User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Default understanding complex shapes and type

Do you find it hard to understand what shape this is? Were you even able to get it right before reading the spoiler?

Its

Ps. Carved it on my ukulele
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Do you find it hard to understand what shape this is? Were you even able to get it right before reading the spoiler?

this actually sounds very stand-offish/show-offey. Like a little kid on a skateboard, "you couldn't even get that jump, could you???!"

(Edit: No, I didn't see it right off, I can kind of see it now if I picture it being folded up- cool image, and really cool that you own a ukulele! I had myself giggling the other day over the prospect of owning a ukulele or giving one to a relative.)

I just said "diamond"
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post

this actually sounds very stand-offish/show-offey. Like a little kid on a skateboard, "you couldn't even get that jump, could you???!"

(Edit: No, I didn't see it right off, I can kind of see it now if I picture it being folded up- cool image, and really cool that you own a ukulele! I had myself giggling the other day over the prospect of owning a ukulele or giving one to a relative.)

I just said "diamond"
    I didnt say i would had easy time understanding this if i saw it somewhere, so im not showing off my comprehension of complex shapes.. i was just interested if Se doms for example have easy time seeing it and Ne doms seeing it the wrong way easier(you cant get a diamond out of that, even tho it might look like a diamond at first), making faster judgment from external perceptions and being more guided by internal associations.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

>spoiler

-> too obvious to even cross my mind.

i was trying hard to find something different IN it. which is possible of course, because it contains divided parts. bended pyramids. it's rather difficult to go through all of them and only through real ones.

i wonder if this would have been so much easier, if it was displayed with proper vanishing point perspective. in school they forced me to paint cubes without vanishing point perspective. that's "technical drawing". i figure, someone without that "technical" experience would rightfully disagree with this being a cube, because cubes don't look like this. the natural mind tries to figure out, what this image represents, while considering it to be a propper representation of something real, meaning one featuring the vanishing point perspective. as such it would represent a weird stretched cube.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    I didnt say i would had easy time understanding this if i saw it somewhere, so im not showing off my comprehension of complex shapes.. i was just interested if Se doms for example have easy time seeing it and Ne doms seeing it the wrong way easier(you cant get a diamond out of that, even tho it might look like a diamond at first), making faster judgment from external perceptions and being more guided by internal associations.
    "you can't get a diamond out of that even though it looks like a diamond." Okay, I didn't realize there was one "true" answer to this- you're saying that you must fold the shape or see it 3-D in your mind. My geometry/ spatial reasoning has admittedly gone south since highschool. I also pictured a hang glider or a parachute or wings, or those little paper things that you make that you write words on that kids make, but not a cube.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I could make a kite using the same pattern, take a photo, and you'd think it was a cube.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

curiouser and curiouser bluestripes's Avatar
    MBTI
    Fi
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Do you find it hard to understand what shape this is?
    no, not really. at first it did appear flat, then it expanded in my internal vision, becoming more three-dimensional, and developed into a transparent cube with two flat surfaces inside that join the opposite corners and criss-cross. it took three to five seconds.

there is no possibility of my being Se-dominant, not with the way i limit my intake of the external world (sometimes severely) and break it down into small "doses". or even Si-dominant, though i do seem to have fairly strong Si, and it is something i understand.

this is very interesting. what ought to be made, i think, is a post with other pattern recognition tasks, such as the ones where you have to discern a concealed shape or choose one out of two overlapping/simultaneously existing shapes. then it would be possible to test one's perception of them and compare the results to other members who are either Ne- or Se-dominant.
    "i love deadlines. i like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." (c) douglas adams

"there are only two ways to live your life. one is as though nothing is a miracle. the other is as though everything is a miracle." (c) albert einstein

"if only i could grow with my eyes - like these leaves - into the depth" (c) sergei esenin

"god is in the details" (c) proverb

I look at it and see all kinds of patterns forming and shifting, kind of like when you look at one of those optical illusions and your brain keeps shifting perspectives. But there really isn't any any right answer as to what kind of shape it is. It's not really a 3D cube with all corners connected (though that was my answer at first). It's really just a bunch of arbitrary lines that the brain interprets as a shape.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I saw a cube as soon as I looked at it.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by bluestripes View Post
    no, not really. at first it did appear flat, then it expanded in my internal vision, becoming more three-dimensional, and developed into a transparent cube with two flat surfaces inside that join the opposite corners and criss-cross. it took three to five seconds.

there is no possibility of my being Se-dominant, not with the way i limit my intake of the external world (sometimes severely) and break it down into small "doses". or even Si-dominant, though i do seem to have fairly strong Si, and it is something i understand.

this is very interesting. what ought to be made, i think, is a post with other pattern recognition tasks, such as the ones where you have to discern a concealed shape or choose one out of two overlapping/simultaneously existing shapes. then it would be possible to test one's perception of them and compare the results to other members who are either Ne- or Se-dominant.
    That Se dom thing was just an example.

Anyways, how sure you are on being N and P? You are pretty new to the forum, so i dunno if you are new to typology too and people do make mistakes on their type at first quite alot.
    — C.G. Jung

Read