User Tag List

First 678

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    Remember that Si works with Ne. We narrow down possibilities, but those possibilities come from Ne. Also, I think that the building up of information is brilliant. We've studied every brick in our minds, so we gain mastery. Pretty cool to me.

Also, Ne types are constrained in the amount of depth they go into. They are focused on finding external possibilities and do not spend as much time staying and examining them carefully.
    Dom Si does not have the vast experience that a Dom Ne would. So while you do know the detail of every brick, you dont have very many. Same would go for Ni and Se. It even plays in on itself when you think you know yourself based on a limited number and thus dont try to expand beyond that. You stick with tried and true.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    It could definitely work that way. But haven't we been discussing that Si is a database of stored sensory objects and relationships it has processed before? Wouldn't Si then be most comfortable with, and dependent upon, what has already been stored and encountered before? If so, then an Si-er's Te is limited by what has already been stored, making the likelihood of a maximum amount of possible scenarios necessarily limited. This is also my experience with Si doms and auxes: They are notoriously stubborn and rigid when it comes to new ideas, preferring the familiar and traditional. To me this more exemplifies a building UP of data over time, as more info is learned and sensory impressions are laid down related to experience and history.
    True; but that's why I said maximum data, not maximum ideas. Si needs data to make ideas. That's why Si always asks for information, before changing its mind on anything, like you said before.
    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Oh. I did not know that Si worked with Ne. Can you elaborate?
    From my experience it's just like how you described Ne in your own recent post; Ne thinks of whatever it can imagine, and Si thinks of whatever it has experienced or learned about beforehand -- and then because Si is stronger in STJs, Si will rule out Ne's "unrealistic" ideas and then continue narrowing from there.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Dom Si does not have the vast experience that a Dom Ne would. So while you do know the detail of every brick, you dont have very many. Same would go for Ni and Se.
    I recognize that. That's why it's always good to force myself out of my comfort zone, because I learn something.

Ne-Si and Si-Ne are sort of the same process, but with different focuses on different parts.
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    I recognize that. That's why it's always good to force myself out of my comfort zone, because I learn something.

Ne-Si and Si-Ne are sort of the same process, but with different focuses on different parts.
    Yeah, I believe thats where Te comes into play as Te is alot more comfortable then Ne. ExFP use Te alot different then IxTJ. Its healthy for an IxTJ to reach toward Te, but an ExFP I see as more in Self-Protective state when they hit Te and not expanding out and growing.
    Im out, its been fun