User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 112

  1. #61
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    There may be a point of contrast between me and Mr. INTP, however. While I have pursued philosophy to the ends of the earth merely for its own sake, my interest in psychology has always been practical, like Bruce Lee. Certainly, typology can be an aimless pursuit, but I've used it in daily life too. I suspect, on the other hand, that Mr. INTP is just playing with psychology, and is not into any of its practical employment.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #62
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    No, but if you looked at, say, a list of typical ISTP careers, you would say that an ISTP that did not care for those types of jobs would be highly unusual.

    I don't know why I have to answer this same type of question every day here.
    I have a couple ISTP friends and none of them work on motorcycles for their job. One is a nurse and the other is an accountant. Cray cray but true! They enjoy dabbling in mechanical things on the side, but that is not their primary focus.

  3. #63
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I have a couple ISTP friends and none of them work on motorcycles for their job. One is a nurse and the other is an accountant. Cray cray but true! They enjoy dabbling in mechanical things on the side, but that is not their primary focus.
    I don't want an ISTP to be my nurse! I ONLY want an Fe to be my nurse.

    Don't you think I realize that all kinds of types may inhabit the same profession?

    On the other hand, more types tend to go for certain careers. Is this not obvious? Isn't this a matter for the pollsters to determine like they do with other obvious points?

    Can we move on to something interesting?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #64
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I have posts where I have gone on endlessly and with extreme dryness, particularly on the topics of philosophy and Immanuel Kant.
    Proof positive! There's proof here, people!
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  5. #65
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I don't want an ISTP to be my nurse! I ONLY want an Fe to be my nurse.

    Don't you think I realize that all kinds of types may inhabit the same profession?

    On the other hand, more types tend to go for certain careers. Is this not obvious? Isn't this a matter for the pollsters to determine like they do with other obvious points?

    Can we move on to something interesting?
    But an ISTP has Fe.... so.... ?

  6. #66
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Proof positive! There's proof here, people!
    You always say things like that. Lather rinse repeat... Lather rinse repeat...
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #67
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    But an ISTP has Fe.... so.... ?
    So? I have Ne, only its kind of low right now, with Si moving up to take its place.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #68
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    So? I have Ne, only its kind of low right now, with Si moving up to take its place.
    Well, I was pointing that out since you declared you only wanted a nurse who has Fe... and it sounded like an oxymoron.

    My Ti and Te are pretty low, as well as my blood sugar. I just want to make sure all the facts are represented adequately here since your Ti is much better than mine.

  9. #69
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    You always say things like that. Lather rinse repeat... Lather rinse repeat...
    Like what?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  10. #70
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Well, I was pointing that out since you declared you only wanted a nurse who has Fe... and it sounded like an oxymoron.

    My Ti and Te are pretty low, as well as my blood sugar. I just want to make sure all the facts are represented adequately here since your Ti is much better than mine.
    Geez, I meant Fe-dom. Why am I being put through the logic wringer? That's my job, not yours.

    My Ti is "better" than yours? What does that mean? Your statement possesses no reality. It's the kind of thing that makes me want to avoid function talk. Are you saying that I am better at, oh, logic, than you are? Or am I better at nit-picking than you are?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. Questions for those who are completely SURE of their type
    By Such Irony in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-15-2013, 11:49 PM
  2. This one is for those who like RPGs and MMORPGs...
    By IceBlock in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2012, 03:10 PM
  3. Question for those who oppose same-sex marriage on religious grounds:
    By Brendan in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 05-05-2010, 09:32 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-25-2009, 03:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO