User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default What types don't have passions/strong interests?

I have a couple of friends who have bemoaned the fact that they don't have any passions - you know, like some people just love collecting, or running, or traveling, etc.

Are there certain types that tend to be middle of the road about everything?

ReflecTcelfeR

I felt this way when I was depressed.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Te and Ti doms maybe?

In all honesty I can't think of any type that would be by nature dispassionate.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Te and Ti doms maybe?
    Lol no. Isnt Ti doms(atleast INTPs) aspies by definition? And isnt the main thing about aspengers that they have few very strong interests to which they are very passionate about?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

how much do you have to like something before it becomes a "passion"? I like doing lots of things. Not sure I would say I'm "passionate" about any inanimate thing or activity.
    -end of thread-

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Te and Ti doms maybe?

In all honesty I can't think of any type that would be by nature dispassionate.
    Your second sentence is right. Think of any random ISTP kid who spends hours shooting a basketball or skateboarding..hell, even in the rain (or insert _whatever activity_). An INTP otoh could get similarly obsessed about working out a model for some issue or problem.

People who are middle of the road just haven't found a niche or hobby to keep them interested. I've never met anyone like that, but it sounds bad. It's strange enough when I run into someone who isn't even that passionate about one thing that's usually universal. Music. They'd have to be extra boring if they were like that about everything.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Lol no. Isnt Ti doms(atleast INTPs) aspies by definition? And isnt the main thing about aspengers that they have few very strong interests to which they are very passionate about?
    I wouldn't say that Ti doms are synonyms with those with aspergers, but yes Ti doms can be passionately interesting in certain activities (or even romantic passions for that matter).

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Your second sentence is right. Think of any random ISTP kid who spends hours shooting a basketball or skateboarding..hell, even in the rain (or insert _whatever activity_). An INTP otoh could get similarly obsessed about working out a model for some issue or problem.

People who are middle of the road just haven't found a niche or hobby to keep them interested. I've never met anyone like that, but it sounds bad. It's strange enough when I run into someone who isn't even that passionate about one thing that's usually universal. Music. They'd have to be extra boring if they were like that about everything.
    Yep, I've known ITP's back in my high school who were very interesting and absorbed into certain hobbies and stuff; never met one who wasn't.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

ESTJs are so busy trying to control everything that they easily forget about hobbies.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I know an ESTJ who collects so much shit that he has multiple cabinets in his house to hold it all. Over the years, he has changed from knives to guns, and has always collected tequila (I guess, since he was old enough to). He also collects movies. And yes, I would call it passionate. So passionate that in his old apartment, there were piles of shit everywhere to the point where there was only a small path with which to maneuver through it. His entire living room now is overtaken with tequila bottles.

I think any type can be passionate about a hobby.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

This would be a great "types and interests" thread. I can't think of a type with no passions, so it would be fun to list what I think the passions of different types could be. I would make a list now but I'm afraid it would make me late for work.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.