User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    God.. this thread turned to total hell in a hurry..
    Are you kidding me? I'm laughing so hard, I have tears in my eyes.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I did most of this testing when "identity" was an issue for me, a couple decades ago. It is no longer an issue. I created my signature based on what others are doing with their sigs around here.
    Why do you think these others do it?

Well, you have accomplished what Mr. INTP himself failed to accomplish. You have managed to confuse me.
    "Don Quixote" is an alternate label for the ILE type in Socionics. Don Quixote is a fictional character. The point is that

yeah, nevermind

I mean, you kind of expressed the potential danger in stereotypes yourself, like, just now.
    Trying to tear me down might have the ability to make you feel better, somehow, if that's even possible. I could just analyze you and say it's just your "demon Fe" or whatever. Your attempts to poke me with your JCF and draw out motives and emotions that don't exist are laughable.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Why do you think these others do it?

"Don Quixote" is an alternate label for the ILE type in Socionics. Don Quixote is a fictional character. The point is that

yeah, nevermind

I mean, you kind of expressed the potential danger in stereotypes yourself, like, just now.
    I shall try to toe the PC line better in the future.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Anew Leaf

I don't think either @INTP or @mal12345 can both be INTPs. They are so dissimilar with absolutely nothing in common. Clearly only one can be the INTP winner here.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I don't think either @INTP or @mal12345 can both be INTPs. They are so dissimilar with absolutely nothing in common. Clearly only one can be the INTP winner here.
    I am older and have developed some different functions over time. Tertiary Si, as in my case, supposedly begins to develop during the 30s.

Also, if you're going by only this one thread's tiny sampling (or even more of the same stuff on this forum), I have thousands of posts on other forums going back to 1998 that may not even sound like the same person as I am today on this forum. I have posts where I have gone on endlessly and with extreme dryness, particularly on the topics of philosophy and Immanuel Kant.

garbage

I shall try to toe the PC line better in the future.
    What are you talking about? Do you think I'm offended? All I did was (a) explain the Socionics analogy and (b) express your own argument against stereotyping.

I think that (b) deserves to be reconciled with the opinion expressed in the OP.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

What are you talking about? Do you think I'm offended? All I did was explain the Socionics analogy and express your own argument against stereotyping.
    I don't know if you're offended. But didn't you say I was stereotyping? I didn't see how I was, but if you say I was, then ok. I'll toe the line better next time.

Anew Leaf

I am older and have developed some different functions over time. Tertiary Si, as in my case, supposedly begins to develop during the 30s.

Also, if you're going by only this one thread's tiny sampling (or even more of the same stuff on this forum), I have thousands of posts on other forums going back to 1998 that may not even sound like the same person as I am today on this forum. I have posts where I have gone on endlessly and with extreme dryness, particularly on the topics of philosophy and Immanuel Kant.
    hmm, would it be possible to have some samples of your earlier postings so that we can compare them to INTP's current style? I think @INTP is in his early 20's, but I am not positive.

garbage

I don't know if you're offended. But didn't you say I was stereotyping? I didn't see how I was, but if you say I was, then ok. I'll toe the line better next time.
    OK, maybe my point wasn't clear. My point was that you were against another member's potential for typology-based stereotyping, not that you were stereotyping. You outlined a potential strategy for someone to use typology to stereotype against you, which is presumably a bad thing.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    hmm, would it be possible to have some samples of your earlier postings so that we can compare them to INTP's current style? I think @INTP is in his early 20's, but I am not positive.
    Indeed, I can identify with some of the thinking styles of the younger ones here. The optimism in being able to type someone with great almost automatic rapidity - that was me back in the early days. The INTP dogmatism, same thing, I found it is something that needs to be outgrown. If you care to, read the following on the INTP:

"As INTPs mature, they continue their quest for logical purity, but now it includes more balance in their activities. An INTP professor, well established in his career, balanced his life with hobbies that were intense and adventuresome. In the space of five years, he was involved in motorcycling, snowmobiling, cultivating tropical fish, setting up a state-of-the-art stereo system, sailing..."