First 45678 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I'm guessing one has functions ok but low iq and a lot of spare time.
    135 IQ here, and I put in 90-100 hours every two weeks at work.

Edit - Ti/Si loop, yes obviously, look below my avatar.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    What do you mean by fruitful?
    hahaha, Ne! apples to apples... fruitful.... bazinga.

Anew Leaf

Then the question is, why do I disidentify with the ISTP so much? Because, as I have said, they are often mechanics, or they like to ride motorcycles, many things like that differ. I can't get into the standard ISTP types of careers and hobbies. I am sharply contrasting a completely different ISTP lifestyle with my own INTP lifestyle. I don't like mechanical things, I like complex ideas and systems. A mechanical thing is a Sensor thing; an idea or system, particularly of philosophy and the like, is an Intuitive thing.

So, in this case, I have decided that if you want to compare Mr. INTP to my claim to being an INTP, then it is in his enjoyment of Jung in sharp comparison to my enjoyment of Kant which NEVER comes through on this forum.
    Soooo are you saying that iStp's can't do things that don't revolve around motorcycles?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    hahaha, Ne! apples to apples... fruitful.... bazinga.
    Oh ok, that's nice, because I score crappy Ne on function tests, which means my Si tertiary tends to come to the fore.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Soooo are you saying that iStp's can't do things that don't revolve around motorcycles?
    No, but if you looked at, say, a list of typical ISTP careers, you would say that an ISTP that did not care for those types of jobs would be highly unusual.

I don't know why I have to answer this same type of question every day here.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

This was just posted by someone on another forum: "To imply that ENFPs can't think rationally is incorrect. There are no such things as Thinkers or Feelers - all the types are thinkers and feelers to some degree."

Duh. However, the idea is to determine one's range of preferences. As a low Fe user as I am, and knowing this, you would not consider coming to me with your emotional problems. Not unless you want someone to just stand there listening like a stick of wood with ears and saying "uh huh" instead of giving you a big Fe hug and being all supportive.

Come on people! Typology IS about reality, it's not about some wishy-washy "one world, one love - one personality" mumbo-jumbo.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Oh by the way, I am constantly amused by how that particular poster continues to worry about her type, and calls herself ENFP or ENTP, etc, but then says there are no such things as Thinkers and Feelers? Then why all the bother with self-type?

Permabanned

Then the question is, why do I disidentify with the ISTP so much? Because, as I have said, they are often mechanics, or they like to ride motorcycles, many things like that differ. I can't get into the standard ISTP types of careers and hobbies. I am sharply contrasting a completely different ISTP lifestyle with my own INTP lifestyle. I don't like mechanical things, I like complex ideas and systems. A mechanical thing is a Sensor thing; an idea or system, particularly of philosophy and the like, is an Intuitive thing.

So, in this case, I have decided that if you want to compare Mr. INTP to my claim to being an INTP, then it is in his enjoyment of Jung in sharp comparison to my enjoyment of Kant which NEVER comes through on this forum.
    Not everything about an ISTP has to do with mechanics there are many ISTPS that are also into philosophy. For the ISTP philosophy has alot to do with how it benefits their daily lifestyle and how it could be put to good use. Bruce Lee is a good example. There are plenty XSTP types who are engineers.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Not everything about an ISTP has to do with mechanics there are many ISTPS that are also into philosophy. For the ISTP philosophy has alot to do with how it benefits their daily lifestyle and how it could be put to good use. Bruce Lee is a good example.
    That's interesting, thanks. I know that. And by contrast (since my type seems to be of interest here lately), I am not interested in its practical effects. I freely pursue such matters for their own sake.

Anew Leaf

This was just posted by someone on another forum: "To imply that ENFPs can't think rationally is incorrect. There are no such things as Thinkers or Feelers - all the types are thinkers and feelers to some degree."

Duh. However, the idea is to determine one's range of preferences. As a low Fe user as I am, and knowing this, you would not consider coming to me with your emotional problems. Not unless you want someone to just stand there listening like a stick of wood with ears and saying "uh huh" instead of giving you a big Fe hug and being all supportive.

Come on people! Typology IS about reality, it's not about some wishy-washy "one world, one love - one personality" mumbo-jumbo.
    Hmm, but you yourself said that you score low on the Ne, so how would that make you an INTP? Ne is one of their hallmarks being that it is their "go to" function for dealing with most people externally? It also helps to feed their Ti with possibilities to think over and ponder.

Could it be, perhaps, that you are actually a repressed ESFJ? Being that you are an older male?