User Tag List

First 12

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Skin color joke...? What? I'm not trying to do anything to you. I don't even know you.
    Good lets just keep it that way.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    at least personally i have no real belief in authorship in and of itself, anyway. i think most ideas are collective, owned by the universe and the cosmos, and it is rather silly to claim an idea as completely of one's own - though that is how the human ego seeks to understand things and that is the way our world often works.
    I have no problem with the idea of authorship, but in a similar vein, find the notion of "intellectual property" to be an oxymoron. We don't completely own what we create, especially once it is out there in the world. Proper attribution is still courteous and responsible, though.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I have no problem with the idea of authorship, but in a similar vein, find the notion of "intellectual property" to be an oxymoron. We don't completely own what we create, especially once it is out there in the world. Proper attribution is still courteous and responsible, though.
    The who else owns what we create?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    to the bold, agreed. it allows for pride in one's hard work and a sense of community synergy.

One thing I've noticed is that those who rely on Ni also rely on their ability to sleep on problems. If someone sleeps on a problem, they've likely not put much mental energy in solving the problem at all. Perhaps they have, but at a certain point, lateral thinking takes the wheel and does the work for them.

How is it, then, that an Ni dom could rightfully claim an idea as his own if that idea was the work of an intuition that seems to have its own autonomy?
    Does Ne have no autonomy because it requires an environmental soundboard? All of our processes require a "ping" to materialize.

Eh.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Does Ne have no autonomy because it requires an environmental soundboard? All of our processes require a "ping" to materialize.

Eh.
    You may have a point. Ne, without anything else to ground it, can cause an individual to be extremely flappable when exposed to new information. It's only alien to me because it's an extraverted process as opposed to Ni.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

The who else owns what we create?
    No one. My comment applies only to ideas and concepts, though. It makes no more sense to speak of owning these than to speak of owning one's children. As Skylights mentioned, even the most novel idea is influenced by prior and contemporary thought and circumstance. While it is often possible to point to who pulled it all together, it is far more difficult to apportion "ownership" accurately and realistically. Moreover, once exposed to the light of day, one's ideas, like children, will grow beyond their beginnings, spawning more ideas and eluding the posession and control implied by ownership.

Some Native American groups similarly found the idea of owning land hard to fathom. That doesn't stop us from putting up fences and issuing deeds, but the land will be there long after its "owners" are gone, much like the thought forms that issue from our imaginations.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...