• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

For Those Who Questioned THIS

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There may be a point of contrast between me and Mr. INTP, however. While I have pursued philosophy to the ends of the earth merely for its own sake, my interest in psychology has always been practical, like Bruce Lee. Certainly, typology can be an aimless pursuit, but I've used it in daily life too. I suspect, on the other hand, that Mr. INTP is just playing with psychology, and is not into any of its practical employment.

A

Anew Leaf

No, but if you looked at, say, a list of typical ISTP careers, you would say that an ISTP that did not care for those types of jobs would be highly unusual.

I don't know why I have to answer this same type of question every day here.

I have a couple ISTP friends and none of them work on motorcycles for their job. One is a nurse and the other is an accountant. Cray cray but true! They enjoy dabbling in mechanical things on the side, but that is not their primary focus.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a couple ISTP friends and none of them work on motorcycles for their job. One is a nurse and the other is an accountant. Cray cray but true! They enjoy dabbling in mechanical things on the side, but that is not their primary focus.

I don't want an ISTP to be my nurse! I ONLY want an Fe to be my nurse.

Don't you think I realize that all kinds of types may inhabit the same profession?

On the other hand, more types tend to go for certain careers. Is this not obvious? Isn't this a matter for the pollsters to determine like they do with other obvious points?

Can we move on to something interesting?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I have posts where I have gone on endlessly and with extreme dryness, particularly on the topics of philosophy and Immanuel Kant.

Proof positive! There's proof here, people!

A

Anew Leaf

I don't want an ISTP to be my nurse! I ONLY want an Fe to be my nurse.

Don't you think I realize that all kinds of types may inhabit the same profession?

On the other hand, more types tend to go for certain careers. Is this not obvious? Isn't this a matter for the pollsters to determine like they do with other obvious points?

Can we move on to something interesting?

But an ISTP has Fe.... so.... ? :huh:

A

Anew Leaf

So? I have Ne, only its kind of low right now, with Si moving up to take its place.

Well, I was pointing that out since you declared you only wanted a nurse who has Fe... and it sounded like an oxymoron.

My Ti and Te are pretty low, as well as my blood sugar. I just want to make sure all the facts are represented adequately here since your Ti is much better than mine.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I was pointing that out since you declared you only wanted a nurse who has Fe... and it sounded like an oxymoron.

My Ti and Te are pretty low, as well as my blood sugar. I just want to make sure all the facts are represented adequately here since your Ti is much better than mine.

Geez, I meant Fe-dom. Why am I being put through the logic wringer? That's my job, not yours.

My Ti is "better" than yours? What does that mean? Your statement possesses no reality. It's the kind of thing that makes me want to avoid function talk. Are you saying that I am better at, oh, logic, than you are? Or am I better at nit-picking than you are?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Like what?

Sigh. Ok, here's a challenge for you. If you want proof, find my thousands of posts on other forums across the interwebs. Look in Kant forums, Rand forums. I like to go to Rand forums and give those Kant haters a run for their money. :D

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Sigh. Ok, here's a challenge for you. If you want proof, find my thousands of posts on other forums across the interwebs. Look in Kant forums, Rand forums. I like to go to Rand forums and give those Kant haters a run for their money. :D

LOL you missed the point.

A

Anew Leaf

Geez, I meant Fe-dom. Why am I being put through the logic wringer? That's my job, not yours.

My Ti is "better" than yours? What does that mean? Your statement possesses no reality. It's the kind of thing that makes me want to avoid function talk. Are you saying that I am better at, oh, logic, than you are? Or am I better at nit-picking than you are?

I'm just trying for accuracy here! I saw your exposition on older INTPs spending their nitpicking time cultivating guppies, and since you did not say that you yourself was cultivating guppies, I was concerned that I wouldn't be logical enough, which would render any post I create automatically useless as declared by the Ti laws of 1936 and therefore I would look like quite the fool.

Well, if you are an INTP, and if I am not an INTP or an ISTP, then it seems that it would logically follow that your Ti skillz would be more l33t than my Ti skillz. If you wish to substitute the word "logic" in place of Ti, that isn't entirely accurate as your are forgetting about Te, which I possess with some small skillset.

But all in all you may be better at nit picking than me, I am not sure yet. Query: do mismatched socks bother you? My INTP dad hates it when my socks don't match and I assume that this is a Ti trait based on the facts presented herein.

A

Anew Leaf

Hahaha, that's straight-up Si!

You're so smart.

Hmm, interesting. My INFJ friend is also bothered by mismatched socks as well, and since she is mid-40's and sort of dipping a toe in the frigid waters of Ti, I thought perhaps that was linked.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm just trying for accuracy here! I saw your exposition on older INTPs spending their nitpicking time cultivating guppies, and since you did not say that you yourself was cultivating guppies, I was concerned that I wouldn't be logical enough, which would render any post I create automatically useless as declared by the Ti laws of 1936 and therefore I would look like quite the fool.

Well, if you are an INTP, and if I am not an INTP or an ISTP, then it seems that it would logically follow that your Ti skillz would be more l33t than my Ti skillz. If you wish to substitute the word "logic" in place of Ti, that isn't entirely accurate as your are forgetting about Te, which I possess with some small skillset.

But all in all you may be better at nit picking than me, I am not sure yet. Query: do mismatched socks bother you? My INTP dad hates it when my socks don't match and I assume that this is a Ti trait based on the facts presented herein.

The older I get, the less I care about mismatched socks. On the other hand, the younger I was the less I cared about appearances. Schizotypals don't concern themselves with fashion statements. But that's not the question. The question is not how the INTP dresses, but some concern with the way others dress. I don't have any data on this. There is no data on this. It sounds like a Te trait, or let's just call it Je in general.

A

Anew Leaf

The older I get, the less I care about mismatched socks. On the other hand, the younger I was the less I cared about appearances. Schizotypals don't concern themselves with fashion statements. But that's not the question. The question is not how the INTP dresses, but some concern with the way others dress. I don't have any data on this. There is no data on this. It sounds like a Te trait, or let's just call it Je in general.

Actually the question was "do mismatched socks bother you?" not "what fashion statements did you make as an INTP through the decades?" :D

Query 2: How old are you?

Evidence suggests you may be younger than you are hinting at since age can occasionally be relative, and also the fact that your location is "your mom."

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually the question was "do mismatched socks bother you?" not "what fashion statements did you make as an INTP through the decades?" :D

Query 2: How old are you?

Evidence suggests you may be younger than you are hinting at since age can occasionally be relative, and also the fact that your location is "your mom."

You didn't read the entire thing. I ended by talking about the topic of socks. Please look again. Also consider the fact that if I digressed then that is an intuitive communication style. It's something I normally try to contain and get control over because everybody calls me on this and that as if I was being graded on a doctoral thesis.