too many variables to give an absolute. Both parties observe the object (cognition) but the extroverted process is one of merging and the introverted process is one of matching. An introvert may look at the object and take in a massive amount of info before it begins matching.. and make alot of connection in that matching. An extrovert may briefly observe the object before merging, but still have taken in less info than the introvert did before matching.

This is slightly offbeat, but I liked this video explanation.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T9f7b7dOzQ&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

not ime
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I'm assuming this is more of a judging/perceiving question (whether your perception is introverted or extroverted). Extroverted perceivers want novel environmental information, whereas introverted perceivers want relevant environmental information. The amount of information isn't really a part of the distinction.

On the question of judgment dominants vs. perceiving dominants, perceiving dominants do take in more information on average. Judgment dominants make conclusions based on less information on average.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
    Introverts think, act, think. Extraverts act, think, act.
    thats just a stereotype