MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Default JCF and Social Interaction Question

Question for you guys...

What cognitive processes would be involved in the following scenarios in a conversation:

Person 1 is more self-conscious and more concerned about feeling comfortable with oneself when interacting with others. They are selective with what they reveal to others. They tend to want others to understand their train of thought, but often feel as if revealing their thoughts would be invasive and think that others lack enthusiasm for the topic they do, or their thoughts would be considered unusual, hence they tend to stay quiet.

Person 2 is more concerned with how people react to them, and tests the waters to see if they feel comfortable. The person is more outgoing when speaking about something they enjoy. If the person they are speaking to reacts positively to something they enjoy, then they speak up. If the person doesn't react positively to the topic, then they scale things down and gradually build it up. "Does the other person want to talk about this?" is what they think of.

Curious to see what you guys think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

ReflecTcelfeR

I see Fi being the first and Fe being the second.

Glycerine

I say either Fi or Fe for either one depending the intent.

I think this might be more an introversion/extroversion thing than a cognitive function thing. Although many extroverts like to blab on without gauging external reactions.

I think the first option is definitely related to introversion though.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Person 1 and Person 2 are both introverts, for further information.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Question for you guys...

What cognitive processes would be involved in the following scenarios in a conversation:

Person 1 is more self-conscious and more concerned about feeling comfortable with oneself when interacting with others. They are selective with what they reveal to others. They tend to want others to understand their train of thought, but often feel as if revealing their thoughts would be invasive and think that others lack enthusiasm for the topic they do, or their thoughts would be considered unusual, hence they tend to stay quiet.

Person 2 is more concerned with how people react to them, and tests the waters to see if they feel comfortable. The person is more outgoing when speaking about something they enjoy. If the person they are speaking to reacts positively to something they enjoy, then they speak up. If the person doesn't react positively to the topic, then they scale things down and gradually build it up. "Does the other person want to talk about this?" is what they think of.

Curious to see what you guys think.

I can think of several people claiming to be INFJ who made both types of comments.

I agree with Jaguar, I don't think the first statement would be unusual coming from an IxFJ. Also, both people seem concerned with how people react to them, they just negotiate the problem in different ways.

Glycerine

I can think of people who type as IXFP saying something similar to #2.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Question for you guys...

Fleshing it out some more I think the top seems like Fi-Si (or vice-versa). I'm going to say vice-versa.

This actually now seems... Well obviously if this is still Fe then I'm going to say it may actually be inferior. I don't know if auxiliary users are ones to test the waters… I am unsure.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

@Glycerine You are very close about the type of Person 2.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

― Friedrich Nietzsche