User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Default Type your Professor

Present or past. What type are your professors?

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

- 1st semester voice teacher: ISTJ 8w9 Sp/So (about the last type you'd expect a singer to be lol)
    - 2nd semester voice teacher: INF? 9w1? Sp/Sx (needless to say we understood each other better than with my first voice teacher)
    - English Diction: ENFJ 1w9 So/Sx (she had a vibe like Meryl Streep for some reason)
    - choir director: INFJ 1w2 So/Sx (his vibe was somewhat like Ghandi. I've never met someone who was such a team player but at the same time so rational and intelligent. it was interesting meeting someone with such polar opposite desires from myself while still having so much in common with me intellectually)
    - English 101: INF? 5w4 Sx/Sp
    - music theory: ENFP 6w7 Sx/??
    - intro to theater: ESFJ 4w3 So/Sx
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Hmm.

My Econ professor is probably INTJ; he has a pretty INTJ vibe and he has a very hard time explaining his thought processes to the class, which seems like an Ni thing. (He makes lots of mistakes on the board, that the students end up having to correct -- but he's still incredibly smart, just pretty spacey!)

My historiography professor is definitely IxFx.... Maybe IxFJ. She brings cookies to class every week

My other History professor is so INTx that it isn't even funny. He's like Dr. House in a lot of ways! Seems like the sort of person who, when in high school, only hung out with people for entertainment value. He also makes intentionally vague and confusing essay prompts just to allow for a more "fun" paper-writing experience -- i.e. a more intellectually stimulating one. Drives the STJs in the class completely bonkers though!

I have NO idea about my Arabic professor... except that he's a P. To the point of being 30 mins late to class sometimes and not acting like it's a big deal. Some of that could be due to him being on "Arab Time", though (he's Egyptian).

I had a high school US History teacher and a college World History professor who were VERY similar to one another, and both the sorts of teachers who are interesting and funny enough to spark a passion for history in a person -- and I think they're both ESTP.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

My supervisor's probably INJF. He's super nice, sometimes too nice. He goes out of his way to give me opportunities, which is fantastic.

Old professors from old uni:

ENFJ: Very good at explaining things. He took most of the intro phil courses. Very easy guy to approach. When I first started I thought he had to be the head of the department or something with his people skills.

ENTP: A manly, beer and sports type of guy. Very smart and well published. Head of the department for a reason, though he's pretty disorganised.

XNFP?: She was my supervisor in honors and I liked her quite a bit. Really smart and well published but she doesn't get along with everyone else because she's lazy. The department's small, so the ENFJ and INTX end up doing all the work. When she was in grad school, she started dating her professor and is now happily married. Quite a power couple. I have a really hard time figuring out her type.

INTX: Probably enneagram type 1. He does a lot of the grunt work and isn't very happy about it. I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped out of philosophy and went back to his old job as a social worker. He took on all the serious drug abuse cases back in the day.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Hmm.

My Econ professor is probably INTJ; he has a pretty INTJ vibe and he has a very hard time explaining his thought processes to the class, which seems like an Ni thing. (He makes lots of mistakes on the board, that the students end up having to correct -- but he's still incredibly smart, just pretty spacey!)

My historiography professor is definitely IxFx.... Maybe IxFJ. She brings cookies to class every week

My other History professor is so INTx that it isn't even funny. He's like Dr. House in a lot of ways! Seems like the sort of person who, when in high school, only hung out with people for entertainment value. He also makes intentionally vague and confusing essay prompts just to allow for a more "fun" paper-writing experience -- i.e. a more intellectually stimulating one. Drives the STJs in the class completely bonkers though!

I have NO idea about my Arabic professor... except that he's a P. To the point of being 30 mins late to class sometimes and not acting like it's a big deal. Some of that could be due to him being on "Arab Time", though (he's Egyptian).

I had a high school US History teacher and a college World History professor who were VERY similar to one another, and both the sorts of teachers who are interesting and funny enough to spark a passion for history in a person -- and I think they're both ESTP.
    what other reason is there to hang out with people?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

NPcomplete

My grad school supervisor is probably an XNXP.. Well he is Ne-ful anyway. We can somehow activate each other's crazy switches and even the most serious conversations can take silly tangents.

My undergrad supervisor is probably INTJ. I regretted choosing him at first because he always seemed to push us so hard (too hard?), specially since my friends with other profs were having such easy lives...but all in all, it was a good decision. He could have the best sarcastic lines sometimes..Of course it only entertaining when you're not the subject of it.

Ugh I've had too many profs so I'll just talk about the most memorable ones.

Design prof - INTX. Probably the best prof I've ever had. His office was always open for questions and he knew how to make the hardest topics easy to understand.

Civil engineering prof from first year - INTJ. It took a while to get used to him but I like his lecture style. He used to combine architecture and engineering with history.

Thermodynamics prof - ENTP. A lot of people in my class hated him because he was "irresponsible and told pointless stories" but I think his stories made perfect sense. Or maybe because I learn better from stories..anyway, I liked his class.

Applied math/calculus prof - INTP. He breathed, lived and slept math. His teaching style and my learning style mesh well..

French culture prof - EXFJ. I'm not sure but I could feel the Fe-ooze even at the back of the class.

Organic chem prof - IXTP. His sense of humour was pretty twisted and sometimes his disorganisation would be frustrating but we probably weren't any better.

Physics prof - IXFX. It's just an impression he gives..

Ethics prof - EXTJ. I don't know what to say.. I didn't like him very much.

Glycerine

Philosophy professors: ENTP- he looked like a freaking philosopher from the 1700s with the hair, glasses, his clothes.. INTP- it feels like a one hour monologue because people glaze over and don't talk. INXP (leaning towards INTP: logic. Very nice, laidback.

Psychology profs: ENFP (verified)- hated him, condescending, pervy old man who used the class as his test subjects and his own soapbox for his beliefs, ENFP- the most neurotic person I have ever met in my life but very engaging, smart, knowledgeable. IXXJ (I am guessing INFJ)?-scares me... very knowledgeable, high standards, blunt, hard exterior but nice. ENTP- very funny, laidback, VERY BLUNT (but gets away with it... ),, random.

Anthro profs: INTP- hilarious, entertaining, random, a lot of girls had a crush on him, childlike, slightly elitist but nice...he definitely favored you if you got As because he prided himself in being hard ("if you get A's in my class, then you will succeed in pretty much anything") . INFJ- nice, in her own world, high standards. liked a lot of feedback.

I am always under the impression that I drive the XNTP profs crazy but they typically say the customary "It was nice to have you in class" line.

MBTI
    IsFJ

I'm quite sure my old physics teacher was an ISTP.

As for right now, I seem to have quite a few Ti users as teachers... It's to be expected when the subject veers close to sociology, I suppose.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

My grad school advisor was INTP - a real authority in his field, very insistent that we understood the theory and underpinnings of everything we did. In many ways, he was also the classic absent-minded professor. He would go around in circles analyzing even relatively small decisions, and neglected the administrative side of his research sometimes. Even as a student, I quickly became his organization, setting up a schedule for reports and preparing them for his approval, compiling and formatting proposals, and laying out the options for decisions, including the costs of postponement or doing nothing. His other students thought he didn't give them enough direction, but grad students should not require spoonfeeding. I had no problem setting my own direction and asking for the feedback I needed. We worked well together, and I think he still misses me in the group.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    I could feel the Fe-ooze even at the back of the class.
    I've had profs like that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    what other reason is there to hang out with people?
    Um... friendship?

Sure, entertainment value may have something to do with why you became friends in the first place -- but after a while hanging out with them stops being selfish, or at least becomes a lot less selfish.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!