MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default For Those Who Questioned THIS

... I just noticed that PersonalityCafe lists the ISTP as "The Mechanic."

And here I am on this forum, calling them motorcycle mechanics. And then I'm being taken literally, as if there was no such thing as a metaphor; as if there were no such things as ideas in the mind - and this forum should stop calling the SJ "The Guardian" and the SP "The Artist." We should just stop making up titles for things because it doesn't conform to reality, and you just never know when an ISTP might complain that he rides motorcycles but he doesn't fix them.

It is interesting however to view the conflicts between types: the Sensors who don't like ideas and the Feelers who are afraid of reducing people to letters.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

garbage

You list three MBTI types and two Jungian functions in your profile. Which is your type? If you can't give one answer, can you simplify and constrain a bit further until you arrive at one? If you can do so, why list more than one?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    You list three MBTI types and two Jungian functions in your profile. Which is your type? If you can't give one answer, can you simplify and constrain a bit further until you arrive at one? If you can do so, why list more than one?
    The signature types are from the cognitive functions test that gives three options. INTP was the first option and it was the correct one. But I don't discount the fact that I have other preferences that aren't as strong (or "developed"). I find it interesting that when I go on vacation and take the test, ISTJ (third option) is swapped for INFP.

TiSi is simply my dominant and tertiary.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    The signature types are from the cognitive functions test that gives three options. INTP was the first option and it was the correct one. But I don't discount the fact that I have other preferences that aren't as strong (or "developed"). I find it interesting that when I go on vacation and take the test, ISTJ (third option) is swapped for INFP.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post

You really dont seem like INTP, either ISTP, INTJ or ISTJ
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    You really dont seem like INTP, either ISTP, INTJ or ISTJ
    That's because you're doing it wrong.

Look for groups of stereotypical words that I often use, such as "interesting," "probably," "perhaps," and another one that I use IRL a lot, "I guess" (you wouldn't know that, of course). I tend to avoid using J-decisive words. Those who think I come off strong on this forum aren't looking very hard but are oversimplifying on the basis of one or two things, such as when something is so just obvious that I simply can't understand the point of disagreement.

For example, it should be obvious that I am not literally saying that all ISTPs are motorcycle mechanics or skateboarders, that would be preposterous, especially for someone such as myself who has published articles on typology. If I was that bad (and nobody is that bad) then why would I get published? Even if the readership was only about 1,000 mail-order subscribers, no publisher would put themselves to shame publishing an article from someone who believes that about the ISTP, or let's say, that all type 5s are like Ted Kaczynski or that all type 6s are like Adolph Hitler. In that case it's a wonder I even graduated from kindergarten, much less published complex articles on typology.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Look for groups of stereotypical words that I often use, such as "interesting," "probably," "perhaps," and another one that I use IRL a lot, "I guess" (you wouldn't know that, of course). I tend to avoid using J-decisive words. Those who think I come off strong on this forum aren't looking very hard but are oversimplifying on the basis of one or two things, such as when something is so just obvious that I simply can't understand the point of disagreement.

For example, it should be obvious that I am not literally saying that all ISTPs are motorcycle mechanics or skateboarders, that would be preposterous, especially for someone such as myself who has published articles on typology. If I was that bad (and nobody is that bad) then why would I get published? Even if the readership was only about 1,000 mail-order subscribers, no publisher would put themselves to shame publishing an article from someone who believes that about the ISTP, or let's say, that all type 5s are like Ted Kaczynski or that all type 6s are like Adolph Hitler. In that case it's a wonder I even graduated from kindergarten, much less published complex articles on typology.
    Links?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Consider the traits of the INTP also, and not just the preferences, particularly the function preferences. I often think about experiences such as the following one. Two of my boss's daughters, a couple of blandly obedient SJ types, are now working in an office where I work. I was chatting with one of them about books and she rattled off some common and popular authors, such as Stephen King. Then she asked me for an author I like to read and I said, Stephen R. Donaldson. I got no response, the conversation ended. It's as if any author, or anything, outside of this mental SJ framework simply doesn't exist.

Now consider the following from LifeTypes: "Generally [they always say "generally" or "usually" to avoid stereotyping], INTPs have little desire to read 'best-sellers,' probably because they look skeptically at public or majority opinions. They prefer to trust their own judgments."

Hah. Well, I am very critical of public opinion...

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Links?
    To my articles? The back magazines are for sale. You would then have to decide, not knowing my real name, which magazines I was published in. The publication was called "The Enneagram Monthly."

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Wtf

You are sooooo off you got no idea
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read