• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what types are least capabale of successfully typing other people's types

clandestine

surely some* "types" lack in key area's which would be essential to comprehensive and reasonable assessment of another persons character?!?!

*if not all

:whistling:

Last edited:

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It depends on the individual, but as a general rule I would say inferior feeling types. That would be IXTP and EXTJs.

S or N has little to nothing to do with it. Judging is what you are doing to figure out types.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i think that familiarity with the MBTI and its application to individuals would have a much stronger correlation with ability to type others than type itself.

type is only an indication of preference, after all, not ability.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
but as a general rule I would say inferior feeling types. That would be IXTP and EXTJs.

S or N has little to nothing to do with it. Judging is what you are doing to figure out types.

Wrong

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
I know that I'm bad at typing other people - I'm an INTJ.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Explanation?

Why would value judgment being inferior be relevant to this? Im pretty good at typing, one time i met this guy(friend of friend) and i was able to type him correctly after what ever time it takes to smoke one spliff, barely evn talked to him and both of us were drunk and stoned.

Give me a reason why value judgmemt should have anything to do with this.

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why would value judgment being inferior be relevant to this? Im pretty good at typing, one time i met this guy(friend of friend) and i was able to type him correctly after what ever time it takes to smoke one spliff, barely evn talked to him and both of us were drunk and stoned.

Give me a reason why value judgmemt should have anything to do with this.

You know what... good point. This makes me wonder if any of the functions would influence typing ability...

G

garbage

How exactly does one define "type another person correctly" or "be good at typing"? Do you posit a type for a person, then sit them down and have them fill out an MBTI test afterward (which may not itself be reliable)? Do you continually look for patterns that eventually confirm your initial perception and your mental model of that person? Do you consult with other MBTI hobbyists and see if they agree? Or do you just define "good" to be "having developed a useful and suitable picture of that person" (which is acceptable to me..)?

This is off subject a bit and it's not directed at the OP, but.. yeah.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I understand people's types, and I see the type tool important for many things an ENTJ would consider. So I disagree with the early judgment that an ExTJ would be a bad type in typology. Instead, I have an extremely clear view of the worst type to type.

It's ISTP.

Comparisons to other alternatives: ESTJ and ISTJ.

ESTJ wants to see what factors determine the success of their team, their project or whatever. Naturally they will find it's all about persons. They can learn the typing as well. And yeah, this is one type I consider bad with types.

ISTJ is worse than ESTJ. They don't want to influence people and they generally don't want to run projects. But I can easily imagine one ISTJ being a government agent or a spy, studying people's habits day by day and recording them. Surely they will catch up to what makes up a person. This is the second worst type for typing.

ISTP. They are the mechanic. The formula driver. They're like, did something happen in the world of people? Couldn't care less. Are some people different? I dont care. Haven't noticed. My car isn't yet filled up. The screws I have are of the wrong size. I asked for 3/4 inch machine screws, not 5/6 inch. People? Yes, they are different for screws. They have much less iron content. Screws have almost 97% iron content by mass. Personality, wtf? (stares you with empty eyes)

ISTP.

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I understand people's types, and I see the type tool important for many things an ENTJ would consider. So I disagree with the early judgment that an ExTJ would be a bad type in typology. Instead, I have an extremely clear view of the worst type to type.

It's ISTP.

Comparisons to other alternatives: ESTJ and ISTJ.

ESTJ wants to see what factors determine the success of their team, their project or whatever. Naturally they will find it's all about persons. They can learn the typing as well. And yeah, this is one type I consider bad with types.

ISTJ is worse than ESTJ. They don't want to influence people and they generally don't want to run projects. But I can easily imagine one ISTJ being a government agent or a spy, studying people's habits day by day and recording them. Surely they will catch up to what makes up a person. This is the second worst type for typing.

Wouldn't ENTJs and INTJs be just as bad as ESTJ's and ISTJ's at typing? I can't see how the N would change much...

G

garbage

ISTP. They are the mechanic. The formula driver. They're like, did something happen in the world of people? Couldn't care less. Are some people different? I dont care. Haven't noticed. My car isn't yet filled up. The screws I have are of the wrong size. I asked for 3/4 inch machine screws, not 5/6 inch. People? Yes, they are different for screws. They have much less iron content. Screws have almost 97% iron content by mass. Personality, wtf? (stares you with empty eyes)

ISTP.

I guess, aside from the fact that Carl Jung himself is often typed as ISTP.

If he was bad at typing, then we're all pretty much screwed, aren't we?

:popc1:

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps we're screwed up then. Or no.

We can also look at the troll factor of the Jung=ISTP.

How is Jung=ISTP trolling? Introverted thinking seems right, and the complexity that he views the mind with looks more Se-Ni than Ne-Si... Ne-Si would see more outer complexity, not so much inner.

Porcelain Hearts

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Interesting. There are people who I find always extract the wrong impressions of others... and based on my experience, these are the ones that exhibit slowness in understanding psychology itself.

ISTP - probably the most F distant of all types. on so many accounts they say something and I'd be like, "what....... she's not weird... she's just joking...".

ENTP - they may show plenty of enthusiasm and confidence in their impressions of other people, but they live so externally that they really lack concentration on the full individual.

I'd say I'm really good at typing because I'm attentive. It's almost natural for me (bonus as an NF). I watch a lot of celeb interviews for fun just to see what personalities they are. :D