User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I do think that the possibility to type by body language and facial expression exists.. however, so very many variables that its not good enough to rely on. I have observed 6 unique ESFJ's use the same eye contact, body language, tones, and facial expressions. Fucking uncanny. I could try to verbalize all the ques i've picked up on by type.. but I'm just not talented enough to articulate it correctly. Absolutely believe it could be done though.. with a perceptive enough observer.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Raising left eyebrow = T
    This is how I typed myself with ease, I'm so T that it takes effort to keep my left eyebrow where it should be!

curiouser and curiouser bluestripes's Avatar
    MBTI
    Fi
    Enneagram

for me, hand gestures are mostly acquired. as a child, i seem to have been quite vivacious, energetic and outgoing (or socially curious), but i never gestured. not sure why. then, sometime in my mid teens, i started to observe others more and noticed that they moved their hands when they spoke. so i started to imitate them and tried to develop the sense of my body and internal state which i felt would be necessary for this. by now, i think it has become fairly good, and i use hand gestures most of the time. they are rounded, soft, sometimes a bit too broad. however, the more i feel drained, tense or disconnected from my body, the more they tend to become sharp, choppy and unfinished, not fully formed somehow, and then eventually disappear. i can also "forget" about them when i am too excited over something.

but: i am sure there are many people who share my type, be it INFP or INTP, and find hand gesturing much more natural.
    "i love deadlines. i like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." (c) douglas adams

"there are only two ways to live your life. one is as though nothing is a miracle. the other is as though everything is a miracle." (c) albert einstein

"if only i could grow with my eyes - like these leaves - into the depth" (c) sergei esenin

"god is in the details" (c) proverb

hm i learned raising my eyebrows very late in life. figure, that might indicate P-dom then.

braintypes.com correlates types with things like fine or gross motor skills.
    don't know how those show up in body language....

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

sure why not, but i believe in the useful construct of chakras, so who am i to talk?

i guess, going off of jung (and his books on kundalini yoga), maybe that's not as heretical and ridiculous around these parts. i only wish jung were less dismissive of gurdjieff, because we might have had a comprehensive theory of the psyche including both cognitive and affective aspects if they were better synthesized.

anyway, i'd say 40-60% of my overall typing import is based on the body. gestures, facial expressions, eye movements, walk, presence, vocal inflections, etc. you try to just feel out where they're at. next come the questions to test your predictions and systematically cross-cancel possibilities.

also, mirror neurons are cool. maybe a big part of the social adhesive we call Fe. and, to be fair, many theories of how language originated begin with mirror neurons and gestural communication (to predict intentionality and teach tool usage and promote deictic signalling, which sadly my roommate's cat just doesn't seem to understand).

MBTI
    INTJ

I think only ESTPs can roll their tongue. Something about The Se Ti order, I heard.

I have very restrained and kinda awkward body language but I tend to talk with my hands and have an animated face, I don't really know what that means.

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Socionics
    LIE

Roll your tongue in which manner; rolling your r's as in Spanish and Russia or curling it? Because I cannot curl my tongue and ..am an ESTP.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp

I can curl my tongue. Certainly not an ESTP, though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Enneagrams maybe, but not MBTI. 5s are tense, unkempt people. 3s take a lot of care for appearance. 8s are often bigger people (not necessarily fat :p), wearing comfortable clothing. 4s surround themselves with cutesy/artistic stuff. 7s are practical trend ferrets. 2s wear their emotions on their face. 6s are normal people, often hard to pick out. 1s dress formally, or in plain clothing, 9s are meek softies, easy to spot in winter.

Then just associate those types to their common MBTI correlations.
    5 3 9