User Tag List

12 Last

Ginkgo

Default Ni and "sleeping on it"

One thing I've noticed is that those who rely on Ni also rely on their ability to sleep on problems. If someone sleeps on a problem, they've likely not put much mental energy in solving the problem at all. Perhaps they have, but at a certain point, lateral thinking takes the wheel and does the work for them.

How is it, then, that an Ni dom could rightfully claim an idea as his own if that idea was the work of an intuition that seems to have its own autonomy?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    How is it, then, that an Ni dom could rightfully claim an idea as his own if that idea was the work of an intuition that seems to have its own autonomy?
    Who else should be considered responsible for the idea, then: God? Many artistic ideas are not the work of a "lateral thinking" process, but simply the inspiration of the artist. Some artists do credit their "muse", but the rest of us usually have no trouble acknowledging the authorship of the artist.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I think they're just not sure and needing more information which sometimes comes to them with a little time and space....Or sometimes a lot of time and space, which is frustrating if you're waiting for them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

as far as i understand Ni it relies very much on unconscious processing. so when you say "not much mental energy", you mean the sort of mental energy that you're used to using. i frequently notice Ni dom and aux friends of mine doing the thousand-yard stare thing where they seem to leap out of normal time, and i would be very surprised if they weren't engaging their little Ni brain gears during those times.

i don't think any Perceiving function can fairly claim complete authorship because we do derive our ideas from the worlds outside of us, be they the internal world of Ni and Si or the external worlds available to Ne and Se. i am an artist and i often tell people that my art tends to be "variations on a theme": i see things and i alter and combine and rework them. i do not simply generate them out of my own inner being, even though my inner being works its own magic upon them.

at least personally i have no real belief in authorship in and of itself, anyway. i think most ideas are collective, owned by the universe and the cosmos, and it is rather silly to claim an idea as completely of one's own - though that is how the human ego seeks to understand things and that is the way our world often works.

Riva

The answer to the OP to a certain extent -

http://personalityjunkie.com/2011/10...n-infjs-intjs/

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I think that's how some of the best ideas, (for anyone) come up. They pop out of your subconscious. They came from some complex background process that had nothing to do with your everyday thinking.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Riva

Ah this thread scream Gregory House.

Guessing and guessing and putting to the test.

Until finally it hits him.

He is such an INTJ.

If Mac sees this he is going to kill me.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Ah this thread scream Gregory House.

Guessing and guessing and putting to the test.

Until finally it hits him.

He is such an INTJ.

If Mac sees this he is going to kill me.
    Oh God. That's a good way to derail, friend.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Oh God. That's a good way to derail, friend.
    I wasn't derailing at all.

That's an unfair accusation.

I was only pointing out that the points provided to understand the functions of Ni screams the behaviour of Gregory House.

You obviously have issues with me.

Don't try to misinterpret the things I say to offend me or put me in that particular light.

I don't know what your issue is with me and I do not care at all.

This is not the 1st time you tried to antagonize me.

The skin colour joke you made a while ago was rather offensive too, though I never reported it.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I wasn't derailing at all.

That's an unfair accusation.

I was only pointing out that the points provided to understand the functions of Ni screams the behaviour of Gregory House.

You obviously have issues with me.

Don't try to misinterpret the things I say to offend me or put me in that particular light.

I don't know what your issue is with me and I do not care at all.

This is not the 1st time you tried to antagonize me.

The skin colour joke you made a while ago was rather offensive too, though I never reported it.
    Skin color joke...? What? I'm not trying to do anything to you. I don't even know you.