First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Why would value judgment being inferior be relevant to this? Im pretty good at typing, one time i met this guy(friend of friend) and i was able to type him correctly after what ever time it takes to smoke one spliff, barely evn talked to him and both of us were drunk and stoned.

Give me a reason why value judgmemt should have anything to do with this.
    You know what... good point. This makes me wonder if any of the functions would influence typing ability...
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

garbage

How exactly does one define "type another person correctly" or "be good at typing"? Do you posit a type for a person, then sit them down and have them fill out an MBTI test afterward (which may not itself be reliable)? Do you continually look for patterns that eventually confirm your initial perception and your mental model of that person? Do you consult with other MBTI hobbyists and see if they agree? Or do you just define "good" to be "having developed a useful and suitable picture of that person" (which is acceptable to me..)?

This is off subject a bit and it's not directed at the OP, but.. yeah.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

This is an absurd question.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I understand people's types, and I see the type tool important for many things an ENTJ would consider. So I disagree with the early judgment that an ExTJ would be a bad type in typology. Instead, I have an extremely clear view of the worst type to type.

It's ISTP.

Comparisons to other alternatives: ESTJ and ISTJ.

ESTJ wants to see what factors determine the success of their team, their project or whatever. Naturally they will find it's all about persons. They can learn the typing as well. And yeah, this is one type I consider bad with types.

ISTJ is worse than ESTJ. They don't want to influence people and they generally don't want to run projects. But I can easily imagine one ISTJ being a government agent or a spy, studying people's habits day by day and recording them. Surely they will catch up to what makes up a person. This is the second worst type for typing.

ISTP. They are the mechanic. The formula driver. They're like, did something happen in the world of people? Couldn't care less. Are some people different? I dont care. Haven't noticed. My car isn't yet filled up. The screws I have are of the wrong size. I asked for 3/4 inch machine screws, not 5/6 inch. People? Yes, they are different for screws. They have much less iron content. Screws have almost 97% iron content by mass. Personality, wtf? (stares you with empty eyes)

ISTP.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I understand people's types, and I see the type tool important for many things an ENTJ would consider. So I disagree with the early judgment that an ExTJ would be a bad type in typology. Instead, I have an extremely clear view of the worst type to type.

It's ISTP.

Comparisons to other alternatives: ESTJ and ISTJ.

ESTJ wants to see what factors determine the success of their team, their project or whatever. Naturally they will find it's all about persons. They can learn the typing as well. And yeah, this is one type I consider bad with types.

ISTJ is worse than ESTJ. They don't want to influence people and they generally don't want to run projects. But I can easily imagine one ISTJ being a government agent or a spy, studying people's habits day by day and recording them. Surely they will catch up to what makes up a person. This is the second worst type for typing.
    Wouldn't ENTJs and INTJs be just as bad as ESTJ's and ISTJ's at typing? I can't see how the N would change much...

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

garbage

ISTP. They are the mechanic. The formula driver. They're like, did something happen in the world of people? Couldn't care less. Are some people different? I dont care. Haven't noticed. My car isn't yet filled up. The screws I have are of the wrong size. I asked for 3/4 inch machine screws, not 5/6 inch. People? Yes, they are different for screws. They have much less iron content. Screws have almost 97% iron content by mass. Personality, wtf? (stares you with empty eyes)

ISTP.
    I guess, aside from the fact that Carl Jung himself is often typed as ISTP.

If he was bad at typing, then we're all pretty much screwed, aren't we?

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Perhaps we're screwed up then. Or no.

We can also look at the troll factor of the Jung=ISTP.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Perhaps we're screwed up then. Or no.

We can also look at the troll factor of the Jung=ISTP.
    How is Jung=ISTP trolling? Introverted thinking seems right, and the complexity that he views the mind with looks more Se-Ni than Ne-Si... Ne-Si would see more outer complexity, not so much inner.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Interesting. There are people who I find always extract the wrong impressions of others... and based on my experience, these are the ones that exhibit slowness in understanding psychology itself.

ISTP - probably the most F distant of all types. on so many accounts they say something and I'd be like, "what....... she's not weird... she's just joking...".

ENTP - they may show plenty of enthusiasm and confidence in their impressions of other people, but they live so externally that they really lack concentration on the full individual.

I'd say I'm really good at typing because I'm attentive. It's almost natural for me (bonus as an NF). I watch a lot of celeb interviews for fun just to see what personalities they are.