User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Everybody daydreams, it depends on the content. Consider someone who daydreams about making more money and achieving success, versus daydreaming about galaxies colliding, or unicorns.
    The more you try to put S/N into words or actions, the more confused it gets.

Everybody daydreams, it depends on the content. Consider someone who daydreams about making more money and achieving success, versus daydreaming about galaxies colliding, or unicorns.
    I was just about to say something similar but you beat me to it.

When I'm daydreaming I make up fantasy stories, imagine conversations with people or review past conversations, think about typology, etc. Sometimes I imagine that I'm that in an alternate universe or something and everything around me looks different--suddenly the McDonalds I'm sitting in looks like a futuristic cafe on the edge of a cliff on an alien planet. (Well, that last part is something I just recently started doing occasionally.)

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I was just about to say something similar but you beat me to it.

When I'm daydreaming I make up fantasy stories, imagine conversations with people or review past conversations, think about typology, etc. Sometimes I imagine that I'm that in an alternate universe or something and everything around me looks different--suddenly the McDonalds I'm sitting in looks like a futuristic cafe on the edge of a cliff on an alien planet. (Well, that last part is something I just recently started doing occasionally.)
    I like to "force" different or unusual realities into being when I'm relaxed, but under stress I go into Si mode and fall back into a negative past history.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

I like to "force" different or unusual realities into being when I'm relaxed, but under stress I go into Si mode and fall back into a negative past history.
    That sounds about right. Imagining alternate realities is something I have to make a conscious effort to do, whereas reviewing past conversations comes automatically when I'm under stress.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    That sounds about right. Imagining alternate realities is something I have to make a conscious effort to do, whereas reviewing past conversations comes automatically when I'm under stress.
    This is fascinating, because I normally review past conversations, really analyze them. When I am stressed, I can see possibilities for disaster around every corner, and suddenly looking at things with a measured view becomes hard.
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    This is fascinating, because I normally review past conversations, really analyze them. When I am stressed, I can see possibilities for disaster around every corner, and suddenly looking at things with a measured view becomes hard.
    Reviewing and analyzing past conversations might be something I normally do, I can't remember. I don't start imagining disasters though, at least not unrealistic ones. I do, however, plan very thoroughly to make sure things don't go wrong. Like for example, when I'm typing up a post, I have to make sure it's perfect and be very careful not to say something I might regret later (because Si is going to make me review it over and over again and find something wrong with what I said ).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Your description of "abstractness" sounds more specifically Ne than Ni, to be honest.

Branching from a single concept into everything it could mean is very akin to the "Ne brainstorming" people often describe.

Ni would be more along the lines of "what if it werent a building, but a ...?"
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I don't daydream about unicorns; I'm not an F. Thinking intuition is very different from feeling intuition. I'm more likely to dream about machines.

I'm really not sure this can be described entirely by any of the dichotomies though, or even function pairs. It's at least partly an individual trait.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    Depends. I can do either. I definitely think about past convos with close friends and family but sometimes it's about future events with them. With unfamiliar people or objects I'm either thinking in and N type mode of what it could be if it wasn't what it was.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

S:
    Concrete
    Realistic Seems more of a T than S trait, tbh
    Prize enjoyment
    Aware of current trends
    Lives in the present
    Often use straight talk
    Aware of surroundings
    Notices details
    Often like crime novels
    Practical
    Factual
    Observation over imagination
    Often content with status quo
    Make things happen
    Loyal to friends
    If American; more likely to be conservative This terminology is troublesome. I think there may be a connection between being a sensor and having a "conservative lifestyle," but you seem to mean it as political left/right. I'm an intuitive, and could generally be considered liberal in my worldview, but identify more with the right than left.

N:
    Future-focused
    Sees possibilities
    Prize inspiration
    Aware of own inspiration
    Introspective about the past This is something which is commonly associated not with either type of intuition, but with Si
    Often use difficult words
    Flighty ideas More Ne than Ni
    Imaginative
    Often dislike crime novels
    Reflects but does not always do Seems more a P than an N trait. I think your usage of intuition has colored your perception of it for everybody else
    Theoretical
    Imagination over observation
    Often restless with status quo
    Contemplate things
    See both sides
    If American; more likely to be liberal True-ish. Same criticism as I gave earlier. I have a generally "liberal" outlook but am not a left-winger.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader