User Tag List

123 Last

Epiphany

Default Typing Inanimate Objects

I figured this would be a good way to encourage typological discourse and discover who the best typist on the forum is, once and for all.

Let's start off with this typewriter.

I think it's an ISTJ 5w6 sx/sp. I wasn't entirely certain about its variant, but I'm getting a very sexual vibe from it and I'm rarely wrong about anything.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I think you got it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    but I'm getting a very sexual vibe from it
    Just don't get any ideas.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Just don't get any ideas.
    My mind is telling me no, but my body is telling me...

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

My mind is telling me no, but my body is telling me...
    yes, yes, yes...?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

I think it's an ISTJ 5w6 sx/sp. I wasn't entirely certain about its variant, but I'm getting a very sexual vibe from it and I'm rarely wrong about anything.

Really? I thought it was more of a type 2w3 soc/sx, to be honest. At the time it was made it was trying to be helpful and well liked (because it got money for it, but that's besides the point).
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

I figured this would be a good way to encourage typological discourse and discover who the best typist on the forum is, once and for all.

Let's start off with this typewriter.

Close, but I think you've missed the mark. It's clearly an ISFJ. A typewriter would be very emotionally expressive, I think. I'm getting a very wistful, security-seeking yet creative vibe from it.

What about this canyon? My guess is ESTP 7w6, sp/so. Not sure about the enneagram wing.

AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Alright, let me establish something lcear here first; I am almost vitually opposed to typing via a 'vibe'; I feel that is a cheap (and often inaccurate) method in which to type as opposed to, you know, taking into careful consideration what type actually fits best. That said, analysis of an object, comparison to the functions/motivations/etc., and reasoning with credible evidence are what allow for accurate typology, not vibes and hunaches.

So lets analyze the typewriter. What is the typewriter? Well it can be many things actually, depending on how you perceive it, but lets look at the qualities associated with it that are completely objective. Typewriters are but tools for writing of course, mechanical, designed to operate solely by our convenience and need. The type writer does not predict nor generates any sort of idea, it doesn't allow us to see new horizens nor realize different perspectives, so Ni and Ne are out of the equation. Fi is non existent, as is Fe. It's not Se either, as it isn't an object designed to take action in the immedaite context of the present world, and it isn't a puzzle device that forces any sort of sensical thought process of its user. It's two main functions are Si and Te; its design is to follow a relaible structure and serve the user of it in a simple and reliable manner, always remaining what it is whenever utilized; this is an Si-Te combo par excellence. AS for tert function, I'd actually go with Ne, since theoretically it allows ideas and oppertunities upon the writer whom uses it; a typewriter can open many doors for those whom use it. So a typewriter is ESTJ. Enneagram wise, its design is pure servitude and ultra-reliance. It's not a loving object, nor one of great glory nor emotion; so 2, 3, and 4 are out. It's really an onject of power, nor one of peace, or fun, or perfection. I'd say overall it best resembles a dutiful 6, ever waiting for one to do its bidding, himble and trustworthy in both design and function. Wings 5 because of its solitary and logical nature. So its a 6w5. As for instinct varient, I see no visible sx; sp first seems to fit its grounded and safe design/function, followed by so. So it's sp/so.

So overall, the typewriter is ESTJ p6w5 sp/so.

Also, it's a fucking inanimate object, so it can't be typed

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by AntiheroComplex View Post
    What about this canyon? My guess is ESTP 7w6, sp/so. Not sure about the enneagram wing.

How could it be a 7? 7s are always trying to escape pain, but canyons can't move. Maybe it is a 8w9. Dominates the landscape, but as said before, no 7 in it at all.

I agree though that it is definitely a dominant Se type.
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

Epiphany

I have long felt that typology transcends mere human beings, anime cartoons and one-dimensional characters. I literally type every object in my physical environment and refer to them as such. Sometimes, I have to turn the ESFP 3w4 so/sx off because there is nothing interesting to watch or I spend way too much time surfing the internet on this INTP 6w5 sp/so. It's weird...I know.

Incidentally, I suck at typology.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    yes, yes, yes...?