First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    I had little fear of consequences; knowing the smack was coming didn't stop me from doing what I was going to do. I was the child who disobeyed intentionally and tried to dance out of the way of trouble by using my charm or wits or just blatantly lying. Really, half the time, I was just playing a game to see if I could get away with it. I only went out of my way to be mischievous like this every so often, though. For the most part, I stayed out of trouble, though not intentionally. I was in my own little world and kept mostly to myself. If trouble was to be had, I went looking for it.

Well, unless I was dealing with the kids at school. Those problems came to me, but I consider that a different situation than the question you presented.

I haven't changed as an adult so much as I've calmed down. The mentality is still there. It just expresses it in more subtle ways. My boyfriend says I have a way of leaving a little exit door of "weaselable doubt" in just about everything I do, just in case it doesn't go the way I expected. Again, for the most part, I stay out of trouble because I'm doing other things, but when I belly-flop into a muddy puddle I know exactly what I'm doing and what I'm getting myself into.
    Yeah, this pretty much describes what I was like as well.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    I had little fear of consequences; knowing the smack was coming didn't stop me from doing what I was going to do. I was the child who disobeyed intentionally and tried to dance out of the way of trouble by using my charm or wits or just blatantly lying. Really, half the time, I was just playing a game to see if I could get away with it. I only went out of my way to be mischievous like this every so often, though. For the most part, I stayed out of trouble, though not intentionally. I was in my own little world and kept mostly to myself. If trouble was to be had, I went looking for it.

Well, unless I was dealing with the kids at school. Those problems came to me, but I consider that a different situation than the question you presented.

I haven't changed as an adult so much as I've calmed down. The mentality is still there. It just expresses it in more subtle ways. My boyfriend says I have a way of leaving a little exit door of "weaselable doubt" in just about everything I do, just in case it doesn't go the way I expected. Again, for the most part, I stay out of trouble because I'm doing other things, but when I belly-flop into a muddy puddle I know exactly what I'm doing and what I'm getting myself into.
    That childhood describes a Sensor child. So does Orangey's.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

I wasn't like this at all. I had a try a lot of things at least.. and indulged in others. I was literally caught stealing at 5. Love that song. Except I kept stealing. Once caught by a Chuck Norris look-a-like too. Bastard took me my Hot Wheels. Damn him.

Used to sneak out a lot and even broke into places, elementary years. Not just teens. I remember me and some friends took it a bit too seriously, like it was some clandestine operation. We'd get the dark clothes and hoodies and act like ninjas whenever car headlights came around.

Anyways, as for learning. I don't know. It took a few hard kicks in the ass, much later.

ReflecTcelfeR

I understood punishment and reacted accordingly.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    I think I broke rules because I knew I could get away with it most of the time. plus most rules just seemed pointless and i like getting my way.
    That's why you seem more like an ISFP.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Not exactly related, but I think I even needed to test "pain" for myself, in order to see if something worked out for me or not. These were rules meant for my own good, but I didn't care. I remember being in kindergarten or something, and the teacher brought a pet bird. She warned us like twice to not poke our fingers in the cage or get too close. Naturally, I had to see for myself. And the bird pecked me. I guess from the outside it looks stupid or dense, but I'm checking things out. It didn't kill me, in the same way breaking other rules or testing other things didn't kill me (although I'm much more educated. or tame.. now than I ever was).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I didn't intentionally follow or break rules. I followed them when I thought they were reasonable, and I broke them when I thought they weren't. Sure, I feared punishment, but I was stubborn when I was convinced that I was correct. Having said that, I was mostly a pretty easy kid because I went off by myself and read a lot. My mouth got me in trouble more than anything else.

I'm still that way.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    That childhood describes a Sensor child. So does Orangey's.
    SP child. Be precise.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I was the 'perfect' kid as far as this topic goes. I didn't want to be the center of attention, I didn't want to be viewed in a negative light by adults, so I pretty much followed the rules and was quiet. I grumbled and rolled my eyes and said I didn't want to do something every now and then, when my parents wanted me to do something that I didn't want to do, so I'd definitely complain or at the very least proclaim my dislike for doing X, whereupon my parents would snap at me or something like that, but that was probably the extent of it. And frankly, I think as a child I thought all of my more troublemaking peers were... well... immature and stupid. lol.

Have to say, though... I can't exactly blame the STP's in this thread who have answered as they have. There's a lot of truth to the fact that a majority of people simply don't follow through with threats, or with consequences, and the STP merely takes advantage of that fact and learns as they go, testing the waters and seeing just how far they can push the limit - and who in their life *will* actually punish, and who will pat them on their head for their 'cuteness' or fold for one reason or another.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Quiet? Rules?
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.