First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    That's clearly a non sequitur. You can't say what's it without actually getting to know a person. Jungian functions are not some magical shortcut around this.
    It's primarily personal observation conjoined with personal logic. If it makes sense to you and, more importantly, your personal experiences, then it could be useful. I can argue for my logic, but I can't argue for my data. The logic works around three assumptions: Si = literal meanings, prplchknz = INFP, and INFP has tertiary Si. "Prplchknz = infp" is questionable and the argument may not be sound as a whole, but the argument, with the conclusion of "It is prplchknz's Si" is valid.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    You couldn't connect the words to the sound? or your mouth round the sounds?
    (Or I could just give up with my stupid theory.)
    yes
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    It's primarily personal observation conjoined with personal logic. If it makes sense to you and, more importantly, your personal experiences, then it could be useful. I can argue for my logic, but I can't argue for my data. The logic works around three assumptions: Si = literal meanings, prplchknz = INFP, and INFP has tertiary Si. "Prplchknz = infp" is questionable and the argument may not be sound as a whole, but the argument, with the conclusion of "It is prplchknz's Si" is valid.
    Just so you know I am not an SJ I have a hard time functioning in an SJ world. really hard time, I become really depressed and despondent when I'm forced to act like an SJ
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

This is funny..... IME the one's who are the best at not taking things literally in the way that you're talking about are all really strong S types. Like, they are more in tune with what is happening and what is custom, so when someone says they'll take 15 minutes they'll know from experience that it's just a customary saying. Or something like that.

But I still don't know what in the world this "15 minutes" is supposed to mean. If it doesn't mean what it means then there's no limit to what it could mean. I struggled with this a lot, especially when I was younger. If it has something to do with the customariness I either wasn't aware of it or ignored it as irrelevant to what it is or could be. I defaulted to literal just because it was easier when having to deal with real stuff. This isn't the same as being a literal-preferring person. It's more that I'm so overloaded by a sense of possibility in any given situation that I had to ground myself in the essentials of it to make sense at all to anyone but myself. Literal preferring is more like you don't care about the connections and meanings of the universe as much... "cut the nonsense I just want to live a normal life" sort of thing. But no, I greatly love speculation, just not in those annoyingly ordinary situations with those annoyingly ordinary figurative and sometimes convoluted language.

Telling me the trash is overflowing is not the same as telling me to take out the trash, it's only a hint at such so don't act like it was something I was actually told

I.... just don't know at this point. Only that Intuitive and Sensing types are much bigger things than these strengths and weaknesses that we commonly attribute them to. Sensing isn't these lack of abilities and intuition doesn't necessarily have them. I could go about rationalizing this as Asperger's or other mental problems messing up my extraverted functions and/or making me use too much Ti than what's healthy or something.... but is that really necessary? Is that really what type is about? Maybe part of it is but I still think that sometimes we're overcomplicating type too much

Okay, end rampage. Summary: Prplchknz still seems NFP.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    This is funny..... IME the one's who are the best at not taking things literally in the way that you're talking about are all really strong S types. Like, they are more in tune with what is happening and what is custom, so when someone says they'll take 15 minutes they'll know from experience that it's just a customary saying. Or something like that.

But I still don't know what in the world this "15 minutes" is supposed to mean. If it doesn't mean what it means then there's no limit to what it could mean. I struggled with this a lot, especially when I was younger. If it has something to do with the customariness I either wasn't aware of it or ignored it as irrelevant to what it is or could be. I defaulted to literal just because it was easier when having to deal with real stuff. This isn't the same as being a literal-preferring person. It's more that I'm so overloaded by a sense of possibility in any given situation that I had to ground myself in the essentials of it to make sense at all to anyone but myself. Literal preferring is more like you don't care about the connections and meanings of the universe as much... "cut the nonsense I just want to live a normal life" sort of thing. But no, I greatly love speculation, just not in those annoyingly ordinary situations with those annoyingly ordinary figurative and sometimes convoluted language.

Telling me the trash is overflowing is not the same as telling me to take out the trash, it's only a hint at such so don't act like it was something I was actually told

I.... just don't know at this point. Only that Intuitive and Sensing types are much bigger things than these strengths and weaknesses that we commonly attribute them to. Sensing isn't these lack of abilities and intuition doesn't necessarily have them. I could go about rationalizing this as Asperger's or other mental problems messing up my extraverted functions and/or making me use too much Ti than what's healthy or something.... but is that really necessary? Is that really what type is about? Maybe part of it is but I still think that sometimes we're overcomplicating type too much

Okay, end rampage. Summary: Prplchknz still seems NFP.
    exactly especially on the trash overflowing. I'm likely to go, um ok.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Just so you know I am not an SJ I have a hard time functioning in an SJ world. really hard time, I become really depressed and despondent when I'm forced to act like an SJ
    Being an SJ is different from having an Si function, so yeah. I think that if you are more creative with things than you are literal with meanings, then you are NP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

^ i wouldn't link creativity and literal to SJ/NP. SJ boyfriend is, in fact, more creative than i am (gasp). he thinks of funny little things i don't think of and he brainstorms like a boss. yet SJ boyfriend is still SJ and i am still NP.

i think that Ns are more likely to interpret things as pattern/metaphor (especially NPs and metaphor) but i don't think we can apply that to every phrasing. like @LunaLuminosity said, strong S types are usually more connected to reality and probably more likely to understand communication in its context. and things like "15 minutes" are quite context dependent. "T-minus 15 minutes" is quite a different 15 minutes than "see you at the park in 15 minutes". the former is 15:00:00 and the latter is 12-18 minutes. and "get over here in 15 minutes or you're fired" is GO GO GO NOW.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

To this day, I still cannot understand "quarter after" and "quarter till". I'm like "Just tell me the time!"
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    well can you. I'm very literal at times when someone says something metaphorical my first thought is picturing it literally. it took me years to figure out about 15 minutes didn't mean exactly 15 minutes and would get mad when it take 16 minutes.
    As an INTJ, I tend to take things somewhat literally that people tell me. Since I'm direct, I like them to be direct. However, I don't get caught up in the precise meaning of words - so there can be some interpretation even if they did not use the best words to communicate things. If I know the person well, it's like I understand what they mean vs. what they said.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    As an INTJ, I tend to take things somewhat literally that people tell me. Since I'm direct, I like them to be direct. However, I don't get caught up in the precise meaning of words - so there can be some interpretation even if they did not use the best words to communicate things. If I know the person well, it's like I understand what they mean vs. what they said.
    I sometimes wonder if I'm not an INTJ. Probably an INFP and that's why i wonder so much
    In no likes experiment.

that is all