• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What types don't have passions/strong interests?

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I have a couple of friends who have bemoaned the fact that they don't have any passions - you know, like some people just love collecting, or running, or traveling, etc.

Are there certain types that tend to be middle of the road about everything?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Te and Ti doms maybe? :thinking:

In all honesty I can't think of any type that would be by nature dispassionate. :shrug:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

Lol no. Isnt Ti doms(atleast INTPs) aspies by definition? And isnt the main thing about aspengers that they have few very strong interests to which they are very passionate about?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
how much do you have to like something before it becomes a "passion"? I like doing lots of things. Not sure I would say I'm "passionate" about any inanimate thing or activity.

KDude

In all honesty I can't think of any type that would be by nature dispassionate. :shrug:

Your second sentence is right. Think of any random ISTP kid who spends hours shooting a basketball or skateboarding..hell, even in the rain (or insert _whatever activity_). An INTP otoh could get similarly obsessed about working out a model for some issue or problem.

People who are middle of the road just haven't found a niche or hobby to keep them interested. I've never met anyone like that, but it sounds bad. It's strange enough when I run into someone who isn't even that passionate about one thing that's usually universal. Music. They'd have to be extra boring if they were like that about everything.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lol no. Isnt Ti doms(atleast INTPs) aspies by definition? And isnt the main thing about aspengers that they have few very strong interests to which they are very passionate about?

I wouldn't say that Ti doms are synonyms with those with aspergers, but yes Ti doms can be passionately interesting in certain activities (or even romantic passions for that matter).

Your second sentence is right. Think of any random ISTP kid who spends hours shooting a basketball or skateboarding..hell, even in the rain (or insert _whatever activity_). An INTP otoh could get similarly obsessed about working out a model for some issue or problem.

People who are middle of the road just haven't found a niche or hobby to keep them interested. I've never met anyone like that, but it sounds bad. It's strange enough when I run into someone who isn't even that passionate about one thing that's usually universal. Music. They'd have to be extra boring if they were like that about everything.

Yep, I've known ITP's back in my high school who were very interesting and absorbed into certain hobbies and stuff; never met one who wasn't.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTJs are so busy trying to control everything that they easily forget about hobbies.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know an ESTJ who collects so much shit that he has multiple cabinets in his house to hold it all. Over the years, he has changed from knives to guns, and has always collected tequila (I guess, since he was old enough to). He also collects movies. And yes, I would call it passionate. So passionate that in his old apartment, there were piles of shit everywhere to the point where there was only a small path with which to maneuver through it. His entire living room now is overtaken with tequila bottles.

I think any type can be passionate about a hobby.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This would be a great "types and interests" thread. I can't think of a type with no passions, so it would be fun to list what I think the passions of different types could be. I would make a list now but I'm afraid it would make me late for work.

G

garbage

Huh. Bemoaning implies either (a) that they are passionate people but concerned that they haven't found good outlets, or (b) that they're concerned that they're not passionate people--that they think everyone else around them is and that it's weird that they are not.

Either can happen to pretty much anyone, I think.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't this this sort of thing is type related.

The only part of it I can see as possibly being type related is people who flit from interest to interest and passion to passion vs. those who find something they like and stick with it for a long time, exploring it in great depth.