User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Maybe that's why I didn't think we were that similar (same mbti+same en tri type+same instinctual variants).
    I'm usually not merciful, but sometimes I play devil's advocate. The end result is the same but the focus is very different.
    I'm drawn to intellectually stimulating people. Whether or not they are selfish/assholes affects only the degree of trust I have in them them and the ammount of things I'd be willing to reveal about myself.
    But if I'm working hard and they are being lazy, I'm gonna get very pissed. I'm tolerant with beginners though.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I don't know that I would necessarily call that mercy. That's simply not being judgemental, or jumping to conclusions - it's attempting to consider other possible explanations. I totally do the same thing.

Anyway, when asked if I prefer Justice or Mercy on MBTI tests, I now tend to answer, Justice. @Asterion do you really think you are choosing mercy over justice in your situation? Do you think you're making excuses for someone that's screwing up, or do you think you are being fair and reasonable given the circumstances?
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
    Pretty sure I'm going to have to change my type.
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd another INTP bites the dust.

@Rasofy.... your time.... it be limited.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post

Rasofy... your time.... it be limited.
    ->
    ->
    -----------------

A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
    I find at my workplace that I'm always the one defending other people from criticism. A select group of co-workers are usually complaining that people are slow and lazy, they're all thinkers. I'm the one saying "wait a minute, that guy is new... of course he's going to be slow, he's adjusting, he's got no friends to motivate him and he's on a lower wage than you".

My brother and friends tell me that I'm quicker to defend other people than I am to defend myself.

Is there such a thing as merciful, MBTI Thinkers?
    I don't think I'm particularly merciful. But yes, I'll play devil's advocate, if only to make people see the other side of the story.

Fairness and justice are, in general, more important to me than mercy and making people happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    ->
    ->
    Delusions, delusions...

I'm easily too, more so than ...

Anew Leaf

->
    ->
    Denial:

1- A river in Egypt
    2- INTPs who are really INFPs

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    I'm easily too, more so than ...
    I guess I can make an En 5 exception for you.

I remember this post on intpforum about how to get along with INFPs (he restricted to female INFPs though):
    Assumptions:
    1. You are an INTP male, like myself.
    2. You are attracted by the opposite sex (yes, I am being heteronormative).
    3. You are fascinated by female INFPs especially.
    4. You would like to have more things to talk about or amuse INFPs with.
    5. You have some things that have worked in the past with said female INFPs.

INFP bait!

http://asofterworld.com/index.php?id=566
    Yeah, INFPs seem to love "asofterworld". Something about the dark emotion, the passive aggressiveness, the photos that just barely correlate to the words. I mean, I love it to- but I was introduced to it by an INFP. If you meet an INFP who hasn't heard of it... link them!

Talk about spirituality. Shouldn't be hard to do, but the problem is that many of us INTPs are firmly set in our ways. We have our opinions about religion/spirituality... but you'll do best if you're able to have a more flexible point of view to discuss these kinds of things with her. She'll probably appreciate your interest in hearing her own beliefs (which will not be mainstream).

Funny/absurd hypothetical situations... humor! Things like "oh man, I wish I had slashed the cook's tires; they ran out of vegetarian food today!" Over the top things. Maybe a little but cruel or principle-based. Expect a playful objection "Nooooo", and play on!

Be wary of board games. INFPs like them, but they like them because of the social interaction, not because of the empire-building.
    Sounds very unlike me. I wonder if Asterion relates to any of those.
    @Asterion, Do you play board games for the social interaction or for the empire-building?
    -----------------

-----------------

MBTI
    INTJ

Maybe it's age, but nowadays I'm more prone to throw somebody a bone over letting them sink. I don't really find it productive in most cases. That does not mean that they are exempt from the consequences of their actions. There is a difference.

Anew Leaf

I guess I can make an En 5 exception for you.

I remember this post on intpforum about how to get along with INFPs (he restricted to female INFPs though):

Sounds very unlike me. I wonder if Asterion relates to any of those.
    @Asterion, Do you play board games for the social interaction or for the empire-building?
    EMPIRE BUILDING ALL THE WAY!!

Screw social interaction! I am out for blood.

(but if I lose I will pout and cry and give puppy dog eyes to try and win)

in regards to the OP: I am pretty merciful... I have a relative right now who owes me a giant apology and currently he thinks he can get away with not apologizing. I have privately come to a way to forgive his actions to a point, however, I don't ever want to see him again, and when I had had to see him it galls me to have him act nice to me. Perhaps I haven't truly forgiven him then? Anyways, were he to acknowledge what he did and as for forgiveness, I know that the walls of ice in my heart would melt and I would never look back. However, because he doesn't do this, a part of me still seeks vengeance and justice.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I don't know that I would necessarily call that mercy. That's simply not being judgemental, or jumping to conclusions - it's attempting to consider other possible explanations. I totally do the same thing.

Anyway, when asked if I prefer Justice or Mercy on MBTI tests, I now tend to answer, Justice. @Asterion do you really think you are choosing mercy over justice in your situation? Do you think you're making excuses for someone that's screwing up, or do you think you are being fair and reasonable given the circumstances?
    They are rather similar, but I'm usually focusing on what people feel before I make a decision. I can see that they're not trying, or spacing out when they need to be alert, but I don't tend to make my decisions based on that information. I'm not going to tell them: "hey, you need to pull your finger out, or you're going to get fired", I'd prefer to be gentle and work out a way to bring it to them without making them feel incompetent, alienated and ganged up on. I'll stick up for them to avoid that too, and try to welcome them into the workplace a bit more, because maybe then, they'll absorb the ideals shared by everyone else and gain enough motivation to want to work harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post

@Rasofy.... your time.... it be limited.
    I think I'm starting to like this a little
    5 3 9