User Tag List

123 Last

garbage

Default a thing to keep in mind about functions (Ni as example)

This might have been said before. Just sayin' it again.

From the Lenore wiki:

Ni is a way of knowing (or at least thinking you know) that bypasses reason, facts, evidence, the expected or intended interpretations of signs, or anything you can point to, simply giving you an awareness or belief that seems indisputably true to you, period.
    Our functions are orientations, lenses through which we view the world. All of our lenses are imperfect.

Although, this raises a side question, too. Should we think of the functions themselves as archetypes, and our preferences as orientations toward those functions? That is, perhaps Ni captures knowing without facts or logic, and an Ni-dominant is oriented toward Ni, but has an imperfect use of Ni?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Functions dont fit the definition of archetype, so no we shouodnt think functions as archetypes..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Functions dont fit the definition of archetype, so no we shouodnt think functions as archetypes..
    or maybe adapt the definitions of archtypes...LOL...constants
    Im out, its been fun

garbage

Jung himself described eight archetypes, while Lenore and company focus on describing functions, yeah. So, my wording didn't have exact precision.

Leaving the terms "function" and "archetype" alone for a bit, I'm concerned about which construct would be most useful--should we talk about "introverted intuition" or about "introverted intuitives"? Because, to me, the two often get conflated more than they should.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Jung himself described eight archetypes, while Lenore and company focus on describing functions, yeah. So, my wording didn't have exact precision.

Leaving the terms "function" and "archetype" alone for a bit, I'm concerned about which construct would be most useful--should we talk about "introverted intuition" or about "introverted intuitives"? Because, to me, the two often get conflated more than they should.
    Its beebe who described function positions as archetypes, jung never made the connection between function and archetypes and had totally different definitions for them..
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    STP

introverted intuition is about a function
    introverted intuitives is about a person

There is overlap between the 2. what we should talk about depends on the topic. If you want to talk about a person then use introverted intuitives as the focus and how introverted intuition comes into play. If you want to talk about function..use introverted intuition and bring in examples from introverted intuitives. Its all dependent on focus.

Where there is overlap we can think of them the same, where there isnt we cant. Its like drawing 2 overlapping circles. Where they overlap we can "technically" think of them as one in the same. Where they dont we need to be able to seperate the 2. atleast thats my opinion.

Its not as matter of what we should talk about, but how it applies or relates to what we are talking about.
    Im out, its been fun

garbage

Its beebe who described function positions as archetypes, jung never made the connection between function and archetypes and had totally different definitions for them..
    This is part of my point.

Jung's passages are littered with snippets like the following:
    In accordance with his definition, we must picture a, man whose constant aim -- in so far, of course, as he is a [p. 435] pure type
    The point is that even Jung makes a distinction between the type and the man, which we don't tend to do. We get to the point where we claim that Ni-users have a complete grasp of Ni, for example, which they may not.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

This is part of my point.

Jung's passages are littered with snippets like the following:

The point is that even Jung makes a distinction between the type and the man, which we don't tend to do. We get to the point where we claim that Ni-users have a complete grasp of Ni, for example, which they may not.
    How is this pure type thing relevant with anything? Its just some random guys theory about what type jung was(he thinks jung is all types because hes gone so long on individuation process)..

Rest is just wtfhaveyoueverreadanythingfromjung? And where did you find that quote and what did you leave out of it? The quote like that says nothing..
    — C.G. Jung

Read

garbage

How is this pure type thing relevant with anything? Its just some random guys theory about what type jung was(he thinks jung is all types because hes gone so long on individuation process)..

Rest is just wtfhaveyoueverreadanythingfromjung? And where did you find that quote and what did you leave out of it? The quote like that says nothing..
    I'd rather talk with people who understand what I'm getting at and can discuss it rather than bicker over details with you, but I'll bite anyway.

Who are you talking about, "some random guy"?

I quoted Jung himself. Well, a translation. Namely, this translation of Psychological Types. I trust that you can use the scrollbar or scroll wheel or Ctrl+F to find the text that I pulled out.

Either the translation just really sucks, or I'm wrong about Jung stating the exact thing that this translation says that he said, or Jung is as mysterious as Jesus and we cannot take quotes from him without tons and tons of context. Either way, it's irrelevant to the OP (but I'm still curious).

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I'd rather talk with people who understand what I'm getting at and can discuss it rather than bicker over details with you, but I'll bite anyway.

Who are you talking about, "some random guy"?

I quoted Jung himself. Well, a translation. Namely, this translation of Psychological Types. I trust that you can use the scrollbar or scroll wheel or Ctrl+F to find the text that I pulled out.

Either the translation just really sucks, or I'm wrong about Jung stating the exact thing that this translation says that he said. Either way, it's irrelevant to the OP (but I'm still curious).
    You left out all relevant stuff from your quote and took it out of the context, so i thought you were referring to that guy who made an hypothesis of jung being a "pure type", which he meant that jung was all types.

Anyways, now that i got to read what your quote was actually about, its pretty clear that you dont understand what jung says there.

First of all, with pure Te type, jung speaks of Te type, whos aux and tert are undifferentiated.

This has nothing to do with archetypes or making an distinction between man and the type..
    — C.G. Jung

Read