First 56789 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I thought this was too obvious to explain. Intuitives see both sides of the story; the Sensor in my example sees only one side.
    Irony.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I was first looking at your avatar befor i noticed the link. I wondered why he was looking down on everyone, why so angry.
    Then i noticed the link. Is it possible for anyone to look at the Eiffel tower without seeing it as phallic, domeneering, and power prooving?
    Really?
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    This is fascinating, because I normally review past conversations, really analyze them. When I am stressed, I can see possibilities for disaster around every corner, and suddenly looking at things with a measured view becomes hard.
    That part about being stressed describes tertiary Ne. And even if you're an ISTJ, analysis suggests that Si is your auxiliary and not your dominant.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Irony.
    Yet if you look in LifeTypes under INTP, we are prone to making statements that such and such is "obvious."

Intuitives also love to point out irony.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    conclusion:
    the real differences between us lie in terms of focus and attentiveness. he is highly present-focused and attuned to the ambient environment. i am highly future-focused and attuned to the conceptual realm.
    we are both imaginative, contemplative, dissatisfied with the status quo, practical (i am e6, after all), linguistically sophisticated, motivated by short-term enjoyment, open to multiple sides of issues, and loyal to our friends.

Everybody daydreams, it depends on the content. Consider someone who daydreams about making more money and achieving success, versus daydreaming about galaxies colliding, or unicorns.
    Daydreaming about galaxies colliding=could be S or N
    Daydreaming about unicorns=could be S or N
    Daydreaming about revolutionary new theory about the collision of galaxies creating unicorns, and supernovas being the only powerful enough explosion to create fairydust=more likely N
    Daydreaming about about making more money and achieving success by getting somewhere with such a theory= more likely N

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    When I'm daydreaming I make up fantasy stories, imagine conversations with people or review past conversations, think about typology, etc. Sometimes I imagine that I'm that in an alternate universe or something and everything around me looks different--suddenly the McDonalds I'm sitting in looks like a futuristic cafe on the edge of a cliff on an alien planet.
    whereas reviewing past conversations comes automatically when I'm under stress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    This is fascinating, because I normally review past conversations, really analyze them. When I am stressed, I can see possibilities for disaster around every corner, and suddenly looking at things with a measured view becomes hard.
    Yep I would say this is a classic difference between Ne/Si and Si/Ne. I'm not sure about the imagining the space cafe thing specifically, as that may happen to anyone who is bored waiting at a McDonalds

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Is it possible for anyone to look at the Eiffel tower without seeing it as phallic, domeneering, and power prooving?
    I was wondering how anyone could possibly automatically see those things in the Eiffel Tower unless they were recently in a literature or sociology course

Maybe because they are sort of value judgements they would come more natural with an Fi influence, and I think of more mechanical things like "if we made the tower out of a stretchier substance it would make the coolest catapult ever"

That part about being stressed describes tertiary Ne. And even if you're an ISTJ, analysis suggests that Si is your auxiliary and not your dominant.
    But isn't the inferior the one that causes the most isssue under stress?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post

Yep I would say this is a classic difference between Ne/Si and Si/Ne. I'm not sure about the imagining the space cafe thing specifically, as that may happen to anyone who is bored waiting at a McDonalds
    There is exactly 0.0% chance that my boss will dream about any such thing while waiting at a McDonald's.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I was wondering how anyone could possibly automatically see those things in the Eiffel Tower unless they were recently in a literature or sociology course

Maybe because they are sort of value judgements they would come more natural with an Fi influence, and I think of more mechanical things like "if we made the tower out of a stretchier substance it would make the coolest catapult ever"
    Eh, I immediately thought of phallic symbolism. I would never think of anything like "if we made the tower out of a stretchier substance it would make the coolest catapult ever" because it sounds like a really lame cutesy joke. I would be obliged to give myself lashings of atonement if I ever said anything like that.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

As a feeling dominant type, I definitely would focus on the aesthetic value first & foremost. What feeling-concept does this evoke, and is it significant?
    There would be an aspect of being aware of what it symbolizes, but I'm unlikely to analyze that as it will feel obvious. The awareness is more likely to quickly become criteria for evaluating it & what it means in terms of impact on people (people in a vague, general sense), which is where most of my thought will focus. The Eiffel tower being a phallic symbol seems irrelevant in this light. It has stronger associations with a romantic view of Paris & what could happen there that will change your life for the better (fall in love, find yourself, become some kind of artist). So to me, it represents a hope & a dream for people now more than fertility, although you could vaguely link those with fertility (new birth, creating something, joining with another person, etc).

In a way, I will see something as its literal, physical state, because that allows me to remove its assigned function/identity and re-imagine a new one for it. I actually thought that was very Ne. The focus is still on what something can become over what it currently is.

The downside to this is that inability to just BE in a moment. There's also often a slight discontent with what exists as improvement & change is constantly being suggested mentally. But I don't miss the aesthetic appeal of things at least. I can definitely be very "ooh, shiny!", but then I'm imagining what it would be like if it were a bit more perfect, or I wonder why it appeals to me & what that means, etc.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    That sounds about right. Imagining alternate realities is something I have to make a conscious effort to do, whereas reviewing past conversations comes automatically when I'm under stress.
    I get flooded with negative past conversations during stress. Every stupid, embarrassing, cringe-worthy thing I said comes back to me. The rest of the time, the past hardly registers. I couldn't recall most of this stuff if I tried, but under stress, I get flooded by it. This of course stresses me out further, which amplifies the flooding, ... --> disaster.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

Quote Originally Posted by strychnine View Post
    I get flooded with negative past conversations during stress. Every stupid, embarrassing, cringe-worthy thing I said comes back to me. The rest of the time, the past hardly registers. I couldn't recall most of this stuff if I tried, but under stress, I get flooded by it. This of course stresses me out further, which amplifies the flooding, ... --> disaster.
    This is exactly how it is for me too. Hmm...if you use Si, wouldn't that make you ENxP? Then you would be Si inferior, which could explain why you say normally the past hardly registers.