• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How well do these systems actually describe you?

G

garbage

Inspired by this thing.

Which systems peg you pretty well? Which ones don't? Why do you think that is?

My signature roughly lists the systems in the order that I think they fit me. Key systems, in order, are:
  • Big Five (primary is Open; also agreeable, calm, ambiverted, middle-high conscientious)
  • Enneagram (5, probably 5w6, etc.)
  • MBTI (definite intuition-dominant; INFJ, ENFP, or ENTP, really, depending on mood)
  • APS (extension to classic temperament)
  • Socionics (ENFP, but with tons and tons of grains of salt with the little details in the system)
  • Classic temperament (who knows!?)

The classical temperament system is the worst fit overall; all four types fit me pretty readily at given moments in time, and the system doesn't quite capture "Openness" or "Intuition" which is my primary trait. The Enneagram and others fare much better in picking a crisp, clear type for me, and the Big Five traits are pretty static for me.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
MBTI fits mostly well I guess. With Enneagram I have big trouble, I cannot pick the fitting type for me and could see myself to some degree in at least half of them. Classical temperament is long time ago that I looked into it, but cannot say it helped me a lot. The three others you named I don't know.

Inverness

MBTI Type
INFJ
MBTI, socionics, enneagram, and then way out there...the big five.