• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

JCF and Social Interaction Question

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Question for you guys...

What cognitive processes would be involved in the following scenarios in a conversation:

Person 1 is more self-conscious and more concerned about feeling comfortable with oneself when interacting with others. They are selective with what they reveal to others. They tend to want others to understand their train of thought, but often feel as if revealing their thoughts would be invasive and think that others lack enthusiasm for the topic they do, or their thoughts would be considered unusual, hence they tend to stay quiet.

Person 2 is more concerned with how people react to them, and tests the waters to see if they feel comfortable. The person is more outgoing when speaking about something they enjoy. If the person they are speaking to reacts positively to something they enjoy, then they speak up. If the person doesn't react positively to the topic, then they scale things down and gradually build it up. "Does the other person want to talk about this?" is what they think of.

Curious to see what you guys think.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I see Fi being the first and Fe being the second.

G

Glycerine

I say either Fi or Fe for either one depending the intent.

I think this might be more an introversion/extroversion thing than a cognitive function thing. Although many extroverts like to blab on without gauging external reactions.

I think the first option is definitely related to introversion though.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Person 1 and Person 2 are both introverts, for further information.

Jaguar

Question for you guys...

What cognitive processes would be involved in the following scenarios in a conversation:

Person 1 is more self-conscious and more concerned about feeling comfortable with oneself when interacting with others. They are selective with what they reveal to others. They tend to want others to understand their train of thought, but often feel as if revealing their thoughts would be invasive and think that others lack enthusiasm for the topic they do, or their thoughts would be considered unusual, hence they tend to stay quiet.

Person 2 is more concerned with how people react to them, and tests the waters to see if they feel comfortable. The person is more outgoing when speaking about something they enjoy. If the person they are speaking to reacts positively to something they enjoy, then they speak up. If the person doesn't react positively to the topic, then they scale things down and gradually build it up. "Does the other person want to talk about this?" is what they think of.

Curious to see what you guys think.

I can think of several people claiming to be INFJ who made both types of comments.

I agree with Jaguar, I don't think the first statement would be unusual coming from an IxFJ. Also, both people seem concerned with how people react to them, they just negotiate the problem in different ways.

G

Glycerine

I can think of people who type as IXFP saying something similar to #2.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Question for you guys...

Fleshing it out some more I think the top seems like Fi-Si (or vice-versa). I'm going to say vice-versa.

This actually now seems... Well obviously if this is still Fe then I'm going to say it may actually be inferior. I don't know if auxiliary users are ones to test the waters… I am unsure.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=5109]Glycerine[/MENTION] You are very close about the type of Person 2.

Silveresque

Person 1 sounds exactly like me. Person 2, I don't know. Maybe a Fe user? Or maybe even Se?

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For the solution to the problem I gave you guys,
the cognitive profile of the two people:
Person 1 is: Ni - Fe - Fi - Te - Ti - Ne - Si - Se
Person 2 is: Si - Fi - Fe - Te - Se - Ti - Ne - Ni