User Tag List

First 12345 Last

When I look at that picture, there is recognition, and a sense of character. I'm an animist. I enjoy imagining inanimate objects having energy, awareness, feelings, etc. It comes natural with things like toys of animals (which is how it began), but is a little more optional with faceless objects. I can regard an object and respect it may have it's own experience, but I don't tend to be aware of that constantly. Upon looking at this picture of the Eiffel tower and examining my reaction/feeling towards it, although having never met it's acquaintance I get a sense of knowing it, and to me, it gives off a sense of being independent and a bit of a day dreamer. If I really think about it, that building has been through so much. It's out all day and night, in all weather. All that time to think.. and all the people who have unknowingly revealed their secrets to it. It's fun to imagine what it would be like to be conscious as that tower. Perhaps I would need a dirtier mind to immediately see it at as phallic lol

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    When I look at that picture, there is recognition, and a sense of character. I'm an animist. I enjoy imagining inanimate objects having energy, awareness, feelings, etc. It comes natural with things like toys of animals (which is how it began), but is a little more optional with faceless objects. I can regard an object and respect it may have it's own experience, but I don't tend to be aware of that constantly. Upon looking at this picture of the Eiffel tower and examining my reaction/feeling towards it, although having never met it's acquaintance I get a sense of knowing it, and to me, it gives off a sense of being independent and a bit of a day dreamer. If I really think about it, that building has been through so much. It's out all day and night, in all weather. All that time to think.. and all the people who have unknowingly revealed their secrets to it. It's fun to imagine what it would be like to be conscious as that tower. Perhaps I would need a dirtier mind to immediately see it at as phallic lol
    Perhaps that last is the N contrast you're looking for. I'm guessing you're an introverted sensor.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

he he... penis
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    phallic associations may be illegal for some Fe doms *g*

thanks for making me think of Ice-T
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Perhaps that last is the N contrast you're looking for.
    I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused as to what you meant or were referring to, my bad I think.. Would you mind rephrasing?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused as to what you meant or were referring to, my bad I think.. Would you mind rephrasing?
    The topic says something about S Vs. N, so if someone (with a dirty mind, no doubt) made the Eiffel Tower out to be phallic, then that would be the Intuitive contrast to a post the mostly concerned S or Si events.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

N:

Future-focused
    Sees possibilities
    Prize inspiration
    Aware of own inspiration
    Introspective about the past
    Often use difficult words
    Flighty ideas
    Imaginative
    Often dislike crime novels (If they focus too much on mundane details)
    Reflects but does not always do
    Theoretical
    Imagination over observation
    Often restless with status quo
    Contemplate things
    See both sides

If American; more likely to be liberal
    Some of the ones for N don't seem right. Shouldn't "introspective about the past" be Si? And I can't imagine anyone would not relate to "contemplate things". And "see both sides" doesn't sound particularly distinguishing either. Under S it said "loyal to friends", which has nothing to do with S/N.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    As usual, this is retarded drivel.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    From what I understand, the correlation between intuition and openness is not solid enough to use them interchangeably. I score pretty high on openness on the big 5 (assuming that's the openness you refer to). It is probably more accurate for distinguishing SJ from non-SJ.
    i don't think this is true, either. i am close with several ESFJs who would probably score high on openness on the big 5. for the record, all are college-educated liberals.

but then, i make it no secret that i strongly dislike the big 5 for its obvious "correct" answers.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

by the way... I had a MUCH better thread on S v N

I do believe that three toed hippopotamuses and soup were even mentioned in it!