• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Were you this kind of child?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I didn't do anything, I just refused to do stuff, like being told to clean my room or take a bath I was very stubborn and refused. Doing what I wasn't suppose to not so much. and if people wonder if I'm a p, because it's always I'll do it later.

^I was this kind of child. I just went along with a lot of stuff that I didn't care one way or another anyway to avoid the inevitable disaster that would follow if I didn't comply. When I chose not to comply I knew exactly what kind of trouble I was getting into and did my best to take the punishment until it was torturous enough that just complying would be easier. This wasn't physical torture btw, past the age of 6 I couldn't care less if I was smacked on the bottom and also past that age they knew I could call for help and that I didn't care if someone got arrested for it (if something ever did go too far). No, I was best tortured by boredom. The simple "stand still and look at the wall," usually because it was just not possible for me to consciously switch my focus on something like cleaning my room, or sometimes because I tried to challenge or at least talk with them about what I was supposed to do and I'd get walled just for "being a smart___" (funny looking back at it but it wasn't back then). So I wasn't a troublemaker at all but I openly challenged the whole "because I said so" dynamic and fought it ferociously to the very end (until I either grew unwithstandingly bored with the punishment or with the point I was making :laugh: ) Yeah, that hasn't changed much today.....

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's why you seem more like an ISFP.

why though? I don't get why an N can't be a troublemaker too. because we're nerdy? I'm that too.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
why though? I don't get why an N can't be a troublemaker too. because we're nerdy? I'm that too.

Were you conflicted? There is something called the "good girl/bad girl" syndrome.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Were you conflicted? There is something called the "good girl/bad girl" syndrome.

yeah in a way. I wouldn't even call myself a bad girl and lots of people assume I'm a goody goody.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I was a pretty good kid through most of high school, never got into trouble, at least that anyone found out about. My little cadre of miscreants and I did break into a lot of buildings on the campus and frat houses, but never anyone's home. We never stole anything either except for beer. Two of those guys have PHD's, one had a perfect SAT score. Rebels with high IQ's. lol

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was so busy playing video games that I didn't have much time to be a trouble maker. At school, I used to be involved in some small fights with bullies, but since I didn't have much control over it, I don't think that should count. I couldn't understand why some kids were so inconsequent. ''Can't they evaluate risk/reward before doing silly stuff? Or perhaps it is just lack of proper punishment?'' In the end I just concluded they were dumb (and they probably concluded I was just a coward).
Interesting. :sherlock:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I was pretty straight-laced, although my social skills weren't exactly top-notch. Sometimes I was kind of snarky, too.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was a good kid, never did anything bad, teachers loved me for my behavior, and I never got detention in high school.

Granted, these days I have nothing but hatred for the rules and will undermine them when I see fit, avoiding punishment carfully, and only not do something I want because the chance of getting caught is too high. I just wish that I had this mentality when I was younger though, my life might have been more interesting.

No, the crime and punishment concept wasn't difficult for me to understand. I followed rules except when I didn't feel like it, I knew there would be consequences but there were points when I preferred to break the rules and take the punishment, usually because the temporary gratification of rule-breaking made it worthwhile.

Anyway, since I was very docile most of the time, I got off easy on the few occasions I decided to misbehave.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah in a way. I wouldn't even call myself a bad girl and lots of people assume I'm a goody goody.

Lots of people don't call themselves bad. Why would they?

N

NPcomplete

I'm not sure there were explicit rules. Everything was sort of "understood" or maybe I never really tested the boundaries. I've never been a trouble-maker as such.

Nowadays, if I don't agree with a rule, I find loopholes and work around it. If not and the consequences aren't severe, I just tell myself that a rule is only a construct and do what I want.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lots of people don't call themselves bad. Why would they?

I meant I dont think I'm perceived that way. lots of people take pride in being bad boys/girls

redacted

I was always extremely afraid of getting in trouble, but I would also stand up for causes in spite of that. It got me in lots of trouble with my mom/some teachers.

I was always fascinated by kids that just did what they wanted.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I didn't want to be the center of attention, I didn't want to be viewed in a negative light by adults, so I pretty much followed the rules and was quiet. I grumbled and rolled my eyes and said I didn't want to do something every now and then, when my parents wanted me to do something that I didn't want to do, so I'd definitely complain or at the very least proclaim my dislike for doing X, whereupon my parents would snap at me or something like that

I was like this too. Being viewed in a negative light, or being considered less than perfect, was (and probably still is) my greatest fear. Doing anything but what I was told generally resulted in immediate consequences -- so I generally did what I was told. I don't know how common my circumstance was -- my parents were *very* traditional when it comes to how children should act -- my opinion on matters of substance (as opposed to being hungry, tired, sad, etc.) didn't matter, because I was a child. I was to be taken care of and loved, and in return I was to obey and learn.

I'm also a twin, and my sister was always the "better" twin when it came to fitting that mold. So I always had this fear that I had to "keep up" with her. I seldom managed to do so, but occasionally the fear of being seen as the "bad/loser twin" was a motivating factor if not an everyday occurrence.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I found that most kids were such huge pussies in school that they'd honestly just give up and spill their guts to the first authority figure that questioned them. OTOH, there were a handful of kids with real behavioral problems that did crazy, often stupid shit just for the hell of it. But when it came to ordinary, non-harmful stuff like, say, skipping a useless class to go get lunch, we'd get stopped by a security guard or teacher on the way out and the other kids would honestly just fess up. If they could have just kept their shit together for five seconds and gotten a hold of their deathly fear of authority, then we could have easily lied our way out and been safely on our way. :rolleyes: Some people...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't do anything, I just refused to do stuff, like being told to clean my room or take a bath I was very stubborn and refused. Doing what I wasn't suppose to not so much. and if people wonder if I'm a p, because it's always I'll do it later.

^this
I didn't get into a lot of trouble because I was a lazy little turd as a kid (nothing changed), but if you asked me to do something and i didn't want to, I would simply be like "no" and walk off

wolfy

awsm
I was well aware of consequences but was interested in what I could get away with too, how far I could stir it up. I remember realising early in school how powerful it was to create a positive image. I tended to do what I wanted or thought appropriate.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^this
I didn't get into a lot of trouble because I was a lazy little turd as a kid (nothing changed), but if you asked me to do something and i didn't want to, I would simply be like "no" and walk off

And you're not a 9? Really?