• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

For Those Who Questioned THIS

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
... I just noticed that PersonalityCafe lists the ISTP as "The Mechanic."

And here I am on this forum, calling them motorcycle mechanics. And then I'm being taken literally, as if there was no such thing as a metaphor; as if there were no such things as ideas in the mind - and this forum should stop calling the SJ "The Guardian" and the SP "The Artist." We should just stop making up titles for things because it doesn't conform to reality, and you just never know when an ISTP might complain that he rides motorcycles but he doesn't fix them.

It is interesting however to view the conflicts between types: the Sensors who don't like ideas and the Feelers who are afraid of reducing people to letters.

G

garbage

You list three MBTI types and two Jungian functions in your profile. Which is your type? If you can't give one answer, can you simplify and constrain a bit further until you arrive at one? If you can do so, why list more than one?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You list three MBTI types and two Jungian functions in your profile. Which is your type? If you can't give one answer, can you simplify and constrain a bit further until you arrive at one? If you can do so, why list more than one?

The signature types are from the cognitive functions test that gives three options. INTP was the first option and it was the correct one. But I don't discount the fact that I have other preferences that aren't as strong (or "developed"). I find it interesting that when I go on vacation and take the test, ISTJ (third option) is swapped for INFP.

TiSi is simply my dominant and tertiary.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

The signature types are from the cognitive functions test that gives three options. INTP was the first option and it was the correct one. But I don't discount the fact that I have other preferences that aren't as strong (or "developed"). I find it interesting that when I go on vacation and take the test, ISTJ (third option) is swapped for INFP.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

You really dont seem like INTP, either ISTP, INTJ or ISTJ

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You really dont seem like INTP, either ISTP, INTJ or ISTJ

That's because you're doing it wrong. :doh:

Look for groups of stereotypical words that I often use, such as "interesting," "probably," "perhaps," and another one that I use IRL a lot, "I guess" (you wouldn't know that, of course). I tend to avoid using J-decisive words. Those who think I come off strong on this forum aren't looking very hard but are oversimplifying on the basis of one or two things, such as when something is so just obvious that I simply can't understand the point of disagreement.

For example, it should be obvious that I am not literally saying that all ISTPs are motorcycle mechanics or skateboarders, that would be preposterous, especially for someone such as myself who has published articles on typology. If I was that bad (and nobody is that bad) then why would I get published? Even if the readership was only about 1,000 mail-order subscribers, no publisher would put themselves to shame publishing an article from someone who believes that about the ISTP, or let's say, that all type 5s are like Ted Kaczynski or that all type 6s are like Adolph Hitler. In that case it's a wonder I even graduated from kindergarten, much less published complex articles on typology.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

Look for groups of stereotypical words that I often use, such as "interesting," "probably," "perhaps," and another one that I use IRL a lot, "I guess" (you wouldn't know that, of course). I tend to avoid using J-decisive words. Those who think I come off strong on this forum aren't looking very hard but are oversimplifying on the basis of one or two things, such as when something is so just obvious that I simply can't understand the point of disagreement.

For example, it should be obvious that I am not literally saying that all ISTPs are motorcycle mechanics or skateboarders, that would be preposterous, especially for someone such as myself who has published articles on typology. If I was that bad (and nobody is that bad) then why would I get published? Even if the readership was only about 1,000 mail-order subscribers, no publisher would put themselves to shame publishing an article from someone who believes that about the ISTP, or let's say, that all type 5s are like Ted Kaczynski or that all type 6s are like Adolph Hitler. In that case it's a wonder I even graduated from kindergarten, much less published complex articles on typology.

Links?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Consider the traits of the INTP also, and not just the preferences, particularly the function preferences. I often think about experiences such as the following one. Two of my boss's daughters, a couple of blandly obedient SJ types, are now working in an office where I work. I was chatting with one of them about books and she rattled off some common and popular authors, such as Stephen King. Then she asked me for an author I like to read and I said, Stephen R. Donaldson. I got no response, the conversation ended. It's as if any author, or anything, outside of this mental SJ framework simply doesn't exist.

Now consider the following from LifeTypes: "Generally [they always say "generally" or "usually" to avoid stereotyping], INTPs have little desire to read 'best-sellers,' probably because they look skeptically at public or majority opinions. They prefer to trust their own judgments."

Hah. Well, I am very critical of public opinion...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

To my articles? The back magazines are for sale. You would then have to decide, not knowing my real name, which magazines I was published in. The publication was called "The Enneagram Monthly."

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

Wtf :D

You are sooooo off you got no idea

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
To my articles? The back magazines are for sale. You would then have to decide, not knowing my real name, which magazines I was published in. The publication was called "The Enneagram Monthly."

Damn.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wtf :D

You are sooooo off you got no idea

I'll admit that I am off JCF for good. I've seen nothing less than confusion resulting from it.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'll admit that I am off JCF for good. I've seen nothing less than confusion resulting from it.

Confusion arises from not being able to understand the external things in the framework of internal things and not being able to adopt a new framework. Because your internal framework is so off, its no wonder you get confused.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Confusion arises from not being able to understand the external things in the framework of internal things and not being able to adopt a new framework. Because your internal framework is so off, its no wonder you get confused.

There are no external things in the framework.

I'm not talking about my own confusion. I learned the system, and watched as others fuddled around trying to type themselves with it, to no avail. And then there was this hysterical nonsense about Jung being an ISTP and Hitler being an INFJ.

Something is wrong here. And it's not me. It's not anybody really. It's the framework.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
There are no external things in the framework.

I'm not talking about my own confusion. I learned the system, and watched as others fuddled around trying to type themselves with it, to no avail. And then there was this hysterical nonsense about Jung being an ISTP and Hitler being an INFJ.

Something is wrong here. And it's not me. It's not anybody really. It's the framework.

I watched an 2 year old playing drums once and from that i knew that playing drums is retarted and drumming doesent make any sense.

You really dont think like an INTP, not sure if its Se or Te that makes you say stupid things.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I watched an 2 year old playing drums once and from that i knew that playing drums is retarted and drumming doesent make any sense.

You really dont think like an INTP, not sure if its Se or Te that makes you say stupid things.

That kind of speech won't get you very far. And nothing makes me say anything. But if you want to analyze me, you won't get very far using JCF. I'll simply be amused, and not insulting, by your efforts at it.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
That kind of speech won't get you very far. And nothing makes me say anything. But if you want to analyze me, you won't get very far using JCF. I'll simply be amused, and not insulting, by your efforts at it.

You only say that because you got no idea how far off you are.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You only say that because you got no idea how far off you are.

However, you must admit that at the moment I am being very lenient with you.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
However, you must admit that at the moment I am being very lenient with you.

Sorry i cant, i dont know what lenient means and i cba to google

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry i cant, i dont know what lenient means and i cba to google

In my address bar I simply type in define:lenient. The top definition states, "Permissive, merciful, or tolerant."